• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Favorite Character?

Years
Who is your all-time favorite character in any game?

Ghost from Modern Warfare 2 makes it for me. The way he spoke, his lines; all so good. And to top it off, his mask was uber nice.

About to get my copy of Farcry 3 from the store, and I can see that there might be some very interesting characters to encounter, I'm really looking forward to playing the game :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have so many favorite characters from every game, I can't seem to just choose one! Oh darn, I guess I'll have to. xD

Miranda Lawson from the Mass Effect trilogy would be my most favorite. She's so tough and innocent, you can't tell at first if she's an enemy or your ally. When I played ME2 for the first time I always had her come with my character during missions, because she was good!

TY

my fave is Mike Harper from Black Ops 2... he is such a badass person... Shame you have to kill him for the so called "best" ending for the game... So i just 'kill' Menendez and keep Harper alive... Harper seems also to be a great value in the last misson's last part, where if you kill him you are on your own...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
best-video-game-characters-john-marston-red-dead-redemption.jpg

I freaking LOVE John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. *u*

He's my favorite video game character of all time. Great story, great personality, from a great game, the whole nine yards.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I have two favorites, with the former edging out on the latter by a bit, but I still want to mention both. Incidentally, while both are from completely different developers and publishers, they both made their first appearance in a Smash game together with Brawl.

Wario_Pose.jpg

Wario
Don't let his usual butt-scratching attitude in Mario games fool you, Wario is much more than that and it's VERY evident in both his gaming series, Wario Land and Warioware. Although in typical Mario games, he's just a guy with gas coming out of his back, he's a completely charming, hilarious and lovable character in his own franchises. Most iconic heroes are bland compared to this greedy, irresponsible man, who does things his way and only for one thing - money. In the Wario land series, he only saves the day by total accident.

He's a completely fresh breath of air from your typical hero. Mario, Link, Kirby, Sonic? Boring. Wario is the real deal. I've yet to see a character so greedy and selfish with pride and ego to boot, yet so charming, clumsy, hilarious and in a sense, relateable. He just wants things for himself, who can blame him? He's not harming anybody!

230px-Mgs-solid-snake.jpg

Solid Snake

The epitome of BADASS. This dude is the personification of a high IQ killing machine. He's calculative, careful, intelligent with a strongly developed sense of justice to do what is right even if it means sacrifices, and he still thinks murdering is wrong regardless. Honestly it's all pretty self-explanatory.

Praisedscooter

Gym Leader wannabe
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2012
Luigi, best. character. ever!

outside of that, I really like Garet from the Golden Sun. Loyal to the end, though his mouth does tend to write checks his butt can't cash.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, what can I say? Bubblun has been my all time favorite character since I was 2-3. But, Penta Penguin from Crash Bandicoot (because I loved playing as him in CTR) comes in a very close second. If I had to choose a third, it's probably Mario (I can do his voice quite well :D )

wilso

Grass Master
Years
number 1 would be boshi because hes just a yoshi that looks beast >.<
2 would be dk (love him in mario superstar baseball ^.^)
and 3 maybe pokemon specifically honchkrow

Years
Hard to say myself, but I think I agree with Spinosaurus in saying the fat, greedy treasure hunter is my favourite as well. Though if I have to come up with my own, I would say Clive from Little Big Planet 2.

I'm going to say this right off the bat, the characters in the original LBP was god-awful. Had no personality, most (if not all) had hardly any plot relevance, and they were easily forgettable. I think this was though to the fact the game had next to no story. I think by the time they were making the last world, they forgot to make an antagonist and main conflict. So they just came up with one, tried to make buildup, and failed amazingly.

LBP2 on the other hand had great characters rich with personality, and a somewhat good story to go along with it (not to mention better ending). Clive is one of these characters. He is a walking talking calender that used to run a calender factory. When the main antagonist comes around and destroys the factory, he goes in a major depression about his loss. He is the depressed character throughout the adventure, and this personality trait can give him plenty of funny lines. Also, there is some sort of shipping going around between him and another character named Eve. I don't get it, but shippers can ship.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
In terms of looks, I really liked how Cloud Strife looked in the first kingdom hearts. Picking a favorite character in general is a little more tricky. I'd say...I guess Cloud wins again, since I can't think of anyone else.

Years
Vaas-Montenegro-Far-Cry-3.jpg

Vaas Montenegro. What a beauty.

The cold-hearted Vaas has got to be one of my all time favorites. His style, his speech, it's all amazing; plus he says one of my favorite quotes: Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? FarCry 3 without him would be a lot less than it is now, he makes the game what it is. His accent is incredibly amazing and just tops off his character. He is massively brave, a real man, and insane. Vaas is a very strong character that gives the game a meaning, he is very intimidating and loves to see others suffer. He will do anything to make sure he is known to everyone who is on the island, he makes sure no one will even try to mess with him. Even though he is the antagonist, I love him more than anyone in the game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I know who many of you are expecting me to say regarding this question. Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and say it.

Waluigi.

This dude wears purple, has a thin pointy mustache (the only style of mustache I find attractive) and when he speaks? Absolutely hilarious. Waluigi is pure comedy gold xD Plus he's a crafty character who likes to stir up a bit of trouble now and then...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Oh wow, that's hard to say. I've seen so many lovable characters in the games I've played, it's hard to choose between them. One thing most of them have in common though, seems to be that most of them are kind of comic relief characters, two of the ones on top being Wheatley from Portal 2 and Claptrap from the Borderlands series. While it's hard to say with Claptrap, Wheatley is obviously not aware of how hilarious he turns out to be, and it appears as though most of what he does and says that brings the most amusement, is when he's trying his hardest to be "helpful" :p He's so insanely stupid, and it really adds to making him one of my overall favourite characters. Claptrap is in the same boat with being mainly because he's hilarious, however with Claptrap there appears to be a lot of sarcasm involved, which would indicate that he's being funny in purpose, which doesn't really changem uch actually, since his character is still one of the most hilarious I've yet to see in video gaming. He does seem to be rather stupid as well though lol.

My favourite would probably be Midna from LoZ: Twilight Princess though. Her personality really added a lot to the game, and just her presence was enough to make the game feel completely different. I felt like having a companioin actually meant something, because unlike with Navi's "HEY!!! LISTEN!!!" I was actually interested whenever she brought something up. May have been her various hints of sarcasm and teasing of Link, but her character really added to the game, and I felt like it meant much. TP would definitely not have been the same without her, which can't be said for many other LoZ companions :p

Pinta77

This is such a good question. Similar to Spinosaurus, I have more then one answer.
Pianta.jpg

Pianta
Ever since I found out you could bounce on and squirt the Piantas in "Super Mario Sunshine" to irritate them to no end, I fell in love with Piantas =)

Travis_Touchdown.png

Travis Touchdown
Dang, this guy is insane. In the game "No More Heroes", Travis goes on killing sprees in order to rank up (Not sure why). The fact that this character can kill people for kicks and giggles and then proceed to live a normal life leaves me in awe... and earns him a spot as one of my favorite characters.

140px-Colosseum_Wes_3D.png

and finally...
Wes
The coolest Pokemon trainer EVER! Wes is the protagonist in one of the most exciting pokemon games ever! Right off the bat, "Pokemon Colosseum" starts off with an explosion, followed by a quick get away, followed by another explosion!

Back