• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Yo, Shiny Pokemon Hunters, I can see a lot (and I mean, a lot) of new shinies from a whole bunch of you. 8D Congratulations on those. :D I am about to get back to hunting Charmander again (took a break, was playing Phantom Hourglass, drawing, vacation, etc; if anyone noticed my inactivity from the club), so I hope I'm next to get my Shiny. D: Also, welcome to the new members (and returning members?), have a good time here. Also, I heard the news of Serebii's Shiny Club closing...

Anywho, good luck to those hunting. ^_^

I remember my first shiny in 3rd gen... I got so excited I ran from it by mistake... Oh those were the days. xD

[...]

LOL!! Sorry about the shiny loss, but that was hysterical. XD

Years
Congratulations on all recent shinies, everyone.

Still nothing new here. I'm gonna try and make Giratina or Zapdos sparkle today, but my hopes aren't riding high. I'm somewhere around 3,600 for Zapdos and 4,000 for Giratina. My Platinum hates me, and my LeafGreen is on vacation. Just, great.

That's it for now, so good luck to all. What happened to that burst of activity?!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, well. I've gotten quite a bit of shiny hunting done these past few days. My targets have changed around a bit as well.

BUT.

That's not why I'm posting.

I'm posting to say that I have a new shiny! And that shiny is Wobbuffet. I got it at a 39 chain; I was being EXTREMELY selective about which sort of patches I entered, and I just happened to get lucky and got a shiny patch when I was resetting the Radar to go from 39 to 40. I'm very happy with this shiny Wobb, too, because I had to go through many broken chains just to catch it. It was also a ShinyDex Wobb. :D Dunno how many more I'm gonna catch, not too many, though. I'm going to EV-train this Wobbuffet, then I'll begin hatching for a shiny Riolu again. I'm starting to doubt if one of my Pokemon is truly international, but hey, I've only hatched about 420 eggs so far.

I've also gotten a lot of SRs for Giratina these past few days! Mence, I'm catching up to you, lol, I have about 2115 SRs, plus the first hundred or so that I never really counted.

I've also made the decision to give a some attention to Palkia. I want to soft reset for a shiny Piplup, and since I can't find my other Diamond versions, I can only soft reset on Pearl. Meaning that once I get this shiny Palkia, I will probably chain for some nice shinies (Miltank and Misdreavus are the only ones that come to mind that are exclusive/have a better catch rate on Pearl), then start it over to soft reset for a shiny Piplup. :)

As for my third gen games...well, same old, same old, really.

Good luck, everyone.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to new shinies everyone ^_^.

Well I have a new shiny to add to my collection. Yesterday morning I was hatching for shiny Skorupi for the 4th phase of the shiny circuit. On the 983rd egg, a shiny male Skorupi popped out :). He has a Hasty nature with Battle Armor ability(I was hoping for Sniper but ah well)

Shiny Skorupi hatches

Here is the video of shiny Skorupi:

Shiny Skorupi

I started hatching for a shiny Dragon Dance Totodile. I haven't gotten a lot hatched, as I'm currently SRing for shiny Palkia in my other copy of Platinum.

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
hello everyone, i'm back on the track of shiny hunting since my schoolyear is finally over, i'm currently hunting a shiny drifloon, i am on somewhat 600 srings by now,as for my emerald i am hunting registeel and am around 100 srings, going to try and get to 1000 for drifloon by today and later on switch on to registeel wish me luck :D ( hopefully one of em will turn out to be my first sring shiny :p )

and congratz to all new shinies and good luck on your hunts :D

edit - - - well looks like there isn't much activity here today, so i figured i'll just edit my last post :p so after a total of 700 srings for drifloon and 200 for registeel i went on a little break and figured that i would chain something, so i went to Pastoria city and went to the left route where i got a shiny female adamant ( synch worked :D ) croagunk at a chain of 14, got further in the chain but it broke at 29 for no apparent reason, but i do have a shiny croagunk now :D well back to sring and good luck to everyone ( pictures comming soon)

Last edited:

Setting_Sun

The cake is NOT a lie.
Years
I was hoping to join the Shiny Hunters' Club here. If I may do so before being accepted, I'd like to share my shiny-hunting experiences so far.
____

My first shiny pokemon was a Shiny Kadabra, found in Cerulean Cave while playing Fire Red. It was while I was SR'ing for a Shiny Mewtwo. I had no patience, though, so I caught it and then tried to exit. When the pause happened between the sprite and the shine, I thought the game froze. Boy was I wrong. I have yet to make it a Kadabra due to limited trading abilities (my parents won't let me hook my DS to the internet, and nobody nearby has the games.)

My second was a SR'd Shiny Rayquaza in Sapphire. It has an attack hindering nature and horrible IV's, but it looks awesome. Most people accept my friend card on PBR for that alone, yet I win most my battles with an EV/IV/Nature trained Pikachu. The Shiny Rayquaza took about 2000 SR's to get, and I got it while Free-Battling on Colosseum out of boredom.

My misfortune in ShinyLand was a chaining accident. Chaining Eevees isn't easy, but I tried, and after hours of messing up and having the chain reset for no reason, I finally got to 40. I ran around for a while, waiting for a patch, when my brother made a loud noise. I turned to tell him to stop while moving in the game, and I mashed "A" when I heard the noise that the Max Repel was up. I disregarded it for a second though, and took one step. Wild Roselia appeared! The chain broke, the roselia wasn't shiny, and I was pissed.
_____
My current goal is a shiny Darkrai in Diamond. I used the "Fake Sinnoh"/Tweaking glitch to get there (it took hours, and I don't recommend it,) but I'm working on it. My goal WAS a shiny Giratina in Platinum, but I settled for a modest/perfect sp.attack one instead. I was very lucky there, and I guess I made good use of my master ball. The Darkrai should be interesting. I've been over 2500 at the least. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to devote time to shiny hunting because of my Dad's strict video game/internet rules, but I'll do my best to contribute. I lack motivation to chain pokemon, though, so after Darkrai, if anyone has any ideas for any pokemon, rare or common, while chaining, please let me know.

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
Years
hello everyone, i'm back on the track of shiny hunting since my schoolyear is finally over, i'm currently hunting a shiny drifloon, i am on somewhat 600 srings by now,as for my emerald i am hunting registeel and am around 100 srings, going to try and get to 1000 for drifloon by today and later on switch on to registeel wish me luck :D ( hopefully one of em will turn out to be my first sring shiny :p )

and congratz to all new shinies and good luck on your hunts :D

edit - - - well looks like there isn't much activity here today, so i figured i'll just edit my last post :p so after a total of 700 srings for drifloon and 200 for registeel i went on a little break and figured that i would chain something, so i went to Pastoria city and went to the left route where i got a shiny female adamant ( synch worked :D ) croagunk at a chain of 14, got further in the chain but it broke at 29 for no apparent reason, but i do have a shiny croagunk now :D well back to sring and good luck to everyone ( pictures comming soon)

how did you chain for croagunk if you can only catch them in the great marsh? hmmm well watever, congrats on woobafett fufu..too bad its an uber lol. No new shinys for me, but im still going for them :D good luck all.

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
how did you chain for croagunk if you can only catch them in the great marsh? hmmm well watever, congrats on woobafett fufu..too bad its an uber lol. No new shinys for me, but im still going for them :D good luck all.

uhmmm .... platinum?

well nothing new for me now, still going on drifloon and registeel and just ev trained my croagunk

good luck to everyone :D

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
Years
Well, since i am still banned from the shiny club on sppf, i will just post here about my update.

So far no new shinys, did do a lil bit softresetting for drifloon...I found my emerald, so i may start to hunt in that for a little bit...good luck all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
The club was reopened a few days ago thanks to Fufu ^^.

Well I'm taking a small break from hatching eggs, and I will get back to fishing for a shiny to finish the shiny circuit. Haven't really touched it the past few days, been busy with work and getting ready for vacation(I leave tomorrow). I doubt it'll shine before I leave, but I'll continue to hunt for the final leg of the shiny circuit.

If I don't see any new shinies before I leave, congrats to new shinies you may get.

Setting_Sun

The cake is NOT a lie.
Years
Okay, I just found the shiny darkrai. It has a green eye! I never knew that! Unfortunately, I don't have any pokemon to do significant low-health damage (I need to rely on Staraptor's quick attack, the only move which won't kill the darkrai, and Pikachu/Pichu's thunder wave/volt tackle.) Plus the pokeball selection sucks. I've caught several normal Darkrai using PokeBalls to IV check, but I really hope this works. I'll edit this post once I catch it. Wish me luck!

Edit: CAUGHT! At 12:00 Noon exactly! I used a timer ball after about 20 turns. It was at over half health (I didn't want to risk a critical hit due to bad luck against the Shiny Rayquaza*) and paralyzed. I'm so happy right now! I seem to only be able to SR for shinies while playing Colosseum at the same time, I was training at Mt. Battle while the Darkrai appeared. Now I need to check IV's, which I will post, and type the Rayquaza story.

Stats: Not surprised, it sucks. It's Relaxed (-speed, +defense) with 16 HP/11 Attk/21 Def/3 Sp.Attk/16 Sp.Def/3 Spd IV's. Go figure. At least it's shiny! X3

*I was playing Colosseum in a free battle while SR'ng on my little brother's Sapphire version for a Shiny Rayquaza. I turned the volume off, which was stupid, because I nearly reset before I realized it was shiny. Delcatty, at level 44, was the pokemon my little brother had set as his lead, and it knew Blizzard. I figured, "Hey, this'll work!" So I used Blizzard after it used Rest (first turn... stupid dragon...) and it took it down to about 5 hp left. Critical hit. GAA! Then the Rayquaza Outraged, so I threw the master ball before it could end up confused.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Wow, congratulations on your shiny Darkrai! Though there isn't much difference between it's normal form and shiny form, I think shiny Darkrai si beautiful. I'm jealosu of you. *_* I'm think I'm going to tweak for a shiny Darkrai after I restart my Pearl and get a shiny Piplup...but first I have to get shiny Palkia, and first I have to get shiny Giratina.

Just updating you all, my SRs for Giratina are now at 4662 SRs. That's a decent amount for only four and a half-days.

Edit: 5107 Giratina now. Shine pleaseeeeeeeee.

Edit2: I decided to scrap my hunt of Clefairy and wild hunt for a shiny from Pokemon Mansion. I'd like to have a shiny of first-class society. ;) I'm hoping for a shiny Koffing, but I'd really be happy with any shiny from the place. Grimer would look nice, too. I need to breed a Damp Hypnosis Psyduck, however, so I will do that on Emerald.

Last edited:
Years
Welcome to the club, Setting_Sun! (IMO, shiny Darkrai is kind of boring. I'd tweak for a shiny Shaymin, but I might as well just wait for the Platinum event.

I need to breed a Damp Hypnosis Psyduck, however, so I will do that on Emerald.
GenIII Shiny Hypnosis Politoed <3

Sorry for the inactivity, with work and all, plus an epic osu! project which I've fallen behind schedule with.

Needless to say, I'm still chaining Trapinch in the desert. I also chain Vibrava, since they seem to come along more, plus the occasional Cacnea, but they all break on 4-zone patches. It's not worth it following the patterns in the desert, plus I don't think they do anything, anyway.

Setting_Sun

The cake is NOT a lie.
Years
Shiny Darkrai in D/P/Pl looks kinda boring, but I love how it looks on PBR. The Wii makes the bright colors duller and darker, but the green eye stands out much more.

I bred a Shiny Seedot on Sunday, with special attack egg moves and a special attack hindering nature. *Sigh.* I'm hoping to turn it into a Shrifty and boost its attack up, or something. I don't remember how many tries it took, but I was frustrated waiting for the Seedot. It looks awesome though.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Wait, MM, the Poli-familly has Damp? Ugh, then breeding that Psyduck was just a huge waste of time. Grr...

Oh well, not matter.

Why?

Yes! Finally! After hundreds of broken chains, disgruntled moans, and tossing my DS Cart in disgust, I FINALLY HAVE A SHINY GROWLITHE!

Basically, I was chaining for Growlithe. I had at least four chains break under five on 4-zone patches, which meant I was being a little to careless. This time, however, I took more care, only going into 4-zone patches when 3 - 4 of the patches were sparkly, and I made sure the 4th zone patch wasn't touching any other patches or on the edges. Then, on a 14 chain, I was resetting the Radar, and a shiny patch appeared! I almost missed it becaues I was SRing for shiny Giratina simultaneously, and I looked at the last second. :D

I'm in a battle with it now! Even if I get just one shiny Growlithe, I'll be satisfied because I love it sooo much. :D :D :D I caught it in an Ultra Ball because it goes excellent with Growlithe's golden and black coat.

Now if only I could have this kind of luck with Giratina...

Good luck to everyone else, and congratulations on your shiny Seedot, Setting_Sun.

Setting_Sun

The cake is NOT a lie.
Years
Thanks, It's just Fufu. (Would you go by Fufu if your username is "It's just Fufu?") Good luck with your Giratina. I wanted to SR for one and had no luck, but I kept on catching them in Master Balls to see their IV's. I was lucky to get a Modest/Perfect SA Giratina.

I need inspiration for my next shiny. I have yet to beat the Elite 4 on Platinum, which makes me need to resort to Diamond for PokeRadar, and the Pokemon selection isn't all too good in Diamond. I'm tempted to chain for Flaafy on route 222. I'll tell you how that goes. If it fails, I'll try for some Mansion Pokemon.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yes, you can call me Fufu. That's what most people call me anyways!

I've changed one target. I'm no longer hatching for Riolu; instead, I will hatch for a shiny Shroomish with False Swipe and Fake Tears. I also let my brother have the spare Diamond version, but he has yet to start playing it.

8819 SRs for Giratina.

Back