• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
To add onto Zach's post, there's different size dimensions for different supporter ranks. It's 150x150 for silver, 180x180 for gold and crystal. I'm not sure about the platinum but I think theirs is 200x200.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Maximum avatar size for staff? My avatars keep appearing smaller than I like. According to the photobucket editor, my current one is 417x300. Pretty sure no one gets an avatar that size, but why does it appear so small on here?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Maximum avatar size for staff? My avatars keep appearing smaller than I like. According to the photobucket editor, my current one is 417x300. Pretty sure no one gets an avatar that size, but why does it appear so small on here?

What's happening is that, to fit the 180x180 limit you have, it's taking the biggest side and resizing it to 180 and scaling the shorter side down accordingly. Thus, 180x129.

A hacky way of making your avatar seem bigger if it's rectangular even though it's not any bigger is to crop it to be more square. Because it's rectangular you can't take advantage of the full 180x180 space.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
What's happening is that, to fit the 180x180 limit you have, it's taking the biggest side and resizing it to 180 and scaling the shorter side down accordingly. Thus, 180x129.

A hacky way of making your avatar seem bigger if it's rectangular even though it's not any bigger is to crop it to be more square. Because it's rectangular you can't take advantage of the full 180x180 space.
That seemed to be the problem. Squared it and it looks better now. Thanks!

Monophobia

Already Dead
Years
Just wandering where to post a thread to get some PC people together to play Minecraft? Obviously in the gaming section, but do I make a new thread or...?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Just wandering where to post a thread to get some PC people together to play Minecraft? Obviously in the gaming section, but do I make a new thread or...?

There's a Get Together Minecraft event you could participate in here! Other than that, I did a search and there doesn't seem to be a "permanent" thread anywhere on PC, so you could probably make one yourself :)

Years
so....What's happening to the post counts? I swear I lost close to 50 from last night to this morning. I looked around but didn't see a reason as to why.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Where do I post pokemon games?

If yours is still under-development, then a good place to start off would be Progressing Games. Later down the road, you could visit Games Development, and have it posted there. Before you do any of this, make sure to read all guidelines, just so you don't run into any issue. Hope this helps!

Also, if you're talking about ROM hacks, then there's a whole category for them right here.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
In Let's Fly Together [Legacy], the top part where it should say "Threads" and "Posts" is missing. It is something small and don't think it deserves a whole thread, but it bothers me a lot, haha.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
In Let's Fly Together [Legacy], the top part where it should say "Threads" and "Posts" is missing. It is something small and don't think it deserves a whole thread, but it bothers me a lot, haha.

Spoiler:

If you change your theme and change it back to Let's Fly Together [Legacy], does that fix it? Only asking because I just changed to that theme and "Threads" and "Posts" was there for me, so I don't know if that's just a personal issue for you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Omicron said:

elheroeoscuro said:
If you change your theme and change it back to Let's Fly Together [Legacy], does that fix it? Only asking because I just changed to that theme and "Threads" and "Posts" was there for me, so I don't know if that's just a personal issue for you.

Omicron was right--there were some coding errors in one of its templates. I've fixed them now, though, so hopefully, it should be all fine! Let me know if any of you still see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back