• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I'm sure you've all hunted for shinies, from one, to having an entire box full of them! This is almost like a place to post what shinies you've found recently and trade them to others! You can also post your friend codes here.

At times, I will be detailing the different methods used for shiny hunting, with a description of what to do and what not to do.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
I'm sure you've all hunted for shinies, from one, to having an entire box full of them! This is almost like a place to post what shinies you've found recently and trade them to others! You can also post your friend codes here.

At times, I will be detailing the different methods used for shiny hunting, with a description of what to do and what not to do.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Never had any luck with any shinies up until 5 days ago, found a random shiny scraggy in a horde :). And then the next day found a shiny Teddiursa while catching dittos in a safari. Next day.. found another shiny Teddiursa...next day... found a shiny Eevee! Never thought I'd have such luck in my life... XD

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I'm glad you all work hard to find your shinies! Someone I know gets them from trades. Only.

Never had any luck with any shinies up until 5 days ago, found a random shiny scraggy in a horde :). And then the next day found a shiny Teddiursa while catching dittos in a safari. Next day.. found another shiny Teddiursa...next day... found a shiny Eevee! Never thought I'd have such luck in my life... XD

Do you know what kind of Safari you have? =3

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
Do you know what kind of Safari you have? =3

Yes, a rock type. Sorry that I don't have the safari you're looking for... Although I have a lot of friends with Pyroar in their safari, so I'm sure it's not all that hard to find :3

But I'd love to have your safari, (I reeeaally like shiny Lapras) so please may I add you on X? :)

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Yes, a rock type. Sorry that I don't have the safari you're looking for... Although I have a lot of friends with Pyroar in their safari, so I'm sure it's not all that hard to find :3

But I'd love to have your safari, (I reeeaally like shiny Lapras) so please may I add you on X? :)

Sure, it's in my signature~

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 9, 2014
One shiny Gible hatched. By freak accident while I was IV breeding. Shame it's stats are terrible cause I put the wrong poke in the day care. D:

Oh and a Perfect IV shiny Giratina. (Tooootaly legit.)

Elements1

Meh
Years
Got a shiny Skrelp by chain fishing, then a shiny gloom from a friend safari though I traded it for a shiny Arcanine, which was a great deal :P

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Got a shiny Skrelp by chain fishing, then a shiny gloom from a friend safari though I traded it for a shiny Arcanine, which was a great deal :P

I'm willing to trade a shiny for any shiny Skrelp someone can catch! I do have a shiny event Genesect. ^~^

I caught 2 Relicants in the weekend (fishing chain FTW).

Me too! xD Derpy little Relicanths.

Dragneil

Lightning Trainer
Years
so far finding fishing to be the easiest method for getting shinys got shiny dragalge after chain of 54 then seaking after 34ish then i had a 155ish chain with nothing then shiny gyarados after like 30 when I was hunting (still hunting) for my shiny espurr i came across a shiny oddish after like 800ish random encounters so time wise if you want your first shiny i would try out chain fishing
edit: forgot about my stupid shiny basculin i found after a chain of like 130ish and it killed itself with some move i had never seen before xD

Years
I do say that Friend safari seems to be the best place to hunt shinies.

Found 2 yesterday, shiny Meditite and a shiny Grumpig. I have found a total of 6 shinies over the lapse of 2 weeks solely from different Friend Safaris.

The way I do it is:

-Choose target
-Get Synchronizer with desired nature
-Use Increase Encounter O-power
-Get on my bike and hunt

Really good way to hunt while doing other stuff since it does not require a lot of attention, except for checking if it is a shiny or not (I have been VERY close to run away from some :>)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
edit: forgot about my stupid shiny basculin i found after a chain of like 130ish and it killed itself with some move i had never seen before xD

Final Gambit. One did that to me too >.> Luckily I found another and Quick Ball'd that sucker.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I have tried my hand at chain fishing, hooked myself an amazing looking red Clawitzer. ^~^

Currently, I'm hunting for shiny Swirlix, and Amaura.

Little update: While hunting for a shiny Swirlix, I got a shiny Clefairy.

Dragneil

Lightning Trainer
Years
Final Gambit. One did that to me too >.> Luckily I found another and Quick Ball'd that sucker.
Ha that's the one, I was recording it too and wondered what it was because I had never seen the move before and before I knew what was happening my pokemon had fainted and so had the Basculin xD

Back