Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets
Reload this Page Hey! I need some help on my team!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Old April 19th, 2011 (05:19 PM).

Hello! I am new to the whole online battling scene and I want some help on my team. Although I have never done any online battles, I know most of the basics like walls, special/physical sweepers, ect. I made a team on what I thought would work out good...but I am not sure. My friend has made suggestions and helped me but I have a feeling he is telling me bad stuff so he can beat me when we battle haha. Ok here is my team.

Shiny Umbreon (All-Around Wall/Staller)
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP, 108 Def, 150 Sp Def.
Moonlight
Crunch
Confuse Ray
Curse

Magnezone (Physical Wall)
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp Atk, 4 HP.
Reflect
Light Screen
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt

Skarmory (Most likely my lead)
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 Def ,252 Sp Def, 4 HP
Spikes
Toxic
Whirlwind
Roost

Starmie (Special Sweeper)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt/Rapid Spin
Psychic

Chandelure (hm..As I type this I realized I have two special sweepers :/)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
(Blank)

Dragonite/Salamance/Garchomp (I know I want a dragon, just not sure on which. If you have a suggestion about which please tell me along with EVs, Moveset, and Nature)

And that is my team. I am open to all constructive criticism so if my team sucks, tell me! If you think I should switch something out, tell me! BUT! No matter what I'm keeping shiny umbreon in my team. He is my favorite pokemon and I searched for about a month for a shiny eevee with a decent nature. I would prefer not to switch out Starmie as well since I already EV trained a Staryu, but nothing else. I would really appreciate some help on this, I REALLY need to beat my friend So thanks in advance!
Old April 19th, 2011 (08:18 PM).
provider of cake
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
This team would be better rated by competitive standards, so I'll move it over to S&M for you.

One thing you should keep in mind for walls, in most cases you should invest in HP first, then the defenses. This lets you take less damage overall.

Old April 19th, 2011 (10:25 PM).

Quote originally posted by Aurafire:
This team would be better rated by competitive standards, so I'll move it over to S&M for you.

One thing you should keep in mind for walls, in most cases you should invest in HP first, then the defenses. This lets you take less damage overall.
Thanks! And will do with the EVs. I just kinda guess for most of them hehe
Old April 20th, 2011 (04:40 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Umbreon can't learn Crunch IIRC. Payback is its reliable STAB, though it won't hit as hard due to its base 65 Attack. That shouldn't be a problem with Curse, though.

On Skarmory, Brave Bird or Drill Peck goes over Toxic so that Skarmory won't be Taunt bait.

I'd suggest Hidden Power (Ground or Fighting) on Chandelure's last slot so that it can deal with Tyranitar and Heatran.

Cresselia would make a better dual-screener than Magnezone:
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Lunar Dance
-Thunder Wave/Ice Beam/Psychic
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/40 SDef/68 Spe
Item: Light Clay

Old April 20th, 2011 (06:01 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2011 by Dark Azelf.

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
Umbreon can't learn Crunch IIRC. Payback is its reliable STAB, though it won't hit as hard due to its base 65 Attack. That shouldn't be a problem with Curse, though.

On Skarmory, Brave Bird or Drill Peck goes over Toxic so that Skarmory won't be Taunt bait.

I'd suggest Hidden Power (Ground or Fighting) on Chandelure's last slot so that it can deal with Tyranitar and Heatran.

Cresselia would make a better dual-screener than Magnezone:
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Lunar Dance
-Thunder Wave/Ice Beam/Psychic
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/40 SDef/68 Spe
Item: Light Clay

Thanks. I think I am going to follow everything you said, except the Cresselia part. I don't know, I just don't like using anything in any game that is considered legendary, even if it isn't an Uber/OU. In the first place I wanted magnezone as just an electric type. MY friend simply suggested I throw in the dual screens. I might want to switch him out for some other pokemon. Maybe...Jolteon? Idk a moveset for him though :/

Quote originally posted by ltsang:
pretty great team. I'm working on a team also. If you want to battle me I'll probably be ready by the end of this month. If not the next. Because due to the final exam that is coming up.
Thanks! And sure if I can EV train fast enough. I am still in dire need of a dragon. Or Mamoswine....i was thinking a physical ground/ice would be good....but i want a dragon real bad :/ I am guessing you would suggest dragonite from your picture lol

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)