• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rate my team

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
here is the team ive been using for a while. its pretty good but i can tell it needs improving

Ferrothorn
item- focus sash
EVs- 52 HP/ 56 ATT/ 200 DEF/ 200 SP. DEF
trait- iron barb
nature- adamant
-stealth rock
-seed bomb
-iron head
-explosion

Gliscor
item- toxic orb
EVs- 188 ATT/ 56 DEF/ 252 SP. DEF
trait- poison heal
nature- =ferro
-uturn
-earthquake
-swords dance
protect

Dragonite
item- life orb
EVs- 60 HP/ 252 ATT/ 116 DEF/ 76 SP. DEF/ 4 SPEED
trait- multiscale
nature- =ferro
-dragon claw
-fire punch
-roost
-dragon dance

Nidoking
item- life orb
EVs- 80 HP/ 80 DEF/ 252 SP. ATT/ 96 SP. DEF
trait- sheer force
nature- modest
-flamethrower
-ice beam
-t-bolt
-earth power

Vaporeon
item- rocky helmet
EVs- 4 HP/ 132 DEF/ 252 SP. ATT/ 120 SP. DEF
trait- hydration
nature- =nidoking
-scald
-toxic
-ice beam
-protect

Porygon-Z
item- specs
EVs- 252 SP, ATT/ 252 SPEED
trait- download
nature- =nidoking
-tri-attack
-ice beam
-t-bolt
-dark pulse

i wont go into too much detail about there roles, im sure you can guess that.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Cool, ur not bad! However, I have higher level Pokemon. I suggest to train everyday in Nibasa's 2 sports arena. They have a lot of strong trainers there and I leveled up most of my Pokemon to lv 100 after a month! Hope this information was useful! P.S: Youre Pokemon team are actually a good combo, and some have good moves. I like it!

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
im actually on PO so theyre all LV 100

Cool, ur not bad! However, I have higher level Pokemon. I suggest to train everyday in Nibasa's 2 sports arena. They have a lot of strong trainers there and I leveled up most of my Pokemon to lv 100 after a month! Hope this information was useful! P.S: Youre Pokemon team are actually a good combo, and some have good moves. I like it!

sorry i forgot to mention. im actually using PO so they are lv 100.

and i do that all the time in game, its just a good place to train.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ferrothorn has a very good support movepool, and you're not making the most of it. Plus, it doesn't need Focus Sash, since it's incredibly bulky. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are better STABs for Ferrothorn to use. Explosion also got nerfed in Gen V, which means it no longer halves Defense before it hits:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Gliscor should be making the most out of its high Defense and annoying support moves:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade
-Taunt/Protect
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Taunt/Ice Fang/Facade

or
-Substitute
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Taunt/Toxic/Ice Fang

It seems to me that you're using Dragonite's bulky DD set. Use this spread for more bulk, and more initial Speed: 252 HP/44 Atk/212 Spe.

Nidoking is the offensive kind of Pokemon. Investing in its defenses is a waste of time. Use the EV spread of 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe.

Vaporeon is already specially bulky enough, so use a Bold nature and the EV spread of 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef to help it take physical hits.

Porygon-Z is seriously wrecked by Conkeldurr's Mach Punch and Scizor's Bullet Punch. You're better off using Porygon2, who's very bulky with Eviolite:
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 SDef
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Trace

Years
I can help invest in a moveset for Nidoking since everything else has been covered.

Try this one:

Choice Scarf Set
Modest / Timid nature
Choice Scarf
Sheer Force (Requires Dream World)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave / Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Earth Power and Sludge Wave serve for STAB, try Fire Blast in place of Sludge Wave if you like.

Ice Beam helps you deal with Dragon-types and Shadow Ball can help counter Psychic-types that would otherwise have an advantage.

Years
I' say change Dnite to fully offensive sth like this:
Dragonite (Multiscale)
EVs 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Item Leftovers/Lum Berry
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw
~ Fire Punch
~ ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake / Roost

And Changing Vaporeon to support with wish
Vaporeon(Water Absorb)
Item Leftovers
Nature Bold
EVs 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Scald
~ Roar / Ice Beam / Toxic

So he can wall nicely, Pass large amount of hp with wish
Protect for scouting and make sure vaporeon will get his own wish
Stab with Scald and 30%burn, You will decide for the last slot what you need more!

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
Ferrothorn has a very good support movepool, and you're not making the most of it. Plus, it doesn't need Focus Sash, since it's incredibly bulky. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are better STABs for Ferrothorn to use. Explosion also got nerfed in Gen V, which means it no longer halves Defense before it hits:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Gliscor should be making the most out of its high Defense and annoying support moves:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade
-Taunt/Protect

or
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Taunt/Ice Fang/Facade

or
-Substitute
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Taunt/Toxic/Ice Fang

It seems to me that you're using Dragonite's bulky DD set. Use this spread for more bulk, and more initial Speed: 252 HP/44 Atk/212 Spe.

Nidoking is the offensive kind of Pokemon. Investing in its defenses is a waste of time. Use the EV spread of 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe.

Vaporeon is already specially bulky enough, so use a Bold nature and the EV spread of 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef to help it take physical hits.

Porygon-Z is seriously wrecked by Conkeldurr's Mach Punch and Scizor's Bullet Punch. You're better off using Porygon2, who's very bulky with Eviolite:
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 SDef
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Trace

the reason i have focus sash is to stop fire moves from wrecking ferro.
and the real purpose of this ferro set is to set up rocks, not to do damage, so power whip probably wont help. but i do think gyro ball is a better STAB than iron head.

ill try the third Gliscor set, it looks pretty good.

and for dnite i will up HP EVs. at the time i desined it i guess i just wasnt thinking.

as for vapreon ill mess with the EVs and see what happens.

for porygonz i really just used it as a filler. im thinking about swithing it with something like bulky mew. any suggestions?

and thanks everyone else who posted something. its really appriceated.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
the reason i have focus sash is to stop fire moves from wrecking ferro.
and the real purpose of this ferro set is to set up rocks, not to do damage, so power whip probably wont help. but i do think gyro ball is a better STAB than iron head.

Probably wise not to switch it into fire attacks though and let it set up at another point in the battle considering there's a 4x weakness to fire anyways. :x If you wanted something which has a "focus sash" that can set up Stealth Rock then you're probably better off with Forretress tbh (since you only want Ferro to set up SR), plus then you have a spinner in it too.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years

Probably wise not to switch it into fire attacks though and let it set up at another point in the battle considering there's a 4x weakness to fire anyways. :x If you wanted something which has a "focus sash" that can set up Stealth Rock then you're probably better off with Forretress tbh (since you only want Ferro to set up SR), plus then you have a spinner in it too.

i actually lead with this ferrothorn. and forretress can carry sturdy so sashing it would be a waste of time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i actually lead with this ferrothorn. and forretress can carry sturdy so sashing it would be a waste of time.

No I meant forry could also lead and that there's no need for sash because of sturdy, making it easier for you :x

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years

No I meant forry could also lead and that there's no need for sash because of sturdy, making it easier for you :x

good point, ill try it and see if it works.

tried the forry, it fail horribly.

NOTE: can everyone PLEASE STOP commenting on ferro, ijust use him to get up rocks.

also, im thinking of replacing porygon-z for a mew set that has bulk but can do some damage. suggestions?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you're using only Ferrothorn for getting SR up, then you're doing it wrong. It's meant to use its high defenses to get hazards up, sponge resisted hits, attacking when possible and basically lasting as long as it can in battle. Making it set up Stealth Rock then Exploding kills that purpose.

If the sole purpose of a Pokemon is to get hazards, up, then you should be using a suicide lead. They're fast enough to get hazards up and hit hard before they get KO'd. A good example is Azelf, who hits harder than Ferrothorn does:
-Stealth Rock
-U-turn
-Explosion
-Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/Fire Blast
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash

In other words (when using this Azelf): set up Stealth Rock, then U-turn or Explode when appropriate

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
If you're using only Ferrothorn for getting SR up, then you're doing it wrong. It's meant to use its high defenses to get hazards up, sponge resisted hits, attacking when possible and basically lasting as long as it can in battle. Making it set up Stealth Rock then Exploding kills that purpose.

If the sole purpose of a Pokemon is to get hazards, up, then you should be using a suicide lead. They're fast enough to get hazards up and hit hard before they get KO'd. A good example is Azelf, who hits harder than Ferrothorn does:
-Stealth Rock
-U-turn
-Explosion
-Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/Fire Blast
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash

In other words (when using this Azelf): set up Stealth Rock, then U-turn or Explode when appropriate

i actually have tried this azelf set once, but i had trouble using it. still ill try it again and see what happens. but i find that ferro helps when facing bulky waters like politoad.

and i usually dont get 2 turns with ferro still alive, so i rarely use explosion. id replace it with spikes if i knew ferro could actually live a fire/fighting move.

once again i ask that people STOP posting improvements/replacements for ferro. to be honest im just sick of hearing about it.

also, im now using the mew set i mention earlier.

Mew lv. 100
item- wise glasses
EVs- 56 HP/ 176 DEF/ 60 SP. ATT/ 176 SP. DEF
trait synchronize
nature- modest
-psychic
-aura sphere
-nasty plot
-softboiled

tell me what you think of my sorta bulky mew set

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hm...that Mew set is pretty creative. Just so Mew has more balanced bulk and power, change the EV spread to 224 HP/252 SAtk/32 Spe. This spread allows Mew to hit as hard as it can, while outspeeding max Speed Tyranitar and taking hits easily.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
Hm...that Mew set is pretty creative. Just so Mew has more balanced bulk and power, change the EV spread to 224 HP/252 SAtk/32 Spe. This spread allows Mew to hit as hard as it can, while outspeeding max Speed Tyranitar and taking hits easily.

ill play with the EV spread a little and see if it works in my team, but for the most part this mew kicks some serious ass when given the oppertunity.

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
I see this post and realize you could ban me, BUT...... if Ferrothorn is set up for Entry Hazards, then maybe also try getting Spikes on there. If what you said is true that it usually doesn't survive the first 2 turns, then getting Spikes + Stealth Rock should in theory wreak most pokemon that are weak to them. However, that's all I'm saying there. Now, as for Gliscor (which in turn leads to my last idea for your team), get rid of Protect. Poison Heal Gliscor + Toxic Orb usually ends up with very dire circumstances for your opponent, and it's hard to kill even with Hail + Blizzard (at least ones I've fought anyway).

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
angel its fine. i just didnt want every post to be about ferro, its okay to go back to him once and a while. also im not really sure about replacing protect because i got facade over sub because i never seem to keep it up. and prtecthelps me recover with gliscor, using poison heal.

NOTE- this gliscor set survived a surf from latios at less than half health. HOW DOES THAT @$%& HAPPEN?!

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
Alright, cool. I also realize that Spikes is an Egg Move, so that'd be too much work there. :P

And GOOD GOD HOW?!?!?! 0_o (This is what I mean by how strong, and broken, they are.) Something with THAT much bulk and recovery needs to be banned or something. But until then, if you feel you need Protect, keep it. In the end, it's your deal man. It's not like there is a BEST pokemon or Trainer out there, just people who have skills. :P

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
Alright, cool. I also realize that Spikes is an Egg Move, so that'd be too much work there. :P

And GOOD GOD HOW?!?!?! 0_o (This is what I mean by how strong, and broken, they are.) Something with THAT much bulk and recovery needs to be banned or something. But until then, if you feel you need Protect, keep it. In the end, it's your deal man. It's not like there is a BEST pokemon or Trainer out there, just people who have skills. :P

im, as i already mentioned, using pokemon online so making changes isnt too hard.

and i know that the only thing we can do is improve at pokemon, thats why i made this tread.

NOTE- looking at my team i think i need to replace nido or something with a grass type. thinking leafeon but im open to any and all suggestions for a replacement. (no ubers obviously, but i feel i have to say it.)

ive also replaced ferro for the following azelf set

Azelf lv.100
item- focus sash
EVs- max att/speed, 4 DEF
trait- levitate
nature- jolly
-stealth rock
-uturn
-explosion
-thunderpunch

i decided to use t-punch to cover up my teams water weakness. that and most people dont expect azelf to spam it.

i havent gotten any new replies in a while so i figured id post an updated team list

Azelf lv.100
item- focus sash
EVs- max att/speed, 4 DEF
trait- levitate
nature- jolly
-stealth rock
-uturn
-explosion
-thunderpunch

this azelf is pretty good, basic set, but with t-punch to get rid of water types

Gliscor lv 100
item- toxic orb
EVs- 156 hp/ 52 att/ 184 def/ 116 spd
trait- poison heal
-facade
-earthquake
-ice fang
-protect

a huge threat to pokes like blissey, 140 base power facade for high damage. eq for STAB. and ice fang to help cover d-nite.

Dragonite lv. 100
item- same
EVs- 196 hp/ 60 att/ 252 spd
trait- same
- moveset same

my main sweeper. sets up with DD. roosts away damage, then d-claws everything. fire punch for coverage.

Nidoking
item- life orb
EVs- 28 hp/ 252 sp att/ 228 spd
trait- sheer force
nature- modest
-flamethrower
-ice beam
-t-bolt
-earth power

special attacker,usually used to resist grass pokes that switch in on vaproeon

Vaporeon
item- rocky helmet
EVs- 200 hp/ 252 def/ 56 sp def
trait- water absorb
nature- bold
-scald
-wish
-ice beam
-protect

switch it in to stop pokes like heatran. scald is obvious. item to hurt anyone who tries to take advantage of its "low" def stat.

Mew lv. 100
item- wise glasses
EVs- 56 HP/ 176 DEF/ 60 SP. ATT/ 176 SP. DEF
trait synchronize
nature- modest
-psychic
-aura sphere
-nasty plot
-softboiled

i havent messed with this guy in a while. anyway, psychic for STAB. aura sphere to hit dark types. nasty plot to set up. and softboiled to recover as needed.

any tips are always welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
That Gliscor set isn't using its bulk well. This EV spread gives it more bulk on the physical end: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe. That way, it outspeed Breloom while still having a high Defense. And just so you know, Gliscor isn't really meant to tear through teams; it's more of a support Pokemon, so I'd use Toxic over Ice Fang or Facade.

Use Psyshock over Psychic on Mew so that it can hit Chansey and Blissey on their weaker defensive stat. Also, change the EV spread to 224 HP/252 SAtk/32 Spe; that way, it can hit harder right off the bat, have enough Speed to outspeed Tyranitar and have more general all-around bulk. Use Life Orb as the item; Mew can always heal off the recoil with Softboiled, and Wise Glasses doesn't provide enough of a boost.

On Vaporeon, move 48 Special Defense EVs to its HP. Change the item to Leftovers.

And I've been wondering: where do you get your EV spreads from?

Back