• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Lake Guardians

Which lake guardian?

• Azelf

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mesprit

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Years
220px-Lake_guardians_anime.png

Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie are the three legendary lake guardians introduced in Diamond and Pearl, catchable in Lake Valor, Verity, and Acuity respectively. Which did you prefer? How long did it take you to catch them? Did you use any on your team?

Years
I never used any of the little guys, but based on design alone I voted for Azelf. I am a huge fan of blue Pokemon so if any legendary trio has a blue-colored member, it's naturally the one I love first.

Also, it's a very powerful attacker, which contrasts Uxie's defensive and Mesprit's mixed roles.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like Uxie. I actually did competitive battling a bit in gen IV and Uxie was my Stealth Rock lead, haha. It's a fun Pokemon to use and I like its defense. Plus, seeing its eyes wipe your memory. Talk about scary awesome.

Years
I usually prefer blue legendaries as well.

However I do like Azelf for more reasons. It's design is my favorite. I reminds me of Mew, it doesnt look dangerous like Mesprit does or too passive like Uxie. It looks cute and kind but potentionally, also your biggest nightmare.
Also it represents willpower which is my favorite amongst willpower, emotion and knowledge.

Years
Mesprit is my favourite of the three. Uxie I have never liked, it's design throws me off straight away. Azelf I really like, but not as much as Mesprit. Mesprit looks the most badass and has a good design, which is what I look for in Legendary Pokemon.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I love Azelf, used to use it a lot in all of my teams. A great lead in competitive battle.
The one I dislike the most is Mesprit, I think that's the one that was roaming and took forever to catch iirc? That was so annoying.
Uxie is cute also, looks so sleepy :3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Aw, Uxie gets no love.

I like Mesprit the most because of the color scheme and all, although I do think that Azelf has the best design. Mesprit's weird hairdo just isn't all that appealing to me haha.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I voted for Azelf only because i like the color blue and it reminds me of myself the most! Not at all because Mesprit was a pain to catch lol. I dont know why people dont love Uxie! Its got that great legend about its eyes! I wanna see its eyes haha! Plus its cute and sleepy haha. I dont ever use them on my teams because i dont use any legends or pseudo legends on my teams but theyre still awesome pokemon! ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've caught all three of them at one point, but I don't believe I've ever used them much in-game, aside from perhaps Azelf and Mesprit.

In terms of favorites, competitively, I would say I like Azelf better. It's got amazing Speed, if I'm not mistaken, and it also has access to some moves which we might find to be rather helpful, such as Stealth Rock, U-Turn, and so forth. Other two members of the trio, in comparison, aren't that great, as unfortunate as it may sound.

Design-wise, my favorite would likely have to be Uxie. Its color palettes consist of light blue, grey, and yellow, which, at least in my eyes, seem to complement each other quite beautifully. If it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't have felt the same about for this Pokémon. Second is definitely Mesprit.

Years
As with the majority above, Azelf is my pick for favorite in terms of both design and usability. It gets Nasty Plot, which allows it to hit like a tanker truck if it boosts up. Mesprit's stats are just nothing more than averagely rounded while Uxie is underwhelming (but at least gets Memento). So yeah, Azelf is my clear cut pick of them, I may have used it near the end of the game once or twice before.

Years
Azelf would be my choice. I used it a lot back in D/P/Pt games in the battle tower since it's offensive oriented.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Despite Uxie being more like 'me', I prefer Azelf of the three mainly because of aesthetics. It doesn't have a super weird head like the other two, and blue is a colour I like (lmao).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
Right away I'd have to say Mespirit is my favorite. I adore pink Pokemon and tend to be super biased towards them, so. Also, being the bringer of emotion, I feel I could relate to Mespirit much more than the other two. Bulbapedia also describes it as "playful, but a bit mischievous" which is also totally me. XD
I haven't actually used any of the trio on my teams yet, though! In game OR competitive which is so bizarre since D/P/Pt are my favorite Pokemon games. Well, that will be changing cause they definitely have potential. x3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love the lake trio. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Azelf. I love Azelf's design (even though they're all so similar) and I caught it first. I used it during my first playthrough too so it has sentimental value for me lmao.

I like all three though.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I love all 3 of them. Mesprit is my favorite. It's so cute. Azelf is awesome as well since it's a blue legendary. c:

Years
220px-Lake_guardians_anime.png

revived Sheep's thread

Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie are the three legendary lake guardians introduced in Diamond and Pearl, catchable in Lake Valor, Verity, and Acuity respectively. Which did you prefer? How long did it take you to catch them? Did you use any on your team? Did you like places where they were put?

I caught all except for Mesprit who is roaming around Johto freely. As for the lakes, I love those places, so serene and stuff :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I literally did not care about them as Pokémon lmao. I liked their story, especially in Platinum. I liked their backstory. I like their designs. But not once did I use them for anything haha.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I loved these three actually. There theme is a killer (one of my favourites) and I quite like the different aspects of humanity that they represent. The one I feel most like me would probably be Uxie, but my favourite of the three is definitely Azelf.

Back