• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Type-locke Challenge

Years

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The Type-locke Challenge
[/FONT]

Like a nuzlocke, in this challenge if a pokemon faints it is considered dead, and must be released or permanently boxed.

Unlike a nuzlocke however, in this challenge you are limited to only 15 pokemon in Gen I, 17 pokemon in Gens II-V, and 18 pokemon in gen VI.

For in this challenge, the player (you) can only capture one pokemon for each type. As soon as you encounter a pokemon of one type, this pokemon fills the "slot" in your type-chart, and no other pokemon of the same type can be caught. If the pokemon flees or faints, it still fills the "slot" (like in this chart for example)

• Ex: you pick oshawott, no more water types. You encounter lillipup first on route 1 and K.O., no more normal types can be caught

Where things get a little more interesting is with dual-types. There are three ways to play:

1) A pokemon's primary type is the only typing it can be used for, (so starly counts only as normal type) For this just be aware that almost all flying types have flying as their secondary type.
2) a dual type pokemon can count for either of it's types, however:

• Ex: Encounter sewaddle in pinwheel, put it down for bug type, (say you want petilil for grass) and then encounter venipede, venipede must count for poison, not as a "repeat bug"

• Ex (dupes allowed): encounter sewaddle in pinwheel, mark it down as bug. Encounter another sewaddle, must be marked down as grass
(You can choose to play with dupes clause, to avoid second example!)

OR 3) a dual type fills up both slots.

• Ex: Sewaddle fills Bug and Grass slots

If you need an HM slave you may capture one. Don't use it in battle though (including being used as a meat shield)

Just to reiterate, if you catch a tentacool for a water type and it faints, you may not catch another pokemon that only fits the water quota. You can catch another tentacool if your poison slot is open though!

And, not sure if I made this clear but you can (and will) capture more than one mon per area!

Also, pokemon that change or gain a type upon evolving will count for the slot of their evolution

• Ex: catch an eevee and put it in electric slot for jolteon
  • Ex: Catch a drilbur and put it in steel slot for excadrill
For forme changes, that pokemon counts for the slot both formes shares (with the exception of wormadam and castform(which will count as normal))

Optional Rules:

*No Items (or no items in battle)
*Dupes Clause (for dual types)
*Limited Pokemon Center Heals (1 in normal towns, 1 before gym and one after gym in gym towns)
*No repels (recommended)
*Starter can be ditched/wont count for type
*Dual types count for BOTH type slots
*Anything else you can think of!

Sign-Up
Username: GolurkIsDabomb
Game: Pokemon White Version
Rules: 2) A dual type pokemon can count for either of it's types
Dupes Clause
No Repels

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

***If this challenge has seemed confusing thus far, this may help (and will help for recording your mons for each type) I think making a chart like this is really helpful. The base is up above!

And finally, your challenge ends when the credits roll for the first time.

Good luck Challengers!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Username: jellicentfan1
Game: Pokemon White Version
Dupes Clause
No Repel

Last edited:

Splintey

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Username: Splintey
Game: Pokemon FireRed Version
Dupes Clause
No Repels

Sirfetch’d

As Chase wakes up to start his wonderful Pokemon adventure in the land of Unova he is introduced to the world of Pokemon by the lovely Professor Juniper. She explains what Pokemon are used for and the bonds that a trainer forms with their Pokemon. She asks to know a little about Chase so he promptly lets her know that he is male and that his name is Chase. Shortly after Chase is introduced to his two "best friends" Chase is like "whatever" "i have never seen these people in my life, but if you say so....." So professor Juniper explains to Chase that his friends go by the names of Cheren and Bianca.

It is a warm summer day as Chase is in his room as Cheren and Bianca both pay him a visit(Bianca late!!) to receive their Pokemon that Professor Juniper had promised them. The excitement builds as the trainers eagerly wait to pick their first Pokemon. Chase is selected to pick the first Pokemon as this is his home. He decides to go with the fiery Tepig and names it after his real best friend Tom! Bianca decides to go with the smug Snivy as her choice. Although she realizes she has a disadvantage over Chase she is still happy with her selection. Cheren is not happy about picking last, but wanted Oshawott all along. Everyone is happy! The three trainers are all happy with their new partners and decide to partake in a battle. Bianca is first up vs Chase and she thinks that it is a good idea to have the battle inside. Cheren disagrees! As Bianca and Chase fight a close battle, Tom's power is just too much for the little Snivy to handle. Chase has won his first battle.Quickly after the battle the trainers notice the room is a complete mess, however it can't get any messier so Cheren heals Chase's and Bianca's Pokemon and gets ready for battle! This battle will be a little tougher for Chase, but he is prepared. He sends out Tom once again to face the cute little Oshawott. It was a close battle as well, but once again, Tom the Tepig was just too strong for Oshawott and won his second battle. He also grew a level! The group decides to go downstairs to apologize for the destruction that they had caused during the battles. Chase's mom isnt even mad about the destruction! Cheren and Bianca leave, but as Chase stays behind his mother gives him the Xtranciever as a gift for his adventure that he is about to partake. As Chase walks outside to a flock of Swoobat flying around his house, he now makes his way to the lab where Cheren is patiently waiting on him and Bianca, however Cheren sends Chase to find Bianca(she is late as usual!) Chase arrives at Bianca's house and sees her arguing with her father and later storming out of the house in rage agreeing to meet Chase at the lab. The three friends go into the lab to be greeted by Juniper. She is slightly surprised that the friends had already had a battle but is pleased to learn that the Pokemon had already made friends with their trainers. Chase now officially nicknames his partner Tom. Professor Juniper now explains about the Pokedex and her request that the three trainers help her fill it and complete her dream! She gives all three trainers a Pokedex as a gift. They are extremely excited about this. She now wants to teach the trainers what it is like to meet and catch Pokemon so they all agree to meet at route one. On the way the three trainers are given a map by Chase's mom. Se is so nice! The three trainers all decide to enter route one at the same time! What an experience this is for the three friends!

Now exploring route one, Professor Juniper now shows the friends how to encounter and catch a Pokemon. The three all watch carefully and learn as this is their first time ever seeing this before. Professor Juniper encounters a level 2 Patrat and proceeds to battle it. She uses her Minccino. She quickly weakens the low-leveled Patrat and catches it with ease! She now explains how status can make catching a Pokemon easier. To get the trainers started she gives them each a few Pokeballs to start their adventures with. She agrees to meet the friends in Accumula town. The trainers think it would be a fun idea to see who can catch the most Pokemon on the way to the next town." Challenge accepted!!!", Chase screams. As Chase makes his way, he quickly encounters a Lillipup as his first wild Pokemon. This is a very exciting moment for him. He easily captures the Lillipup who now takes his Normal-type slot on his team. Chase decides to take a small rest after successfully capturing his first Pokemon!

After awaking from his nap, Chase continues on his way to Accumula Town and avoids running into anymore Pokemon. He now has two Pokemon on his team just as Cheren and Bianca. It is a tie! The Xtransceiver begins to ring! It is Professor Juniper and she is waiting in front of the Pokemon Center and agrees to show the friends around the place. She teaches Chase the basics of using the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart. Shortly after explaining a few things to Chase she says she is headed off, but that Chase should meet Fenne,l who is an old friend of Juniper, in Striaton. As Chase and his Pokepals leave the Pokemon Center something is going down in town. There is a disrpution in the plaza. IT'S TEAM PLASMA AND THEIR LEADER GHETSIS! He starts a rant about Pokemon liberation and the town is in utter confusion. Team Plasma now leaves in a uniform manner leaving the town questioning everything. Chase does not know what to think at this point as he just became a trainer hours ago. Cheren and Chase are now met by a mysterious trainer by the name of N. The two both feel something isn't right about this guy, but are nice and listen to what he has to say. He says he can hear their Pokemon speaking. The two trainers are in shock at what this guy is saying! N is not happy about the trainer's goals of completing the Pokedex and confining Pokemon in Pokeballs. He now challenges Chase to a battle. Tom and Derk both partake in this battle and easily defeat his Purrloin.

Now on his way to Striaton town, Chase decides to catch more Pokemon and attempt to take down the Gym Leaders of Unova. He begins his exploration of Route 2 in anticipation of adding a few more members to his new team. Mom now calls him on the Xtransceiver. Surprisingly she is right behind him! Chase is oddly excited to see his mom. After a bit of training and exploring a wild Purrloin appeared!! Chase quickly captures her and decides to name her Sophie. His Dark Type slot is now filled! She will make a fantastic edition to his team. Chase now decides to stop and eat lunch.

Type list:

Spoiler:

The Team:

498.gif

Tom the Tepig
Lv 8
-Tackle
-Tail whip
-Ember

506.gif

Derk the Lillipup
Lv 5
-Leer
-Tackle
- Odor Sleuth

509.gif

Sophie the Purrloin
Lv 5
-Scratch
-Growl

Progress:
Badges 0/8
Types filled 3/17
Pokemon alive- 3
Pokemon dead- 0

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
THIS LOOKS EXTREMELY FUN.

Username: Narnia
Game: White

Rules

- No repels.
- A dual type pokemon can count for either of it's types
- Dupes Clause

Years
Everyone has been added!

Here's my progress so far:

-Started up White, picked male trainer and named myself Tom
-Picked an Oshawott, and beat Bianca and Cheren
Boris the Oshawott, Male, Quirky, Torrent
-Got pokeballs and pokedex etc
-Caught Patrat on route one and named him Jeffrey
-Beat Bianca
-Went on to Striaton and beat all trainers at gym and at dreamyard and Cheren, and then went back to route 1 to train up Boris (I wanted to solo the gym with him so I could have a fire type besides pansear, plus attack evs on route 1 are always good!)
-Made it back to striaton still avoiding any purrloin, and beat gym
-Went to dreamyard and unfortunately encountered a purrloin and named her Donna, ah well. Also got a munna!
Winnie the Munna, Female, Bashful, Synchronize
-Went on to route three and beat Cheren again, did Pasma stuff and caught myself an awesome woobat for flying type
Jenkins the Woobat, Male, Relaxed, Klutz
-Trained Jenkins and Winnie on the audino on route 3, doing my best avoid blitzle, but eventually ran into one and KO'd it not thinking. Whoops!
-Around this time Boris evolved to Dewott
-Continued on to Nacrene, and went to outer pinwheel. Caught myself a Timburr on first try woo!
Barristan the Timburr, Male, Sassy (mhm gurl oh no you di'in't), Sheer Force
-Beat Lenora but due to my stupid switching I ended up having to use Donna as a sacrifice :(
-Plasma Stuff!!!
-Went to Inner Pinwheel and encountered a venipede who I named Candice, then encountered a Petilil!
Padma the Petilil, Female, Calm, Own Tempo (named padma because in a previous playthrough I had one named Paravati (Petilil Patil hee hee puns okay I'll stop))
-Also encountered Sewaddle for bug type, but KO'd it with a crit I think :(
-Finished Plasma stuff and went to Castelia
-Caught a darumaka and a sandile
Dexter the Darumaka, Male, Relaxed, Hustle
Nona the Sandile, Female, Moxie, Careful
-Trained everyone up in Pinwheel to level 21
-More Plasma stuff
-Working on training everyone to 25 or so before Burgh!

Active team: Nona the Sandile, Boris the Dewott, Barristan the Timburr, Winnie the Munna, Padma the Petilil, and Dexter the Darumaka (all lvl 21)
Boxed: Jeffrey the Patrat (lvl 2), Candice the Venipede (lvl 16), and Jenkins the Woobat (lvl 20)
Dead: Donna the Purrloin (lvl 10) RIP DONNA

Chart: http://i.imgur.com/na6h0HI.png

5 types left! (two of which will probably be filled at Relic Castle)

Sirfetch’d

Chase along with his new partner, Sophie, decides to continue his adventure on becoming the greatest Pokemon trainer in all of Unova. Chase and his team decide to explore the remainder of route 2 encountering many Pokemon and trainers along the way. His team is quickly becoming stronger and stronger and now Chase feels as if he is ready to take on the Striaton Gym. However, Chase has a huge scare as an oddly strong Patrat has a Critical Hit on Tom nearly making him faint. Chase now realizes that Potions can come in handy even when battling apparently weak Pokemon. Bianca flags Chase down and requests a Pokemon battle, but she is just no match and Derk is able to defeat her all by himself. Once Chase arrives at the Gym he learns that the leader is at the Trainer School, however when he arrives they had already left. Chase defeats Cheren in a Pokemon battle instead. As Chase finalizes his Gym preparations he defeats all of the Gym trainers and sees that Cress will be his opponent. Cress is the water trainer of the trio having an advantage over Chase's strongest Pokemon, Tom. Chase knows that this is gonna be a tough fight, but is prepared and knows that his team can do it. Chase fights a tough battle and even loses his Purrloin during the fight but after many potions he defeats Cress and decides to take a rest.

After leaving the Gym, Chase is greeted by Fennel, the scientist Juniper had told him about. Fennel now leads Chase upstairs to her lab and gives Chase HM01 CUT!!! She requests that Chase goes to the Dreamyard and retrieve Dream Mist from the dreaming Pokemon, Munna. Chase is excited about this new adventure and is already anticipating all of the rare and strong Pokemon that he could encounter along the way. So Chase and his partners Tom and Derk continue on their journey! Chase meets up with Bianca at the Dreamyard and suddenly....TEAM PLASMA! They want to steal the Dream Mist! They begin kicking the terrified Munna so Chase and Bianca help put a stop to this torture. Chase easily defeats the two evil grunts with his trusted pal Tom. This does not stop the grunts from trying to obtain the mist so they proceed to kicking the poor Munna once again until a loud voice stops them. It is Ghetsis! He along with the two mysterious grunts vanish when suddenly a Musharna appears to comfort the distraught Munna. She leaves behind a cloud of Dream Mist as an apparent thank you for saving Munna from the evil grunts. Fennel arrives to take the much needed Dream Mist back to her lab. Chase decides it will be best if he stays around to train some more, so he does just that! While training Chase runs into the amazing dream Pokemon! He successfully captures the Munna and nicknames him Shawn after his good scientific friend. Chase is excited to have Shawn take the role of the Psychic type on his team!

After some rigorous training in the Dreamyard Chase defeats an Audino with Derk when all of a sudden he starts to evolve! Chase is amazed by this sigh as Derk is his first Pokemon to evolve so far. Derk is now a strong and loyal Herdier. The bond that the two share has evolved as well. Chase now decides to train up Tom some more because he feels that he is getting close to evolving too and is excited to see what Tom will turn into. After some more grinding Tom is now a powerful Pignite! Chase and his three partners decide to call it a night as they are still mourning the loss of the sweet Purrloin. Tomorrow Chase will set back out on his way to the second gym in hopes of defeating the very powerful Lenora!

Type list
:
Spoiler:

The Team:
499.gif

Tom the Pignite
Lv 17
-Tackle
-Arm Thrust
-Ember
- Flame Charge
507.gif

Derk the Herdier
Lv 16
-Leer
-Tackle
-Take Down
-Bite

517.gif

Shawn the Munna
Lv 10
-Psywave
-lucky Chant
-Defense Curl
- Yawn

Progress:
Badges 1/8
Types filled 3/17
Pokemon alive- 3
Pokemon dead- 1

Last edited:
Years
Also guys I completely forgot when I was making this thread to put an ending point for your challenge! First post has been updated accordingly with: "And finally, your challenge ends when the credits roll for the first time."

Once again, good luck peeps!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I am a little confused on how this challenge works.

Is it: You can only have 1 of each type, but if you catch a duo type you can make it fit only 1 of the types, then once it dies that type is eliminated?

Sirfetch’d

Haha thanks bro! XD I was confused as to when the challenge was gonna actually end, but now I know :]

NEW UPDATE:

Chase and his team, Tom the Pignite, Derk the Herdier, and Shawn the Munna awaken from their sleep. They have a nice breakfast that as nicely prepared for them by Cilan, one of the other Striaton Gym leaders. The group had quickly worked up an appetite after that long night of battling and taking down the awful Team Plasma. Chase and company now make their way to see Fennel in her lab before heading to the next town. She is very excited to see Chase and to show her appreciation she gives Chase the C-Gear! Chase didn't know what this was or even how to use it, but she showed him and he quickly understood! He thanked her for the gift and then continued on his journey.

Now at route 3, Chase decides to do a little training. There is a preschool nearby with many battles for Chase to partake in and make his team even stronger! He along with his team defeat all of the nearby trainers without even coming close to defeat. Chase now feels accomplished and is ready for any battle..or so he hopes. Chase is now spotted by his friend and rival Cheren who challenges him to a battle. Cheren puts up a good fight, but is no match for Chase as his trusted partner Tom easily defeat Cheren and his much improved team. After the battle Chase and Cheren are nearly trampled on my two Plasma grunts who have stolen a Pokemon from a little girl. The two decide that they must put a stop to this and quickly race off to defeat the grunts and get back this little girl's Pokemon for her, whom she misses dearly. Bianca agrees to stay behind and keep the girl company while she waits on Cheren and Chase to bring her back her Pokemon. Chase and Cheren both defeat the grunts however more quickly show up. The two team up this time to take the evil group down. It is a success! The two win back the Pokemon for the distraught little girl! Chase decides to stay behind to do some training when all of a sudden he encounters a Swoobat! This Pokemon is now Chase's flying type for his adventure. Chase decides to nickname the Swoobat, Aurora because it reminds him of his friend. Chase also encounters a Rogenrolla who will fill the Rock spot on his team. He decides to name her Candy because his favorite candy is rock candy. However in an attempt to train her, she meets an early death from a critical hit. Chase is saddened by this loss, but realizes that he must move on. He trains Aurora up a few levels before moving on and then sees a dust cloud appear. He is not sure what this is, but decides to check it out. A wild Drilbur appeared! Chase is excited to have encountered such a rare Pokemon and quickly captures him. He names him Alex after his favorite little squirrel friend. Chase now has his Steel spot filled!

After training up Drilbur a bit, Chase decides to continue on his journey to the next town. He is stopped by the little girl and thanked for his work in winning back her precious Pokemon. Chase is pleased to be able to help. She gives Chase a few Heal Balls as a thank you. Chase promptly thanks the girl and continues on his journey. He defeats a few trainers along the way and even learns about the tall grass from Cheren. His team is becoming much stronger and he feels that he is definitely ready to take on the Nacrene City Gym Leader, Lenora. She is really tough, any by far the toughest trainer Chase will have faced yet, but he does not let this bring him down. His determination burns bright! He decides to take a rest before challenging the gym.

Type List:
Spoiler:

The Team:
499.gif

Tom the Pignite
Lv 20
-Tackle
-Arm Thrust
-Flame Charge
-Ember
507.gif

Derk the herdier
Lv 17
-Leer
-Tackle
-Take Down
-Bite

517.gif

Shawn the Munna
Lv 17
-Psywave
-Psybeam
-Moonlight
-Yawn
527.gif

Aurora the Woobat
Lv 14
-Confusion
-Odor Sleuth
-Gust
-Assurance

529.gif

Alex the Drilbur
Lv 15
-Metal Claw
-Fury Swpies
-Mudslap
-Scratch

Progress:
Badges 1/8
Types filled 7/17
Pokemon alive- 5
Pokemon dead- 2

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think I'll use slightly different rules to the aboves :D

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Game: Emerald
Rules: A dual type Pokémon can count for either of it's types
Dupes Clause not active
No Repels
Starter can be ditched/wont count for type

I'll be starting tonight! Debating whether or not to use a story format haha.

Sirfetch’d

Chase, who has just awoken from his sleep, decides to explore the outer parts of Pinwheel Forest to get in some much needed last minute training before taking on the Normal type Gym Leader, Lenora. Him and his pals head off after having a nice warm breakfast prepared for them by the town's local chef. The food was very tasty. On his way, he is greeted by a fellow trainer who wants to help Chase on his journey so she gives him TM 94, Rock Smash. Chase, who knows this is an utterly useless move, thanks the girl anyways and then continues on his journey. After some tough Audino level grinding and defeating a few tough(lol) trainers along the way Chase steps into a patch of grass and out pops a Tympole! Chase is super excited as Tympole is one of the cutest Pokemon in all of Unova. Chase quickly weakens it and then captures in on the first attempt! "Success"!, he screams! He names the Tympole, Kaori after on of his best friends. She will now feel the water slot on Chase's team and will make a great addition. Chase now continues on with his training to help make Kaori just as strong as her fellow teammates. Continuing on with level grinding by beating up some Audino, Chase doesn't realize that Aurora's HP is very low when an Audino gets lucky and hits DoubleSlap for 5 hits. Wootbat faints. Chase and his friends are really saddened by this loss as Aurora had became a strong member of Chase's team and was going to be his lead in the next Gym battle. However, as upset as Chase and friends are, they do not let this early death deter their determination of taking down Lenora, and now are inspired more than ever to win this Gym battle for Aurora! The group now makes their way to the second gym.

Upon entering the Gym, Chase is once again met face to face with this mysterious trainer, N. He starts rambling on about Pokemon, but Chase, uninterested, decides to accept his challenge so he can make his way to facing Lenora. It is a rather quick battle, as Chase is just too strong and is able to once again easily defeat N using his most trusted Pokemon, Tom. After the battle N says some final confusing words. Chase just brushes them off and enters the gym. After entering, Chase is surprised with the scenery." This isn't a Gym" Chase thinks to himself, however the Museum director, Lenora's husband, quickly tells Chase that the Gym is in the back and Chase proceeds further on.

After Chase enters the back of the Museum to where the gym is, he learns that he must solve a riddle like puzzle in order to face Lenora. He is excited about this extra challenge and proceeds to complete it. Along the way he defeats several gym trainers and now he finds himself standing right in front of Lenora. His heart is pounding with anticipation of what is about to go down. He tells his team to prepare and the battle begins. This is Chase's toughest battle so far, however he is able to defeat her without a scare due to having a type advantage by using Tom in the battle. After a few Arm Thrust attacks both of her Pokemon find themselves fainted and Chase has obtained his second Gym badge. He holds his up proudly as he and his Pokemon begin to celebrate. Lenora gives Chase TM 67 retaliate as an added gift for defeating her. He thanks her for the gift.

After the battle Lenora's husband quickly runs into the room and is in a panic as Team Plasma has stolen some of the bones from the Museum. Chase runs as fast as he can to see if he can help at all. Chase and Lenora now run out of the Museum in attempt to catch up wit the thieves and retrieve what they had stolen from the museum. After exiting the gym the two are met by Burgh, the Castelia City Gym Leader, he is unaware of what is happening so Lenora quickly catches him up as to what is happening. Bianca and Cheren also appear to see what is going down. The group now decides to split up. Lenora will search the town, Bianca and Cheren will guard the museum, and Burgh and Chase will search Pinwheel forest to see if they can find these fools. Before Chase leaves, Bianca gives him a Dowsing Machine as a present. He thanks her for the gift and continues on his mission to retrieve the stolen bones.

Type Chart:
Spoiler:

The Team:
499.gif

Tom the Pignite
Lv 23
-Rollout
-Arm Thrust
-Ember
-Flame Charge
507.gif

Derk the Herdier
Lv 21
-Leer
-Tackle
-Take Down
-Bite
517.gif

Shawn the Munna
Lv 19
-Psywave
-Psybeam
-Hypnosis
-Moonlight
529.gif

Alex the Drilbur
Lv 21
-Scratch
-Fury Swipes
-Dig
-Metal Claw

535.gif

Kaori the Tympole
Lv 18
-Mud Shot
-Bubblebeam
-Supersonic
-Round

Progress:
Badges 2/8
Types filled 8/17
Pokemon alive- 5
Pokemon dead- 3

Last edited:
Years
I am a little confused on how this challenge works.

Is it: You can only have 1 of each type, but if you catch a duo type you can make it fit only 1 of the types, then once it dies that type is eliminated?

That's exactly how it works! If you're still confused, reading some of the updates and checking out people's type charts could help?

This is a pretty difficult challange. or you could say its very satanic.

I guess you could say that! You could also say it's worth joining! ;]

Alex you've been added, good luck! Hopefully I'll get a chance to play today, stupid drving school has been taking up like all of my time. :<

Sirfetch’d

Chase and Burgh now rush off to Pinwheel forest to get back the stolen bones. His team has been fully healed and they are ready for whatever battles are ahead of them. The two decide to split up because there are two ways out of the forest and they want to make sure that they have both areas covered in case the grunts try to make an escape from the heavily wooded forest. Chase fights a pair of twin trainers on his way. He is not too excited to battle them, as they are distracting him from his mission, however he knows that the extra training is a plus and happily battles and defeats them with ease. Up ahead Chase sees a grunt and he immediately knows that he is close to finding the stolen bones. This grunt did not have them, but he continues ahead knowing that he will find the thief that does have them.

Chase enters a battle with a Youngster when suddenly Derk became poisoned from the opponent's Poison Point ability! Chase quickly calls Derk back to his Pokeball and sends out Tom to finish him off. After the battle Chase uses an antidote to heal Herdier so he doesn't fain from poisoning. They continue on. While traveling along, Chase surprisingly runs into a wild Venipede! Chase captures the poisonous bug and now has his Poison Type slot filled. He decides to name the Venipede Renee after another one of his good friends. She will be a powerhouse on his team once she becomes a fully evolved Scolipede! Chase decides to do some extreme level grinding now as he knows his team isn't ready to face Burgh when the time comes. He levels up all of his Pokemon a few levels and even spends extra time training his newly caught Venipede, when after a battle she starts to evolve! Chase now has a Whirlipede on his team. Much stronger now, Chase and friends continue on their quest to retrieve the bones that team Plasma stole from the Museum.

Headed through the forest Chase and friends encounter a few more trainers that keep distracting him from his mission. Chase is getting a little tried of this but battles them and defeats them all easily. He now feels he is getting close to finding the missing bones. Chase now reaches the end of the forest and sees one last grunt. He knows for sure that this is the grunt hat has the missing bones. He must defeat him in order to win them back. He does just that! Chase now has the stolen skull and with the help of his Pokemon has succeeded in this mission. This is a very happy moment for the young trainer. One of the seven Plasma sages appears and rants about how the skull isn't even important to them. Lenora and Burgh show up and are happy to see that everything ended well. Team Plasma now vanishes. Chase gives Lenora back her skull and to show her appreciation she gives Chase a rare and valuable Moon Stone. Chase thanks her and she leaves to head back to the Museum to put the skull back on display. Chase now decides to stop and take a rest before heading off to Castelia City to take on Burgh, the Bug Type Gym Leader.

Type Chart:
Spoiler:

The Team:
499.gif

Tom the Pignite
Lv 24
-Rollout
-Arm Thrust
-Ember
-Flame Charge
507.gif

Derk the Herdier