• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I notice whenever I play the Doom GBA rom it always looks blurry. How do I fix this?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
In my game, the last slot of Box 2 is a bad egg. Even at the start of the game when you look at the PC the last slot of box 2 is a bad egg. What is going on? Is it fixable? Can I just ignore it?

I am having the same issue... Does anyone know if this is fixable or what could've caused it?

Have you already edited the ROM? I've learned that changing the vars above 0x40FF can create bad eggs.

If you haven't modified the ROM yet, you may have just downloaded a bad ROM. Try redownloading from another site and see if it is still there?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Have you already edited the ROM? I've learned that changing the vars above 0x40FF can create bad eggs.

If you haven't modified the ROM yet, you may have just downloaded a bad ROM. Try redownloading from another site and see if it is still there?

I have edited the crap out of this rom. The clean unmodified version of this rom does not have this problem. Is there a list of variable ranges to avoid? I have used variables above 40FF.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I'm so sick of these tedious little bugs coming up.

I am using tileset 23 for Tileset 1 and tileset 24 for Tileset 2 for my pokemon ruby rom.
I have changed Palettes 0-6 to new palettes using AdvanceMap 1.92 since AdvanceMap 1.95 doesn't let you change the palettes at all if you put anything in Tileset 1 rather than tileset 0. So I spend like over 12 hours doing this new map and inserting a bunch of tiles into two custom tilesets and successfully changed the palettes and they look amazing. It's going to be a great map I say.
Then I open up the rom cus something was itching me to check.. and when I got to the city of course the blocks were all changed in tiles and colors... open up advancemap 1.95 and view the map.. all blocks still there but palettes messed up. It's only in 1.92 that everything looks fine and dandy. Talked to a fellow rom hacker and got this piece of advice

"Just copy and paste the raw data and throw some pointers around then reset the palette number in the tile editor tedious but easy"

Except I'm not exactly sure what he's saying and I don't know how to do that. EEEEEEK

If someone could me not lose 12+ hours of work it'd be nice! thanks in advance

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I'm so sick of these tedious little bugs coming up.

I am using tileset 23 for Tileset 1 and tileset 24 for Tileset 2 for my pokemon ruby rom.
I have changed Palettes 0-6 to new palettes using AdvanceMap 1.92 since AdvanceMap 1.95 doesn't let you change the palettes at all if you put anything in Tileset 1 rather than tileset 0. So I spend like over 12 hours doing this new map and inserting a bunch of tiles into two custom tilesets and successfully changed the palettes and they look amazing. It's going to be a great map I say.
Then I open up the rom cus something was itching me to check.. and when I got to the city of course the blocks were all changed in tiles and colors... open up advancemap 1.95 and view the map.. all blocks still there but palettes messed up. It's only in 1.92 that everything looks fine and dandy. Talked to a fellow rom hacker and got this piece of advice

"Just copy and paste the raw data and throw some pointers around then reset the palette number in the tile editor tedious but easy"

Except I'm not exactly sure what he's saying and I don't know how to do that. EEEEEEK

If someone could me not lose 12+ hours of work it'd be nice! thanks in advance

Why do you care what it looks like in a buggy version of A-Map? Like seriously? That sounds like an A-Map bug to me, not an issue with the way you are doing things.

I notice whenever I play the Doom GBA rom it always looks blurry. How do I fix this?

Change the filters in the options menu.

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Why do you care what it looks like in a buggy version of A-Map? Like seriously? That sounds like an A-Map bug to me, not an issue with the way you are doing things.

No I'll show you with images what I'm talking about.

I'm using AdvanceMap 1.92 for this map.

Here is the screenshot of what it looks like in the program:

Spoiler:

and here is what it looks like in the game:

Spoiler:

im saying that i know in advancemap 1.95 that it won't let you change palettes if you use anything else for tileset 1 besides tileset 0 and maybe somehow thats linked with why it isn't working in game? cus 1.92 and right now it looks like how i wanted. just not in game.

karatekid552

Years
No I'll show you with images what I'm talking about.

I'm using AdvanceMap 1.92 for this map.

Here is the screenshot of what it looks like in the program:

Spoiler:

and here is what it looks like in the game:

Spoiler:

im saying that i know in advancemap 1.95 that it won't let you change palettes if you use anything else for tileset 1 besides tileset 0 and maybe somehow thats linked with why it isn't working in game? cus 1.92 and right now it looks like how i wanted. just not in game.

OHHHH. I got you. Hmmm, seems kind of like the pointers aren't synced up. What I want you to do, is find the pointer it is loading for the palette in game using the palette viewer and APE. Then, search for it in the rom. Find it, write down it's location(IMPORTANTE), change it, load the map in both versions, and share the results.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347 is good documentation. Vars above 0x40FF are generally unsafe.

That was very helpful, however, for testing purposes I edited the warp out of the players room to lead to a Pokemon Center. When I look at the box it already has a bad egg in it. I changed the variable numbers, so that isn't the problem. This bad egg exists before a pokemon is even given... it exists before the player leaves his/her house.

karatekid552

Years
That was very helpful, however, for testing purposes I edited the warp out of the players room to lead to a Pokemon Center. When I look at the box it already has a bad egg in it. I changed the variable numbers, so that isn't the problem. This bad egg exists before a pokemon is even given... it exists before the player leaves his/her house.

Oh boy, that means that something is copying data into the PC boxes when it shouldn't be. Most likely, there is a bad dma pointer. So, when you say "I have edited the crap out of this rom." What do you mean? What tools did you use, how did you deal with data, did you attempt any ASM or Hex editing?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Oh boy, that means that something is copying data into the PC boxes when it shouldn't be. Most likely, there is a bad dma pointer. So, when you say "I have edited the crap out of this rom." What do you mean? What tools did you use, how did you deal with data, did you attempt any ASM or Hex editing?

Well, I used jpan's firered hack, Advanced Map 1.95 and 1.92, advance trainer, icon editor, item manager, M4A build in Assembler (music assembly program), NSE, Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition, UNLZGBA, XSE. I use hex workshop. I have used a couple of Jpan's fixes, the run indoors, and one that I can't remember... but it is on the same page as the running indoors one.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi. Can someone tell me how to fix my problem;
When I save my map and inserted it on other maps, I can't run or use bike.
I tried change it to route/city/caves but I still can't. The game knows that
the map is in a inside house. I tried changing the codes to run indoors, but
regardless because I can't use bike. How do I fix this? That's right.

We had the same problem.
How come I can't ride bike in maps that was inserted? Even when I set the Type in Advance Map as "Route"?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
How do I insert or edit a sprite? I know this question was probably already asked but I could not find how to get to the answered questions blog. I'm sorry if this is spamming you and I understand if you don't want to answer and delete this comment :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
How do I insert or edit a sprite? I know this question was probably already asked but I could not find how to get to the answered questions blog. I'm sorry if this is spamming you and I understand if you don't want to answer and delete this comment :)

Insert sprite using the programs like NSE/UNZL-GBA/Pokepic or any sprite editor for roms.
Editing the sprite using image editors like Paint or Photoshop. There are different kind
of sprites like OW's for the small npc's. Sprites for Pokemon is battle, trainers, etc..
As for my question above. Please answer it :(

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
How do I make PokeMart catalogs display prices with more than 4 digits? I could've swore that I saw a post on how to do this, but I can't seem to find it.

For reference, if an item costs more than $9999, its price is displayed as $????.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
How can i show the nature of a wild pokemon during the battle, for example below the hp bar, is this possible?? maybe with ASM?? has somebody done this before? please help!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi, I wanna know how did this happen?
fnu0xw.jpg

On the first screeny, I thought only one picture can be show at a time?
Is that because of ASM to make it possible? I've asked before but I think
the answer I got is only one picture can be shown on a pokepic command.

Le pug

Years
Hi, I wanna know how did this happen?
fnu0xw.jpg

On the first screeny, I thought only one picture can be show at a time?
Is that because of ASM to make it possible? I've asked before but I think
the answer I got is only one picture can be shown on a pokepic command.

Can't you just do the showpokepic command and just have it at the left coordinates then do another showpokepic command right after for the other coordinates and then a hidepokepic (or x2) would close both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back