• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Thanks for the welcomes! Hopefully I become active here.

Welcome to you too. I have to ask, but is your avatar and signature from La Corda D'oro? XD

Yes, it is.

I haven't even finished the manga, but I know who the main character ended up with. Unless it's one of those manga in which nothing happens and its left open to us to determine who she gets with.

I mean most of the time I forget not all women are into other women

You know, I oftentimes forget that too. o.O

Anyway, I might as well introduce myself, like Magdalena, I am trans. It's really not something that I can ever really 'forget' personally. Putting on the wrong clothes, hearing the wrong name/pronouns, etc. make it hard to forget on a daily basis.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
How often are you reminded that you're bi/gay/trans/etc.?
Well, I'd say up to a dozen times a day, depending on what's happening. At least once, because I visit this thread every day. Yesterday, probably only the one time because I was out on the road the whole time.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
Around some of my friends, kind of often, but not in a negative sense. It's just my bestfriend Sarah and I, we act more like lovers and everybody then assumes we're dating but she already has a boyfriend and he felt awkward about it, so people had to keep reminding us to stop hugging, holding hands, spooning etc because I was gay and she had a boyfriend.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years

I haven't even finished the manga, but I know who the main character ended up with.
wait, so who does she end up with? i followed the anime for quite a bit, and i've always wanted her to end up with the blue-haired violinist.

not often. i try not to think about it.
although, there are times when i get into rather heated discussions with my parents about homosexuality (nurture vs. nature and stuff like that), and i see how skewed some of their views are, then i think, "one of these days, i might have to come out to them."

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I have a question for you guys for once. It has a few parts to it... I've been watching Hard Gay* again, and I was wondering what other people thought about him. Personally, I think he's hilarious, but he is extremely stereotypical. So, what do you think? Is something like that just furthering the stereotype, or does it make it seem more normal to people? Also, second part... what do you think about him doing a show with kids like in the second video?

A couple examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j1EyJzW82k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NopqLKVOnc

*If you don't know who Hard Gay is, he's a Japanese comedian/wrestler who pretends to be the most stereotypically gay person who's ever lived, and usually helps people out on the streets without them knowing who he is. Hilarity often follows.
Also, he's actually not gay, and has a wife and kids.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I think he's giggleworthy ^^ But I can see why some people would be offended I guess.
I guess, in a way, he promotes the "gay culture" (yea I think there's one for men & one for women, at least, from what I can see) & people who aren't gay have kinda picked that up too. But it depends who's watching him?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Bah you unruly kids posting and shiz whenever I'm out for the day and putting me behind on my reading :P

I'm on my phone in bed so I'll answer the topical stuff in the morning, but I just wanted to say a quick welcome to HannakinCookie and Envy before y'all bury their joining too far :P I shall also add your names to the member list in the morning XD

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I'm short on time, so I'ma make this quick too, but welcome you guys. :D

Envy, it's good to see you here. I haven't seen you around too much since the LGBT group was around. ;;

Years
I have a question for you guys for once. It has a few parts to it... I've been watching Hard Gay* again, and I was wondering what other people thought about him. Personally, I think he's hilarious, but he is extremely stereotypical. So, what do you think? Is something like that just furthering the stereotype, or does it make it seem more normal to people? Also, second part... what do you think about him doing a show with kids like in the second video?

A couple examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j1EyJzW82k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NopqLKVOnc

*If you don't know who Hard Gay is, he's a Japanese comedian/wrestler who pretends to be the most stereotypically gay person who's ever lived, and usually helps people out on the streets without them knowing who he is. Hilarity often follows.
Also, he's actually not gay, and has a wife and kids.
It's funny because when I look at him there's not a whole lot about him which is actually that gay or stereotypical. He's got the outfit, the hip dance thing, and sometimes he makes jokes or comments, but aside from that most of what he does it pleasantly normal or ridiculous and not at all associated with stereotypes.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just too used to Japanese entertainment.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
Hey. I'd like to join and stuff. I've been openly gay for about two and a half years now.

Do people ever ask you questions about your sexual orientation 'n' stuff that you find to be awkward or going too far?

When people ask what... Position I prefer, if you catch my drift. That's going a little too far. But then, I feel awkward talking about sex in general. It annoys also when people are like "So would you have sex with me?" I usually reply with, "No, I have taste."

But if people wanna ask general questions I don't feel awkward particularly. I actually think it might alleviate some prejudice if they understand more.

When I get passionate about gay rights/issues I feel very... Gay, I suppose. And I don't get to meet a lot of other gay guys around here so not being in a relationship kind of reminds me I'm gay because I know that that's the reason. If that makes sense.

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome, Daydream! Everyone's names are added now so I'm all up-to-date :)

Pikapal642 said:
First woman: BAH YOU JUST HUSH.
I laughed so hard at that and I have no idea why lmao

Thinking about it, I guess I'm reminded of it a lot more often than I thought. Pretty much every time I see somebody who doesn't know I'm gay and I wonder whether I should tell them (which basically means my customers at work who continually ask me whether I have a girlfriend. I've just never seen the point of telling them I'm gay and making an awkward situation at work lol), or every time I see a hot guy and begin to think dirty thoughts... then there's PokeCommunity where I spend a lot of my time. Everybody knows here and I refer to it a lot in my posts around the place and I'm the owner of the LGBT Club so there are a lot of reminders floating around lol.

QuilavaKing said:

I don't really think he's funny at all lol - there's not really a lot that's clever about this kind of comedy, I find. It is probably furthering the stereotype, but I don't think it's particularly damaging, it's all just kind of ridiculous. As for the kids in the video, it doesn't really bother me though I'm probably the wrong person to ask when it comes to issues involving children :P

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
http://www.deviantart.com/#/d4lt9ta

I thought it'd be good to share this with you guys, since it pretty much sums up my views on why being Gay is not a sin, and why I'm still a Christian. What do you guys think?

I love that so much. :3 I agree with all of it, lol. Especially the bit about EVERYONE being sinners. I remember one time when my mother and one of her friends from our church were discussing gay people being pastors (I feel like I mention this so often it's obnoxious. ;__;) and my mom said she supported it, and her friends say she just couldn't. Mom asked why, and the friend said that she felt it was wrong for a person who was "living in sin" or something to be a leader of a church. Now, unfortunately, my mom and I both are the type of people that think of good comebacks WAY after the fact, but my mom later realized that by that logic, NO ONE can be a pastor, as EVERYONE is living in sin. :\ So when people are all like "YOU ARE SUCH A SINNER" I jst wanna say back "YEAH SO ARE YOU. IT IS LIKE, THE DEFINITION OF HUMAN." xD

Oh and another thing I thought, is that, if it is a sin, why not just let God do the judging? I would assume he would do that pretty well on his own, so he doesn't need the help :\So if, in the hypothetical event, it is wrong, he'll take care of it. If not, great! :D

Shining Raichu

Years
QuilavaKing's Deviant Art Thing said:
Opposition #2:

I sat in during a Gay/Straight Alliance meeting and listened to a girl who was both gay and Christian. She said she had found a verse in the Bible that said a man cannot lie with another man because it is an abomination. If you are going to believe this, I will not stop you, but there is still a lapse in logic. Fine, you are allowed to have an opinion and speak out against Homosexual sex if you think it is against the Bible, as a result of what this verse says. However, who says that a Homosexual couple you see is not abstinent? Who says they have ever even had sex, or that they ever will? You are not standing in their bedroom every night, so there is no way for you to know whether or not they are even interested in sex. Therefore, you should not judge a Homosexual based on the scripture stating that Homosexual sex is wrong, because you never know if they are participating in sexual acts at all.

Um... what. OK I know this is meant to be a positive thing, but really... what? "You don't know if they've had sex so you can't judge them"? There's something about that that really doesn't sit right with me. It's kind of not good enough lol. If anything it's more detrimental to the message we're trying to send because it sort of says "if you know for a fact that they've had sex, well judge away!"

The rest of it is fine, but this point really bothers me.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Um... what. OK I know this is meant to be a positive thing, but really... what? "You don't know if they've had sex so you can't judge them"? There's something about that that really doesn't sit right with me. It's kind of not good enough lol. If anything it's more detrimental to the message we're trying to send because it sort of says "if you know for a fact that they've had sex, well judge away!"

Yeah, ditto.

Mini-rant;
Spoiler:

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

Damn it, I hadn't thought of that and now it makes me think less of the post. xD You are right, that point feels like it is giving into the opposition; "Let's assume you are right..." Why assume they are right at all? :\

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
Opposition #4:
Here it comes. The scientific evidence supporting the fact that Homosexuality is not a choice. There was a blind study done which involved the brain of a deceased straight man and the brain of a deceased gay man. The cell cluster was much larger in gay men than in straight men. There were huge differences in the structure of a gay brain versus a straight brain. To put it simply, the gay man's brain was shaped the way a straight woman's brain is, whereas a gay woman's brain was shaped the way a straight man's is. It was, no disrespect intended, almost as if the wrong brain had been dropped into the body.
not sure if we are talking of the same study here, because i've read in my psychology book a case similar to this. apparently, the homosexual man's hypothalamus was three times smaller than that of his heterosexual counterpart. surprisingly, a woman's hypothalamus is also three times smaller than that of a man's!
in any case, i personally don't think that this study in itself is enough to prove sexual orientation to be biological. after all, the brains compared were those of deceased persons. who's to say that it isn't the decay of cells that caused the homosexual man's brain to look different from the heterosexual man's?

but over-all, i do agree with most of your points.

i'm perhaps one of the very few christians who believe that, although the Bible is the "doorway to salvation" (or something like that), it was also used as a cultural tool (particularly, the Old Testament) by the jews thousands of years ago to probably "distinguish" themselves as a group. hence, why the Old Testament forbids people from wearing clothing made from certain threads, and eating certain kinds of seafoods.

that passage from leviticus, in particular, the one about forbidding man to lie with another man "as he would a woman" only forbids one side of homosexuality! it doesn't say anything about lesbianism at all!
jokes aside, we should look at the context of when the Bible was written. thousands of years ago, women were only "second class" compared to men, and were thus inferior. therefore, it would be rather understandable to see why men wouldn't want to be treated like women, like second class citizens (there are actually more stuff dealing with the sexual nature of the act, like how much of a "disgrace" it would be if a man were to submit himself to another man, but i digress)!

there is this wonderful article i found on the internet a long time ago. it was written by a gay priest to his friend. if i recall correctly, it was entitled, "a letter to louise." i would really suggest for everyone to read it. it really stresses the important fact that, although the Bible contains many truths (at least, for catholics, christians, and jews), it is also prone to bias as it was written by men who, while writing it, had lived in varying cultures and time periods. :-)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020

I think what he was trying to say was more of an example of how people judge homosexual couples because of how the bible says that two men having sex is wrong, while they don't even know if that couple has sex at all. Obviously, it's not even relevant either way, but I think what he was talking about were people who solely judge based on that, and he's explaining why that isn't even a solid judgement because for all they know that couple could also be abstinent. This is all from the perspective of the people who judge.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

Yeah, that was the one point I don't really agree with... I had forgotten about it by the time I got around to posting the link though. lol

The most important point in my opinion is that God does not hate Gays, or anyone for that matter, and that it is not our place to make judgement for him.

Last edited:
Back