• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(UU) Team "Drapion, come and pwn me please!"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Okay, this was originally going to be titled "Team Dark_Azelf weak (UU)", but no matter how hard I try, I rarely defeat 3 of his pokemon in any one battle. So, basically, I've summed up my one major weakness in the title.

200px-480Uxie.png

@ Light Clay
Impish

252 Hp / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense

Light Screen
Reflect
Stealth Rock
Memento

Major Spikes weak. However, I do like it's longetivity, enabling it to Memento something later. However, I guess Taunt would work....

Always seems to manage to get the screens up...I'm amazed I haven't met an offensive lead yet....

210px-034Nidoking.png

@ Life Orb
Rash
Poison Point

80 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 176 Speed

Superpower
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

I'm still amazed that a really good user of "BoltBeam" isn't electric/water/ice type....

220px-006Charizard.png

@ Expert Belt
Mild

252 Special Attack / 196 Speed / 60 Attack

Fire Blast
Air Slash
Hidden Power Grass
Brick Break

When I sent this out somebody said "And that's what's wrong with BellyZard". Whilst I don't know what is wrong with it....apart from Taunt shuts down the stupid thing when it sets up Sub.....I don't use it, I use SpecialBrickZard. Yeah....name ain't catchin' on fast, is it?

200px-186Politoed.png

@ Leftovers
Sassy
Water Absorb

240 Hp / 128 Defense / 140 Special Defense

Perish Song
Surf
Bounce
Toxic

I went with Toxic over Hypnosis due to...accuracy and generally being more effective. Especially when you could switch in a sleep absorber on Hypnosis, but Toxic will still work.

442Spiritomb.png

@ Leftovers
Calm

252 Hp / 140 Defense / 116 Special Defense

Rest
Sleep Talk
Will-o-Wisp
Dark Pulse

Speaking of sleep absorbers....people were like "haha I sleeped your Spiritomb, now I'll send in a Mismagius to set up on you while you're asleep-oh crap".

Will-o-wisp is a fairly good move, really. Dark Pulse went over Shadow Ball, coz....I dunno actually. It hits normal-types, I guess.

190px-036Clefable.png

@ Life Orb
Quiet
Magic Guard

216 Attack / 76 Speed / 216 Special Attack

Double-Edge
Fire Blast
Grass Knot
Softboiled

Wall-breaker Clefable, right?

Tbh, I'd just added this in because I like the moveset,ability, and design of the pokemon, and was undecided on what to play in my 6th slot.

Could possibly be handy if Charizard gets taken out, but then a Steel/Grass-type pokemon appears in play....

So, I pretty much know Drapion lols at me, as does D_A, and also that Clefable so far is a dead weight.

I've thought if I should try a hardcore stall team, instead of my usual offense-oriented OU teams (and an NU that ran ScarfGabite, which, due to lack of NU ladder on Smogon Server, failed epicly)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Charizard is bad without Spin support, either get in a spinner or get in something like Blaziken or Magmortar over it.

Also, this doesn't seem like a stall team, so why Perish Song on Politoed? You can put in Milotic > Politoed to cover your Drapion weak, as you said you have a big weakness to Drapion.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Except for one thing....

...Drapion outspeeds Nidoking and KOs with Earthquake.....

I'm thinking about swapping Uxie,Nidoking,Charizard,Clefable and going full-on stall:

190px-139Omastar.png

@Leftovers
Bold
Shell Armor

252 Hp / 176 Defense / 80 Special Defense

Surf
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Knock Off

Apparently the best choice for the hazard-laying job...

120px-479Rotom.png

@Light Clay
Timid

252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

Light Screen
Reflect
Thunderbolt
Pain Split

Spin-block. Dual Screens allows me more time for set-up.

180px-031Nidoqueen.png

@Leftovers
Poison Point
Impish

252 Hp / 96 Atk / 160 Def

Stone Edge
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Protect

This, basically, also has dual-purpose. I chose it to replace Nidoking due to its' defensiveness. It absorbs Toxic Spikes, should they appear (although who bothers in UU, I do not know). Stealth Rock means I can prioritise Spikes with my lead. Protect stalls. Earthquake + Stone Edge = powerful coverage.

190px-232Donphan.png

@ Leftovers
Adamant

52 Hp / 252 Atk / 204 Def

Rapid Spin
Roar
Earthquake
Assurance

I do worry about this being too similar to Nidoqueen's moveset....however, Roar + Rapid Spin is a perfect combo for my team.

So, any better? Now I've sorted out what I want to do?

Chains

Psychic Trainer
Years
For your first team (the first one you posted)
I dont see why you need Politoed...
Milotic is far superior at walling.

So id suggest this

Milotic
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.D (Feel free to put some Defense EV's into Sp.D if you want)
Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam / HP Grass
Recover
Haze / Toxic

You could use Haze for Drapion weakness
And I think Magmortar would be better then Charizard if your using him as a mixed attacker....

Magmortar
Mild
84 Atk / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Expert Belt/ Life Orb
Lave Plume / Fire Blast
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Cross Chop

Takes less damage from SR seeing as your team has no Spinner, and has more damage output.

Also you could always swap out Nidoking for Donphan to take care of Drapion, even at +2 he isnt OHKOing Donphan.

Donphan
Adamant / (Could use Impish too...)
52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def
Leftovers
Rapid Spin
Eartquake
Assurance
Ice Shard / Stone Edge

Onto the second team...

From what you have so far your team is extremely Venusaur weak, and that isnt good considering it is the most used Under Used Pokemon

So id suggest Rest Talk Weezing :)

Weezing
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.A
Leftovers
Rest
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb/ Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp/ Thunderbolt/ Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
Bring him in on Saur and absorb the sleep, Physical Saurs are completely shut down and even a Special Timid LO Saur only does about 53% with Leaf Storm

Now your teams extremely weak to strong Special Attackers...
Chansey and Clefable are some good choices

Chansey
252 Def/ 252 Sp.D/ 4 Spe (Id put the Def EV's into HP since you have enough Physical Walls already...)
Wish
Protect
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Wish passing is always helpful

or if you want alittle more Defense but less Special walling capability...

Clefable
Calm
252 HP/ 152 Def/ 100 Sp.D/ 4 Speed
Leftovers/ Flame Orb
Softboiiled/ Wish
Sesimic Toss
Encore
Thunder-Wave/ Trick
Encore set uppers and spam T-Wave, or you can Trick Physical Sweepers and cripple them, is also a wonderfull support Saur counter since its immune to Leech Seed, and once bunred it can be your status absorber (outside of Weezing)

And last but not least the wonderful UU bulky water

Milotic
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.D (Feel free to put some Defense EV's into Sp.D if you want)
Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam / HP Grass
Recover
Haze / Toxic

Covers your mixed attacker problem, and your SubPerior/Torterra wekness

Hope my comments help :)

Last edited:
Back