• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] A Journey Untold (Chapter one)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
I felt my feet hitting the ground as I ran from the shadow figure behind me. Beads of sweat ran down my forehead as my breath struggled to leave my lungs.
"Stop running, Liza, you're not strong enough to flee."
The shadow figure appeared in front of me, an angry eye looking into my insides, the wild Darkrai that haunted my dreams had once again returned.
"Liza, run!" I heard my father's voice, but couldn't see his face.
Darkrai moved closer to me, the icy aura around it made my body shake.
"Say goodbye, Liza." it whispered.
"Dad! "I shouted before my surroundings disappeared.

"Liza, honey, are you awake?" I heard my mother's voice from the first floor of our horse.
My eyes shot open, sunlight spilled into my room from the open window. My Pikachu, Annie, was still sleeping at the foot of my bed. Her ears shot up as soon as she heard me move.
"Pika?" she cocked her head as she stood up on her hind legs.
I picked her up and hugged her, her soft yellow fur brushed against my face. She had been my best friend for as long as I could remember. My father had given her to me before he disappeared. Annie's trainer had abandoned her at a Pokemon Center when she was a Pichu. She was mangled and skittish, but as time went by she started bonding with me and we became inseperable. Although the pain of my dad disappearing never left, Annie was the glue that was surely going to hold my happiness together. She jumped on my shoulder as I slid out of bed and stomped down the stairs. My mom looked up from the TV in the kitchen.
"Good morning, Liza." she said, her voice sounding almost sing songish.
"Good morning, mom." I said, sitting down at the table.
Annie jumped onto the table, and looked up at my mom.
"I haven't forgotten about you, Annie." my mom put a bowl of Pokemon food down in front of her, and Annie started eating happily.
"Are you excited for today, sweetie? It's been a while since you've talked about going out on an adventure." she forced a smile.
It was true, I was supposed to go out and start an adventure with all of the other kids in Littleroot Town, but I had put it off because my dad went missing, I didn't have it in me.
"Yeah, I guess." I said, fiddling around with some cereal I had just poured into a bowl.
My mom walked up to me and put her hands on my shoulders. Her green eyes looked into mine.
"Don't do this if you aren't ready, honey. I believe you can, though, and I know Annie will protect you. Don't ever forget that if you want to come home, the door will always be open. I love you, Liza."
She pulled me in and hugged me tight.
"I love you too, Mom." I smiled as she let me go.
I finished my cereal and put my bowl in the sink. Annie perked her ears up and jumped off the table back onto my shoulder.
"We can do this, right Annie?" I looked over at her, and her eyes were staring into mine, they looked so full of confidence and belief.
I walked back up room and picked out an outfit, a red tank top and jean shorts. I ran a brush though my blonde hair and put on my shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror before going to say goodbye to my mom and leaving home. My stomach dropped as I looked at myself, I wondered if my dad would be as proud of me as my mom was, sixteen and finally starting a journey to see things that have never been seen. I took a deep breath and started walking down the stairs. I reached the last step and smiled at my mom.
"Oh, Liza you look so beautiful." she said, smiling.
I smiled back, and hugged her.
"I'm ready for this, Mom. I have a PokeNav so you can call me whenever you want." I hugged her once more before I looked around the house I knew.
"I'll be okay, Liza. I have Butterfree to keep me company. Stay safe, my sweet angel." she smiled.
Annie nuzzled my mom and jumped back on my shoulder. I took another deep breath and put my hand on the door handle. I pulled the door open and stepped outside, ready to begin my journey.

This is the end of chapter one. I want honest comments, anything anyone would change, I appreciate it! Chapter two coming soon!

Back