• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★Simple Vanilla★ - Normal Type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Name: synerjee

Partner Pokemon: Kiki the Eevee, Sasa the Teddiursa and Togi the Togekiss.

Reason for Joining: Normal Pokemon are really versatile! They can learn a whole diverse set of moves and are great fillers for teams.

Favorite Normal Type Move: Body Slam.

Answer the current topic: I can't really see a current topic, but I guess it's about Ditto. Ditto sure is unique, being able to breed with almost every Pokemon and also with the ability to transform into any Pokemon it wishes. About the whole 'Ditto are failed clones of Mew' thing, it somehow suits it, seeing as the both of them are the only Pokemon that can learn Transform.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Name: Narnia

Partner Pokemon: Bumblebee the Ditto and Mickey the Aipom.

Reason for Joining:

Normal types, normal types, normal types. Where to begin? They're one of the most underrated types out there and don't always judge on what others say. Personally they're one of my favourite types, they stand out to me, they're one of the greatest. Despite the name "normal", they're so much more than that simple six letter word. They have great,diverse movepools and few weaknesses, in fact only one! They have some of the most interesting Pokemon and really even though most HM slaves belong to the normal-type, I've tried using Pokemon like Zigzagoon on my team and they were fantastic battlers. I adore normal types as well for there cuteness and just in general everything about them, to be honest they should be the wonderful type except a type called that sounds pretty strange so we'll leave the name how it is.

Answer the current topic:

I suppose Ditto, it stands out from any Pokemon not just the normal-types. The concept behind it is one of the most interesting and fascinating things to think about. A purple blob with two dots for eyes and a smiley mouth, being able to transform into any Pokemon without trouble. Being able to copy their exact stats and movesets, it's only move being Transform. It's so interesting Ditto, it's like the Pokemon representative of Optimus Prime from Transformers.

Also I think a close second would be Smeargle. It's weird how if Smeargle sketches a move, it can learn and remember the move. Sketch is an interesting move, how it can make Smeargle learn any move at all even things that you'd usually think of impossible such as Roar of Time and other signature moves. Also it's sort of testing your luck when using it, you never know what move Smeargle might sketch and the movesets might end up different to what you hoped for.

zebraskin

Um... I like pizza!
Years
Name: zebraskin
Partner Pokemon: Yoru the Meowth, Tubby the Munchlax, and Squishy the Castform
Reason for Joining: I love normal types!~ My favorite type of all and they have so many cute pokemon! And I want to join a club....
Answer the current topic: Castform is pretty unique because of its ability to change form depending on the weather....
Favorite Normal Type Move: Return

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So I've been thinking about the lesser-known Pokémon a lot recently and I've been wondering - which Normal type Pokémon do you guys wish would make more of an appearance in the franchise?

Pokémon like Miltank, Tauros, Slaking - they're all very interesting Pokémon with potential to have some very interesting themes based on them, but how often do you see them come up in the fandom? I'd love to see these Pokémon, especially Tauros 'cos badass, get a bit more spotlight shined on them every now-and-then but it's difficult to do when no one seems interested in them. Perhaps it's just because they seem too much like regular animals to warrant any kind of fascination?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, I think your reasoning is pretty spot-on. Most people go to Pokemon for the fantasy aspect of the Pokemon - like the ones based on myths and legends, or the ones that are just made up - or the cute ones, in which a lot of them are based on animals. As the result, the ones who are based on animals, but aren't part of an evolutionary line, will kinda be pushed aside, both by the fans and the developers. I mean, I reckon Tauros was pretty popular back in the days of the first generation, considering Ash caught like 40 of them, and at that point in the anime they seemed rather strong. And Whitney's infamous Miltank kinda speaks for itself, but despite how strong it was during the battle, not many people appeared to actually have any interest in raising one. Same king can be said about Norman's Slaking.

They all kinda shone through in the battles, but weren't really anything people were interested in having, and with all the added Pokemon, they're just kinda left in the shadow.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Hello guys! Firstly I'd like to appologize about my about my absence from the club. Things here and there happen and i've been pretty busy.

But enough about me, I'd like to welcome all our new members to the club :D! As you can see, I updated the members list as well as given everyone who has reached 10 posts a star. I also updated the event column to voting for the "Normal Type of the Month". I've decided to make it that way since I wanted to showcase as many normal types as possible. Voting will begin now and will end by the first of May. That pokemon will take Eevee's place as featured pokemon of the month. New events are also up for suggestion and recommendation.

Lasty as for the topic; I see that a new discussion has started and as such, I've posted the topic: Which Normal type Pokémon do you guys wish would make more of an appearance in the franchise?
-Well I do agree that most normal types are being overlooked. I think some fans dont even like some normal types with animalistic apearences and deem them "uncreatiive" or "boring". I'm pretty sure theres been at least one episode showcasing almost every pokemon but there havnt been very many of the described normal types that have been a part of the main protagonists' team while also having a vibrant or distinct personality and good representation.

As such i'd love to see more Stoutland, Granbull, Ursaring, Biberal, and Tauros. Surprisingly enough, although this being 5th gen atm I dont think Stoutland had really much of a meaningful apearence other than just battling(unless i'm missing something.)

Last edited:
Years
Hmm, I'm really not up to date on the anime, but from what I have seen, Miltank, Tauros, & Kangaskhan are the most underpublicized Normals in the franchise. Probably Farfetch'd too, but I use it so much I don't regularly realize it...

Last edited:

Giant Magikarp

I like Iris...
Years
Name: Giant Magikarp

Partner Pokemon: Snore the Snorlax, Kangaroo the Kangaskhan and Jelly the Ditto

Reason for joining: Because Normal type Pokemon are the best.

Answer the current topic: Smeargle, because it can learn any move (except Struggle, Chatter and Shadow moves) and it can copy even signature moves.

Favorite Normal type move: Body Slam and Double-Edge

Olli

Years
Which Normal type Pokémon do you guys wish would make more of an appearance in the franchise?

Personally, as much as I'd like to say Pidgey, I don't feel like I actually ever see Castform that much. I mean, it's a rare Pokemon and all, but despite that, it has this awesome power to change its appearance and typing depending on the weather, and no one really seem to care about that. I mean, of course people don't have to use it in-game, since it isn't exaaactly that great, but I think it'd make a cool Pokemon to have added to the team in the anime. Maybe it's just because that power, despite how cool it actually is, is rather inconvenient. To use a turn to change the weather, just to have that countered by a Pokemon whom the attacks are weak against. That's why I think it'd work out a lot better in the anime, considering the battles aren't turned-based in there :p

Years
Which Normal type Pokémon do you guys wish would make more of an appearance in the franchise?

I'm going to be the odd one out, but Dunsparce! Ever since I saw him in Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity I felt he was awesome and could use more showcasing in the anime and merch. He's got an interesting design and is quite adorable but never got much screentime outside, what, one episode in Johto? :( 'Sides, he's the kind of Pokemon that would be adorable to have as a plush!

My other favorites already got a lot of appearances across the franchise - Skitty, Aipom, Meowth, Buneary, and others.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I will join! I am a member of last-years normal fan club!

Name: miltankRancher
Partner Pokemon: (Can we choose 3, automatically? If yes, I will go with Miltank, Snorlax and Sawsbuck. If not, Miltank. :)
Reason for Joining: Two words: Whitney's Miltank.
Answer the current topic: I really like Sawsbuck to have more appearances in the anime. I once dreamt that Cilan's team would include a Deerling, or a Sawsbuck. IT FREAKING CHANGES WITH THE SEASON, OMG.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Extremespeed and Yawn.

CourageHound

Years
Name: Giant Magikarp

Partner Pokemon: Snore the Snorlax, Kangaroo the Kangaskhan and Jelly the Ditto

Reason for joining: Because Normal type Pokemon are the best.

Answer the current topic: Smeargle, because it can learn any move (except Struggle, Chatter and Shadow moves) and it can copy even signature moves.

Favorite Normal type move: Body Slam and Double-Edge

I will join! I am a member of last-years normal fan club!

Name: miltankRancher
Partner Pokemon: (Can we choose 3, automatically? If yes, I will go with Miltank, Snorlax and Sawsbuck. If not, Miltank. :)
Reason for Joining: Two words: Whitney's Miltank.
Answer the current topic: I really like Sawsbuck to have more appearances in the anime. I once dreamt that Cilan's team would include a Deerling, or a Sawsbuck. IT FREAKING CHANGES WITH THE SEASON, OMG.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Extremespeed and Yawn.

Welcome to the club!! :)

Yes you can choose three automaticly!

I agree with both of you that smeargle's unique abillity warrants it some needed screentime and Sawsbuck(one of my fav grass types) should at least accompany Cilan. Castform would be a nice addition to the series as with Dunsparce. I say thins because there are many overlooked hidden gems among normal types that could great potential for representation due to their potential role in the series, personality, or unique abilities. Like, imagine how helpful Castform could be to change the weather to rainy in a desert region or something.

*Remember I'm still taking votes to May's "pokemon of the Month"*

miltankRancher

Years
Welcome to the club!! :)

Yes you can choose three automaticly!

I agree with both of you that smeargle's unique abillity warrants it some needed screentime and Sawsbuck(one of my fav grass types) should at least accompany Cilan. Castform would be a nice addition to the series as with Dunsparce. I say thins because there are many overlooked hidden gems among normal types that could great potential for representation due to their potential role in the series, personality, or unique abilities. Like, imagine how helpful Castform could be to change the weather to rainy in a desert region or something.

*Remember I'm still taking votes to May's "pokemon of the Month"*

Castform could use more screentime, yeah. I am seeing a valley, deserted and hot off course, with its inhabitants complaining and all, then castform comes in wreaking havoc all over. Then Ash and co. would come in and try to reason with it. :)

CourageHound

Years
Well aside from those mentioned, are there any pokemon that you guys would like to see as main character's/protagonists pokemon?

Olli

Years
At the moment, I can't really think of any Pokemon that'd make a suitable member of any of the main characters' parties, main because the ones I'd want to see either don't really fit the current characters, or they've already made a major appearance in the anime. My initial thought was Ursaring, but it just doesn't really fit neither Ash, Cilan or Iris, and Paul had one in the Sinnoh seasons, so giving it to Trip wouldn't really make sense.

...And I can't really think of any other Normal types that I feel like would really fit in. I'd love to see Jigglypuff return though ;( I felt like it had a semi-major role, and I was just kinda sad when it suddenly stopped appearing :( But yeah, otherwise I can't really think of anything :/

miltankRancher

Years
Oh yes, Jigglypuff. She is one of the really good cameos back then. When she arrives, kids like us (back then) would go "uh-oh. time to sleep." I miss her, and I hope they bring her back.

CourageHound

Years
Yes Jigglypuff was very prominent in the series. However bringing it back would be somewhat unlikely :(

Ok guys time for a new topic:

What normal types would you like to make stronger in terms of stats, abilities and moveset?

I would say Zangoose and Ursaring. Although both pokemon are very strong physical attackers, I find Zangoose being too frail, while they both have somewhat underwhelming speed(more-so Ursaring). If they were a bit bulkier and faster, they would be perfect. Every normal type could use some bulk imo due to lack of resistances.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Name: Iloveeevee
Partner Pokemon: Eevee (of course :p), Meloetta, and Cincinno
Reason for Joining: My favoritest Pokemon is Eevee which is a Normal type and most of the cute Pokemon are Normal types :)
Answer the current topic: What Normal types would you like to make stronger in terms of stats, abilities and moveset?
I agree that most Normal types are too frail in battle and therefore are not used often :( There isn't a specific Pokemon I would want to make stronger because mostly all of the Normal types should be stronger (except for Arceus since it's strong already lol).
Favorite Normal Type Move: Explosion. This was really fun to use in my White 2 playthrough since I've not really used it before and I thought it would be a cool move to try out for once lol

Reactions: EB

CourageHound

Years
Name: Iloveeevee
Partner Pokemon: Eevee (of course :p), Meloetta, and Cincinno
Reason for Joining: My favoritest Pokemon is Eevee which is a Normal type and most of the cute Pokemon are Normal types :)
Answer the current topic: What Normal types would you like to make stronger in terms of stats, abilities and moveset?
I agree that most Normal types are too frail in battle and therefore are not used often :( There isn't a specific Pokemon I would want to make stronger because mostly all of the Normal types should be stronger (except for Arceus since it's strong already lol).
Favorite Normal Type Move: Explosion. This was really fun to use in my White 2 playthrough since I've not really used it before and I thought it would be a cool move to try out for once lol

Welcome to the Club :D

Actually I think half of the normal type population is somewhat bulky. The other half is exceedingly frail. The sad fact is that most normal types just arn't that effective in battle.

Oh and you said explosion was your favorite normal move. I was always afraid to use it ingame cuz when your pokemon was knocked out it looses friendship. I wasnt sure if explosion or selfdestruct counted for that though Dx

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What normal types would you like to make stronger in terms of stats, abilities and moveset?
I think Azurill would need some improvement stat-wise to make it a bit stronger but still reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back