• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
Years
Finally, my Articuno learned Sheer Cold! Taking a break from training, I decided to breed my Pokemon. Capturing a level 55 Wobbuffet, I bred it with my mah male level 78 Wobbuffet. Currently wating for the egg to hatch.
Current Team:
lvl 81 Charizard
lvl 81 Dragonite
lvl 85 Articuno
lvl 81 Jolteon
Egg
lvl 78 Wobbuffet

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Sorry, I took a miguided idea and took a prolonged break from pokemon, game creating, and the sort. But yesterday, when i acheived a complete hoenn dex on emerald, I am offically off the dry spell. So yeah, Emerld is my game of choice, and well, I have a completed hoenn dex, see now I am just in a pickle, I need a Celibi, or how ever its spelled, to have a complete national dex, but I think that that won't happen without dipping into my gameshark. Oh well. Oh and I just restarted on LeafGreen as a girl (Kathren) with a Bulbasaur. Already to Brock, and well just easy as can be.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I restared my FireRed this morning. So far I'm in Vermillion City on that boat, climbing my way up to the Captain.
I also caught Diglett for an advantage over Lt. Surge since I have a Wartortle. Was going to catch a Geodude instead, but Geodude is built for defense/offense, not speed which is what I'm looking for.
Hopefully I'll be up to Erika tonight with a Blastoise and a Dugtrio. Wish me luck!:)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 6, 2008
Day 2 of my Emerald journey.

Finally restarted it after not even turning it on for over a year.

Just beat Wattson, he was a pain. It took me a couple hours of tries and training to take him out.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
I just started playing LeafGreen two days ago.

Man how good it felt to have Bulbasaur back on my team after... well, I don't know some years playing original Blue.

Right now I'm bouncing back & forth in Rt. 2 & 3, catching some Pokémon to rebuild my ol' times team: Bulbasaur, Nidoran(M), Pidgeotto, Beedrill. Maybe a Zubat or a Geodude later. Unfortunely my Bulbasaur was a bit overleveled, Brock went out in three minutes, he only managed to FNT my Beedrill.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Made a new game on my Emerald two days ago. Started with a Torchic.

2 days later:

My Torchic is now a Blaziken and is now level 49. I have 6 badges and tomorrow I'll attempt for the last two badges. Then I'll train two more Pokemon for the Elite Four challenge.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
It's interesting to see how some people only train one or two Pokemon and just use those one or two to obliterate everyone for the rest of the game. I recently (within the past couple weeks) started playing Emerald, because I need the legendaries on the game for Pearl, and currently I've just made my way through Route 119 to Fortree City. Anyway, I was making my point because of how I train my ****. Here's my team:

Aron lvl. 27 [does he get better once he evolves? because he's currently been worthless the entire game]
Combusken lvl. 32
Kadabra lvl. 34
Sableye lvl. 32
Azumarill lvl. 29
Tropius lvl. 26

Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
Well, I got rid of Aron because he was spectacularly useless against the Fortree Gym, and added Kecleon to my team. Taught Kecleon Thunder Shock and he helped me beat (after a good 5-6 tries) Winona. Now I'm Route 120, Aron-free.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Yesterday I went to Lavender Town to pay my respects to fallen Pokémon. I was having a nice non-guided tour by the place, thinking whether I should go to the Pkémon Center or not when... BANG!!!! Guess who's there...?

Yes, you know. Don't pretend you don't!

Green/Gary, again.

Heck that battle was hard. I had told myself, "not a problem, I have Nidorino with me and he PWNED Green's pokémons twice in the past". Right? Wrong. My Pidgeotto, Sandshrew and Nidorino fell down to his knees, in that order, and I only had two remaining Pokémon: my blinded and poisoned L31 Bulbasaur and a healthy L15 Zubat. Don't know what was I thinking there.

So I decided to Leechseed his Kadabra with the last of Bulbasaur's strength, sent Zubat out, and prepared to deliver myself to oblivion. I mean, it is not like it is an Abra and is going to miss every single hit because of using Teleport, right? Right. After using Astonishing every turn while draining its energy at the same time, I had to make use of four SuperPotions to endure the damage the time enough for Kadabra to go down because of LeechSeed... Man how much I love LeechSeed!

Note to self: check your Pokémon's overall health and your budget before you get into a Rival fight.

Now I'm heading to Celadon to have some fun. Not with gambling, of course.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I traded my soon-to-be sandstorm team over from LeafGreen to Emerald after getting Shuckle and Swampert to lv100. I've been working on it since a few months ago after a humiliating defeat. But now, my team is beginning to shape up, and starting to look a bit more promising.

Here's my team so far:
Swampert, lv100
Shuckle, lv100
Flygon, lv85
TTar, lv74
Nidoking, lv52
Quilava, lv18

On a side note, the Quilava was a race with my friend to see who could raise the most powerful Typhlosion. Luckily, he knows next to nothing about EV's^^.

EagleKIng

Jolteon PWNS
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
Well, I've just beat Misty with my PWNING Charmeleon!

Charmeleon
HP:76
Nature:Mild
Moves:Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Metal Claw, Ember.

Weedle
HP:17
Nature:Mild
Moves Poison Sting, String Shot

Paras
HP:32
Nature:Quiet
Moves:Scratch, Stun Spore

That is MY team!
I just got a Charizard! Also I beat the 3rd gym,and I'm stuck where you get out of Diglett Cave...and the Aide wants me to catch 10 Pokemon, when i've only caught 6!

Also caught a Pidgey!
Caught an Oddish and a Diglett,currently in Rock Tunnel,the place where you have to use Flash? BTW is HM05 Flash? The AIDE wants me to catch 10, i've caught 8!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
Why does it seems that when fighting against legendary poke, it's easier to catch it with a Poke Ball than an Ultra Ball, i mean you throw 30 Ultraballs and don't catch it and then you throw asingle Pokeball and you finally catch it ?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
What happened to you was complete luck, my friend. Even a Pokeball has a slight chance of catching a legendary Pokemon and you happened to be in that small percentage when you threw it. Sometimes fate is just strange like that.

EagleKIng

Jolteon PWNS
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
Beat 4TH Gym, beat Rocket Game Corner, Saved Mr.Fuji, released Weedle, caught Horsea, healed all my Pokemon, saved in Lavender Town PokeCenter.
I just got Eevee, then used the ThunderStone to make it a Jolteon!

Jolteon
HP:68
LV:25
MOVES: Dig, Shock Wave, Growl, Sand-Attack
Nature:IMPISH
Met in: CELADON CITY at LV 25

OT:X

:)

Last edited:

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Restarted my Pokemon Emerald last night and now I'm at Mauville City. I'm training my Makuhita into a Hariyama specifically for Watson's Magneton. By the end of today, I want to be on my way to Winona and her Altaria.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Restarted Fire Red 386, which is Fire Red with all 386 Pokemon obtainable. So far I'm up to Misty's Gym with:
Ivysaur - Level 25
Gyarados - Level 23
Larvitar - Level 23

Edit: I'm now in Dark Cave (I think that's the name. The cave that takes you to Lavender.) with:
Ivysaur - Level 30
Gyarados - Level 29
Pupitar - Level 30
Mr. Mime - Level 25

I traded the Abra for Mr. Mime. Of course he has a crazy stupid nickname, which will be changed in Lavender. Each time I play the game I go for Pokemon I haven't seriously used before, and Mr. Mime is the Psychic type this time around, and my key to beating Erika. I'm worried about raising him though, because after level 30 he won't obey me. :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
I've played my FR so many times and now i'm playing it again.
Right now I have finished the story mode events at the tri-islands after beating Blaine, I am now in the process of training my pokemon and catching the birds.

Team:
Blastoise Lv 43
Butterfree Lv 42
Pidgeot Lv 42

-END OF MESSAGE-

Spearow

mr. nobody
Years
I traded the Abra for Mr. Mime. Of course he has a crazy stupid nickname, which will be changed in Lavender.

You can't change the dumb nicknames of Pokemon you get even in ingame trades, unfortunately. :(

About to enter Seafoam Islands in FR, after wasting a good amount of time and money in the Safari Zone trying to catch a Kangaskhan. My team needs trimming and balancing - it's weighted down with underleveled and unnecessary 'mons. I wish I didn't have to lug around HM slaves.

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
Just beat all 4 stages of the Trainer Tower on Seven Island in LeafGreen, thanks to my wonderful Aerodactyl. I'm now halfway through challenging the E4 the second time; breezed right through Lorelei and Bruno, but when I got to Agatha, her LV 70 Gengar followed by that LV 66 Crobat was a nightmare. I outstalled her with the aforementioned Aerodactyl while Reviving like crazy behind her back. Now I'm just about to take on Lance.

Team: Charizard LV 61, Aerodactyl (<333) LV 61, Raichu LV 61, Vaporeon LV 60, Pidgeot LV 60, Clefable LV 60.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
Just started playing Ruby this morning with Torchic as my starter. He evolved into Combusken and won the Cool Category Contest soon after. Oh, and my Zigzagoon has picked up 5 Rare Candies in a 3-hour game span.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back