• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Raging Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2016
Updated beta, fixed a couple of problems on route 30 and changed the elemental punches back to their original typings.

Well, this is my first ever hack (that i'm releasing anyway) called Pokemon Raging Crystal.

The Basics
This is a hack that edits the original version of crystal so the trainer battles and wild pokemon are much harder, The overall landscape of Johto is altered to provide greater challange, some of the stats for pokemon are edited and a MUCH bigger variety of pokemon are able to be caught.

Pokemon Type Changes
Charizard - Fire and Dragon
Blastoise - Water and Rock
Butterfree - Bug and Psychic
Pidgeot - Pure Flying
Fearow - Pure Flying
Arbok - Poison and Dark
Golduck - Water and Psychic
Pinsir - Bug and Fighting
Typhlosion - Fire and Ground
Feraligatr - Water and Dark
Noctowl - Flying and Psychic
Tyranitar - Dark and Dragon Changed in the next release.

Attack Changes
Mega Punch/Kick are now fighting type.

Cut is now grass type.

Vicegrip now has a base power of 65.

Razor Wind now has a base power of 120 and is a flying type move.

Wing Attack now has a base power of 70.

Fly now has a base power of 80.

Fury Attack is now a bug type move and does 25 damage per hit.

Twinneedle now has a base power of 35.

Bite is now a normal type move.

Acid now has a base power of 50 and has a chance to poison the target.

Strength is now a fighting type move with a base power of 60 and has the
chance to raise all of your stats by one.

Mega Drain now has 15 PP.

Petal Dance now has a base power of 120.

Dig now has a base power of 85.

Comet Punch is now a fighting type move.

Bone Club now has a base power of 77.

Dizzy Punch is now a Fighting type move.

Crabhammer now has a base power of 100.

Outrage now has a base power of 120.

Giga Drain now has 10 PP.

Rapid Spin now has a base power of 60.

Rock Smash is now a Fighting Type move and,has a base power of 50 and has a chance to increase your attack.

Bugs and Glitches
So far, there are no known bugs. If you find any, please report them here.

Beta 1 ends after The Team Rocket takeover in Goldenrod. Next release will include The Elite 4 and Kanto.

Tools Used
TrnPkmn - ?
CrystalMap - ?
TradeEd GSC - Swampert
GSC Attack Editor - yomama
Poke Edit GSC - yomama
LunarIPS - FuSoYa

Screenshots And the IPS is attached.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2016
All Fire, Ice and Electric moves in gen 2 were special. It didn't make much sense to me that they were special moves so I changed them all to the Fighting type so they could be physical.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Hey great hack so far. I'm doing a Solo Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion Challenge on this but how do you get to Violet City. I can't get past where Mr. Pokemon's house is.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2016
Hey great hack so far. I'm doing a Solo Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion Challenge on this but how do you get to Violet City. I can't get past where Mr. Pokemon's house is.

There should be two paths on that route, one leads to the house and the other leads to the next route.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2016
Yeah I noticed that path but there's a ledge in the way and I don't see any way around it.

Ah, I see what's wrong. At the very tip top of the route there's a pretty well hidden opening that you can walk through.

Years
Is this game 100% playable? Can I progress all the way through to the final battle with Red?

Please don't revive threads whose latest post is older than one month; in this case, it has been nearly three years, so it's unlikely the OP will even see this post. Either way, this thread is going to be closed, so just contact myself or Christos, McNippleTheGreat, if you want it re-opening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back