• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
The first one resembles Cosmite more imo because of the flames of a falling meteorite, but personally I prefer the one without the flames. ^_^

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
sup peoples, so im not that good at sprites but i decided to try.
something.png

name: undecided
type: water

im bored and i have nothing to do tonight so i made a sprite from chesu's idea
lichi.png

Name: Lichi
Class: Symbiosis Pokemon
Type: Rock/Grass
PokeDex: Lichi's body is composed of mineral, fungal and photosynthetic material.
Biologists are currently studying it to determine whether or not it's a single organism.

Description: A rock Pokemon with a bit of lichen on it. Both the rock and lichen portions have faces.
Concept/Sprite: Chesu/

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
On second thought, how about try making the horn of my Narwhal yellow like your horn? O.o

Sure I'll do that. I'll do it when I get on my computer, cause I'm seeing PC from my iPod.

EDIT: Here it is..

24ctwsm_th.png

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I just HAD to take a crack at Cosmite.

Cometite1copy.png

Cometite2copy.png

Cometite3copy.png

Oho, that's interesting... I think it looks a little too much like the original Pokemon, though.
Regarding the fire, have you tried a comet-like tail? That's what my original concept "art" of it has.

...Where did you both suddenly get the inspiration to sprite Cosmite, though? It was one of the ones I had Ice remove yesterday...

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
I had been thinking about it for a while, coming up with a theory of what I thought it should look like, but didn't have the free time. And it's a nice idea.

You think it looks too much like them? Hmm.. Any suggestions? Also, I think Pichu looks a lot like Pikachu. Just saying. ^^'
I could try to make it look more comet-like.
*goes to google for comet tails*
brb

EDIT: Okay, I took a shot.

Cosmite2copy.png

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Looking good there blackmoon.
I think I like it more if the flame doesn't have any outline though. Makes it more, well, softer. xD

blackmoonflower

Years
Well, it's supposed to be more like psychic energy rather than actual flame... (though in some cases, flame does have outline, like Typhlosion for example) I'll wait and see if anyone else says anything about it.

Years
I had been thinking about it for a while, coming up with a theory of what I thought it should look like, but didn't have the free time. And it's a nice idea.

You think it looks too much like them? Hmm.. Any suggestions? Also, I think Pichu looks a lot like Pikachu. Just saying. ^^'
I could try to make it look more comet-like.
*goes to google for comet tails*
brb

EDIT: Okay, I took a shot.

Cosmite2copy.png
What I find a little difficult about this fakemon (aside from the fact that it's made to be part of an evolution chain with official pokemon and as far as I know our 'dex is only for fakemon) is that, aside from the comet-y tail, it's too much of a fusion of Solrock and Lunatone. Its design could have elements of those two, yeah, but it needs something unique to it, which could be a shape or color or details (mouth, ears, wings, limbs, etc.) or even just the 'tone' of the fakemon (it's got a kind of neutral expression, just like Solrock/Lunatone - not that it can't, but it doesn't have to)

As far as the spriting work, I think it would look better to have the spike bits more lined up with the tail as if they're trailing behind.

But yeah. Are we not even using this idea anymore?

Years
Well, Chesu said he doesn't want to use the concept anymore, so I guess we shouldn't prioritize it, at the least. Still, blackmoonflower has worked hard on it, so I feel it would be unfair to just discard it.

blackmoonflower

Years
*pouts* But it's so cuuuuuuute. D:

You don't have to keep it if you guys don't want to use it. Maybe I'll use it for something. But thanks, Ice. ^^'

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
14lswaq.png

Name: Pelicrane
Etymology: Pelican+Crane (Beak)
Species: Pelican+Grane??
Class: Large beak pokemon
Type/s: Water/Flying
Pokédex Entry: It flops its wings really fast. It scavenges for food that passer byers may have left by.
Ability/ies: Early bird
Description: Lookie at the sprite.

Accepted?^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Name: ???
Description: A kind of suit of armour, made of Ice, in a humanoid shape, carrying a sword.
The armor looks a tiny bit like the top plates on daikenki's armour.
Concept: ~Wind~

What the hell did I just draw.

dunno_lol.png

I think he escaped from a Final Fantasy sketchbook.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
aside from the comet-y tail, it's too much of a fusion of Solrock and Lunatone.

But yeah. Are we not even using this idea anymore?

Like most of the ideas I submitted, Cosmite is part of the "Fakedex" I've been building for the last ten years. I submitted it because on its own it wouldn't be apparent that it's related to Lunatone and Solrock, but anyone who decided to use it in a game could use it as such. I decided to retract it because it was one of the less interesting ideas, and Ice set that 1/3 rule.

iqigxf.png

As you said, Moon's depiction looks exactly like a small fusion of Lunatone and Solrock; above is my original Cosmite conceptual doodle. I didn't include these for most of my ideas so that people would be able to use their own designs.

COULD WE WORK ON THE IDEAS ON THE FIRST POST. PLEASE.

Told you to put the notice higher! :D

A more visible notice should prevent people from posting new ideas, so spriters will be working on what we already have.

Despite not looking like what I consider to be a Pokemon, I like it! It fits in with some of the Dragon Quest-ish new Pokemon.

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Err when tnguye accepts, are we going to use the recolred-horn narwhal evo? Well, im hyped up as of now, because i got a snow day at school!

Years
Updating a sprite I started a little bit ago.

ruxm9z.png

I'm not sure what kind of typing or whatnot it's supposed to be so I left the color alone and didn't add any other details except the headdress. Not that I think it needs more detail since it's probably small enough.

~Wind~

Detective
Years

dunno_lol.png

I think he escaped from a Final Fantasy sketchbook.

I was thinking more alongs the lines of:
9r0kn4.png

I really just came up with him while thinking about how there's no real humanoid ice pokemon, not like sneasel and weavile, more like lucario, gallade, gardevoir, mewtwo (a bit) so this popped up.
But I like your one too, it seems like maybe they could be rivals or something.
(btw there's a body inside the armour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back