• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
LOL! i got an idea for an RP about a high school with monsters that have to learn to act like a human so they can live in the human world, they have human forms but can always change back to their real forms, however, the school is about learning how to be a human and ofcourse they get to learn everything a normal human learns too.

would anyone join that RP? :3

That reminded me of something... this is somewhat similar to X-Men and Being Human, and a RP based around Being Human does somewhat appeal to me. But that's not it, I think I've seen something like this before, not a RP, but yeah I think a book.

I wonder what exactly you mean by monsters here though? Like, Werewolves, Vampires, etc.? Or something else?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Deepimpact- yes, with monsters i mean, vampires, witches, werewolves, scubbucus, kyuubi's (no not from naruto) madusa's etc. :3

I thought maybe it would be fun to begin an RP like that ^^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm seeing a lot of these "Stuck in a video game" RPs lately d:

Sorry then. The idea of creating an avatar to play as is appealing to me :3 that way, not everything has to make sense in the strict way as it should if you play as... well, as your real character.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
LOL! i got an idea for an RP about a high school with monsters that have to learn to act like a human so they can live in the human world, they have human forms but can always change back to their real forms, however, the school is about learning how to be a human and ofcourse they get to learn everything a normal human learns too.

would anyone join that RP? :3
That sounds kinds like an inverted Disgaea 3.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Hello guys, I see there are a lot of people talking about their roleplay, and as nobody has posted in mine yet, I thought I'd bring it up here.
This is my first roleplay!
So, if you are looking for a new one to join, heree's your opertunity.
I do have some grammatical errors and stuff, but well.
Nobody is perfect!
The roleplay is called tanica chronicles.
Basically, well, basically--.
I honestly think it would be hard to give a summory here.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Machomuu- i'm sorry, i don't know what inverted disgaea 3 is ^^;;; Deepimpact said too it reminded him of something, actually, it reminds me of something too xD an anime :3 but i stopped watching it after episode 3 :p but i still think it would be an awesome idea xD i could call it "yokai academy" or "yokai highschool."

Yokai means monster in japanese (tell me if it has another meaning too zerin, i'm sure it means something else too but i cant think of it right now)

Yokai acedemy, where yokai's are being trained for a life in the human world, yokai coexisting with humans :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Machomuu- i'm sorry, i don't know what inverted disgaea 3 is ^^;;; Deepimpact said too it reminded him of something, actually, it reminds me of something too xD an anime :3 but i stopped watching it after episode 3 :p but i still think it would be an awesome idea xD i could call it "yokai academy" or "yokai highschool."

Yokai means monster in japanese (tell me if it has another meaning too zerin, i'm sure it means something else too but i cant think of it right now)

Yokai acedemy, where yokai's are being trained for a life in the human world, yokai coexisting with humans :)
This is Disgaea 3. Basically, it's a game where you play as a demon named Mao who attends a Demon Academy. Therefore, an inverted version would be Demons attending a human highschool, or in this case, Demons attending a Highschool to coexist with Humans.

Though I do know which you're referring to, I remember watching part of it and seeing him arrive and Yokai Academy and still not get the hint that maybe this isn't a normal school, while anyone who's played Touhou or knows Japanese would facepalm at his stupidity- or rather, his aloofness. But I will say that a Youkai can encompass several things other than monsters, it really just means an "unordinary creature".

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

よかい

Ghosts, Demons, Monsters, the whole bunch.

Also, under certain Kanji, it can also mean melting or liquifying, oddly enough.

MINECRAFT RP!!

I just can't get over the awesomeness.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
If you think a minecraft RP would be so great, make one already.

That academy RP sounds pretty interesting, but it'd need a good plot to catch my interest, and not rely on character interaction to keep it going.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Grayscale- don't worry :) i was already planning on making a good plot, to tell the truth, it's hard for me too to RP in an RP with no plot ^^

Machomuu- hmmm :3 i think this anime is called rosary+vampire xD if some people know this anime i'm sure they know now why i stopped watching, and now i know what i wrote wrong xD it's "youkai" and not "yokai" like how i wrote it first

Zerin- i knew there were alot more meanings :I thanks ^^

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Machomuu- hmmm :3 i think this anime is called rosary+vampire xD if some people know this anime i'm sure they know now why i stopped watching, and now i know what i wrote wrong xD it's "youkai" and not "yokai" like how i wrote it first
Actually, you're not wrong. Youkai can be spelled as either "Youkai" or "Yokai", they're both correct. A lot of Japanese words can be translated with or without "u"s when followed by an "o" (like the name Kyo when translated from kana can be spelled as either "Kyo" or "Kyou"), it's a matter of preference since they're pronounced the same way regardless.

Also, to be honest, if someone were to make a Youkai Academy RP I would definitely consider joining, youkai are very interesting, and if the RP is structured right it could be pretty awesome.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
@PinkSapphire, Rosario+Vampire is exactly what you got the idea from, since that's kind of the main setting of the series, and fairly core to the plot of the first season. I wouldn't mind seeing this kind of thing, as long as it's not related to the series, or has a human in it for some reason (as with the exception of the main male character of R+V, humans are killed once they find out about the Academy).

よかい

Ghosts, Demons, Monsters, the whole bunch.

Also, under certain Kanji, it can also mean melting or liquifying, oddly enough.

Well, the appropriate Kanji is 妖怪 (ようかい/youkai), to be clear on that. Transcribing specifically よかい to Kanji relates it to "四回/shikai". (This is probably because "yo" shares a Kanji character with "shi", as "妖" is one Kanji character using "you".) While words may sound similar or even exactly the same, in writing things have to be taken more cautiously (though romanizations don't exactly follow this). Anyways, I'm rambling and I don't think people want to hear a lecture on Japanese, so onto my next thing.

MINECRAFT RP!!

I just can't get over the awesomeness.

If there's something interesting to the plot (since, which has been said before, the "trapped in a game" thing has been pretty popular recently, and therefore it'll be difficult to play out with this), it might succeed. If it's something the actual game offers, it'll just be more fun to play the game.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Sorry then. The idea of creating an avatar to play as is appealing to me :3 that way, not everything has to make sense in the strict way as it should if you play as... well, as your real character.

Well, I wasn't exactly complaining about it, though I have to say, if this becomes a trend it'll end up getting annoying pretty soon and eventually all RPs with this theme can actually die. :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
And here I am to announce that there are now TWO open spots in Arcanum. One with Eevee as starter and one with Vaporeon as starter. Both will have Zekrom as guardian.

Please don't get intimidated by the long posts or some belief that RHCP won't accept newbies or something like that :( As long as you like to write and want to participate in a journey RP, I'll gladly have you signing up :3 Hope that someone thinks it looks worth a shot.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
If there's something interesting to the plot (since, which has been said before, the "trapped in a game" thing has been pretty popular recently, and therefore it'll be difficult to play out with this), it might succeed. If it's something the actual game offers, it'll just be more fun to play the game.

Don't worry, there will be many a plot twist in this story.

The monsters will be more deadly, instead of acting like AI, they will act realistically as they should.

As mentioned earlier, Herobrine will make some appearances.

The entire plot will be more twisted than an M. Night Shyamalan film.

More will be explained when I make the OOC/Sign-Up Thread.

EDIT:

I HAVE UPLOADED THE MINECRAFT OOC!

As soon as Skymin checks it, it'll be up for reserves and sign-ups.

I actually have a lot more planned for this, but I shan't tell anyone, lest the surprise I taketh away.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I can't believe I miss one day & so much passed by. I wish I knew what we were discussing...

Hey, I know!

How much trouble do you have getting on PC?

& Zerin, I hope we can continue working on our soon-to-be RP.

Sapphire Rose

Years
How much trouble do you have getting on PC?

ALOT, since the two of us talk alot you might know why...
there are personal reasons why i sometimes have real troubles to get on.

@shinydiamond- well... i was asking people if they would join if i would make an RP with a youkai acedemy :3 high school for monsters~ they learn there to coexist with humans ^^

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Wow! It's been a while since i posted here and from what i'm seeing, i've missed quite a lot. (FEW!! Exams over, VACATIONS UP!!! YAHOOO MAMA!!!). So how about i get 'interacting'....*rubbing both hand with each other along with a smiling troll face*

Youkai Academy RP: I sincerely have no idea what you guys are talking about....

Minecraft RP: You should make this, i bet lots of people would join....

@Everyone: Guys, i wanted to ask if anyone has heard about the anime 'Tears of Tiara'?? I've watched a few episodes and it's cool (im lying,.... it FREAKING cool).. So has anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back