• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
yes, in the next beta will be both danny and rudy, cause I hope the 2nd beta would be longer than the first

QFred

Behold...
Years
Awesonme screenies, awesome video!!

I'm loving the game!

I won't download it because I don't like to have roms in my PC!

Also, I understand all said in the game (mostly because I'm a PTG guy... LOL) but there are some people that don't! You could finish the hack and then translate it!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Kinda sad that I can't download it... because ROMs won't play on VisualBoy Advance, will they? T-T But it looks great! I wish I could do ROM hacking! ...I should try to someday when I have a better computer. Anyhoo, great work!!

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
Years
Drew said:
Kinda sad that I can't download it... because ROMs won't play on VisualBoy Advance, will they? T-T But it looks great! I wish I could do ROM hacking! ...I should try to someday when I have a better computer. Anyhoo, great work!!

Roms do play on VBoy Advance :| . In fact, that's the whole purpose of VBoy Advance.

Years
Sergio, Pokemon Naranja is not Hack of the year for no Reason! It's the best hack I've played forreal. You have make a great job in the places, buildings and everything are really looking original and Pokemon sprites are pretty cool. I hacked the game a bit and went to the Cuave de CRISTAL (or however is that called), man it's just great. I found just a few bugs. Btw the next 4 badges... I think you should change them a bit, I mean they're looking like Pokemon if you understand what I mean. Of course I don't know the following story even if I understood some things in Orange related to them (If you knwo what I mean)
For me it's the best hack ever, you have my congratulations, please keep it up!

Drew said:

Drew, just download the IPS program from here:
http://www.cellularmobilephones.com/gba_net/IPSWin20.zip
Then download the US Version of Ruby, download the file Sergio uploaded and put in the first place the Ruby and in the second the file from Sergio and click Patch! then you can use your Ruby as Pokemon Naranja. ;)

Last edited:

Dragonking12

The Games pretty fun but, its really hard in the beginning with all the grass pokemon and a thunderpokemon then those random lv29 pokemon...also i noticed certain places you walk out of you can see diffrent pokemon, oh one last thing there is a weird thing when you talk to vileplume on one of the islands you get teleported back to the first island but besides that its really fun.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I'm so frustrated!!!!! No one else has had my problem???? When i download the folder the game is supposed to be located in, all that is there is the read-me file, titled leeme in spanish, and that's it, no patch!!!! Could someone please make a link here or pm me with this patch? It looks soooooooooo good! And here's the thing, i can read spanish! So sorrry for the long message, but i need this patch, badly!

oh yeah, and nice job on getting hack of the year!!!!!!! All the more reason i want it!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 9, 2021
That would be nice if they made an english patch, but that will take like freaken forever...

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2010
mmmmm,this hack is the best!!!!!!!!really,the grafics are incredible!!!

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
thanks, dragonking, about the level 29 pokemon happen because i dont noticed an error with the battles editor (pet), about the vileplume, it is told that you try to battle with it but it expels somniferus (sleep powder) so you fall slept and appear suddenly in the pokemon center
the english patch is coming, patience please..

Years
People are having all these weird problems playing it. Firstly you have to make sure it's a US version of Ruby and not a European or Japanese one. I downloaded a US version off of Limewire a few minutes ago. Then open the Orange game zip thing and click on the IPS thing. Select the Naranja (or however you spell it) and then select the Ruby file. Open Visualboy Advance (they've made a new BETA on their website) and click on the Ruby file. To make sure you're playing the actual Orange game and not Ruby it should say in the first words you read from turning the game on if it is or not. if you've played Pokemon a lot then you'll know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back