• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Is there an editing tool that allows you to change what Pokemon trainers have? All types of trainers, route, gym, and gym leaders. (FR hacking)

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Put this into a script after giving the player the regional dex:
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
Thanks, yeah i kept researching and i found that code on wesely fg's website.
I cant get it to work though,
anyone know the script # that proffer birch gives the pokedex so i can test it there?
(I cant seem to find it, im not being lazy)
or if not, how do i make a completely new pokedex script?

Years
Hey, does anyone know what the flag is for talking to May/Brendan at the start of Ruby/Sapphire? The one that lets you onto Route 101 after talking to them and then you witness Prof Birch and the Poochyena/Zigzagoon etc.?

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
Pokemon Leaf Green (trainer add)

Hi all

I´m new here so i hope that i´m in the right section.
I would like to know how to add a completely new Trainer to my Rom and how to give him the pokemon i want.

Yours Sincerely
Salvon

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
I have a feeew more questions...

1. How do I edit the Pokemon Center script that runs when you faint? Where would I be able to find it? The script I mean is the one that sends you the Pokemon Center (or whatever other healing place).

2. This one's related to the former. How do I change the location the player is sent upon fainting? Not just the map, I want to know how to change what specific tile you appear on (normally, you show up right in front of the nurse, for example, and how can you change that?).

Edit: I was holding off on answering because I thought someone would have answered by now, so I'm a little surprised. Buut..
@Salvon: If you scrolled up like 2 posts up, you would have seen the answer... Don't want to sound harsh, but the title asks you to search first for a reason.
But again, here's an application that would allow you to do so; A-Trainer by HackMew. If you are looking for how to do it with scripts, then go here or here.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Okay, I have an ugly looking question:
What went wrong? I have some problem with the start menu; it turned all weird looking and hard to read. What went wrong and how can I fix it?

26089648.png

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay, I have an ugly looking question:
What went wrong? I have some problem with the start menu; it turned all weird looking and hard to read. What went wrong and how can I fix it?

26089648.png

Darthatron already found what causes that problem. I'll quote his post:

Pretty much, you overwrote some image data that may appear to be free space. The 0x148 (328) bytes at 0x00456734-0x0045687C in the ROM need to be 0xFF.

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
Years
on pokemon firered, i inserted some new tiles and now all of a sudden everytime i go through a warp , the screen goes black but i can still hear the music . i would like to know why and how i could fix it ?

please and thank you ?

Years
I've changed the maps for Route 21 in FireRed, as shown in the attachment. For some reason, the Running Shoes won't work in this area, even though they do anywhere else in the game. I don't think the movement permissions are messed up or anything... Any ideas?

Attachments

• route 21.png
    route 21.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 11
Years
I've been searching the forum and reading everything many times, but I still can't understand. Can someone tell me how to edit the Ralts Wally catches and the Zigzagoon he uses? :)

1. How do I edit the Pokemon Center script that runs when you faint? Where would I be able to find it? The script I mean is the one that sends you the Pokemon Center (or whatever other healing place).

2. This one's related to the former. How do I change the location the player is sent upon fainting? Not just the map, I want to know how to change what specific tile you appear on (normally, you show up right in front of the nurse, for example, and how can you change that?).

I can't answer the first one, but I can answer the second one. The game reads where the player has to 'revive'. If it's in a PokéCenter, the player will appear in front of the nurse. In RSE, there is a flight spot in the player's room in front of the TV, and that's where the player will appear. I don't know how it makes the player appears in their house in FR/LG, though.

I've changed the maps for Route 21 in FireRed, as shown in the attachment. For some reason, the Running Shoes won't work in this area, even though they do anywhere else in the game. I don't think the movement permissions are messed up or anything... Any ideas?

Check the header section. Maybe you accidentaly changed where it is to Indoors? You can't run in buildings and if it is set to Indoors, the game will think the map is a building.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Random map crashes!

Hi!

So, yesterday I started mapping, so bear with me here. Basically, what I'm doing is changing pretty simple stuff in Fire Red. The problems we're dealing with here happen in Viridian city. Here is what I changed in Viridian City:

- Wild Pokemon data (made Pokemon appear in grass inside the city)
- Deleted some scripts (signs, useless NPCs, and an item)
- Removed and added some basic aspects to the map, like water tiles etc.

So anyway, I save everything and fired up the ROM and everything was working great! So then, I headed on to Route 2 and into the little room that takes you to Viridian Forest. I made a save point here, and then opened up AdvanceMap again and removed the scripts for the cut trees on Route 2, and also added some tall grass and editted Wild PKMN data. I saved it, closed the editor, and then opend up the emulator again. Route 2 loaded with no problem, but when I tried to re-enter Viridian City, the map froze. I went back to my last save state and tried again. I got the same result. I went into Viridian Forest and fought trainers till all the Pokemon in my part fainted, and then revived at the Viridian City Pokemon center, as that was the last place I had healed. I walked out, and everything worked normally. At this point, I made a savestate. I walked up to Route 2 and walked back into Viridian City without problem. I went back and entered Viridian forest, exited into Route 2, and froze when I entered Viridian City. I reverted to my save state and headed down to Route 1. I walked back up into Viridian City immediately, and encountered no problems. I then went down all the way to Palet Town, and entered my house. I left my house right away and went back into Viridian City, which froze me again. Anyone have any clue what's going on?

Also, please note that the base ROM I am editting is a Moemon hack, but none of the maps or scripts are changed. I have played through it and hacked it before with no issues. I also editted the weather in all the towns and routes without issues.

TL;DR Version: Entering houses outside of Viridian City causes Viridian CIty to crash.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010

I don't think MysticFlames was answered properly. A-Trainer only allows you to edit trainer info, nothing else. I'm wondering these same questions too, so if someone could help us it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Check the header section. Maybe you accidentaly changed where it is to Indoors? You can't run in buildings and if it is set to Indoors, the game will think the map is a building.

Setting the map to indoors doesn't disable running. Whether or not the player can run is dictated by the "Show name upon entering" byte.

KidMartian

Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Hey this is a question for anyone who uses advance map and pksvui. anyway, i need help with scripts. i know how to make scripts, but in advance maps, there is a s in events that stands for scripts and could someone help me change that script and explain what it does for me please. thank you to anyone who can help

Years
Hey this is a question for anyone who uses advance map and pksvui. anyway, i need help with scripts. i know how to make scripts, but in advance maps, there is a s in events that stands for scripts and could someone help me change that script and explain what it does for me please. thank you to anyone who can help

I can help you if you want :) I'm still a beginner, but I'll probably understand it. What's the script? (doubleclick the S to open it)

Years
Setting the map to indoors doesn't disable running. Whether or not the player can run is dictated by the "Show name upon entering" byte.
Really? At the moment it's set to 'Do not show name' in the header. Should I change it to something else?

EDIT: Got it! Just changed it to 'Show village names'. Running Shoes work, and it doesn't show the name 'cus it's the same as what the player's on :D

Last edited:

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
Years
just bumping my question from before .

on pokemon firered, i inserted some new tiles and now all of a sudden everytime i go through a warp , the screen goes black but i can still hear the music . i would like to know why and how i could fix it ?

please and thank you ?

Years
just bumping my question from before .

please and thank you ?

I had this problem a couple of times before. I'm not sure of what I'll tell right now, but I hope it's right. I think the tiles aren't the problem, but the map. Try changing the warp to another map and try again. Sometimes, on rare occasions, maps corrupt, if I'm right. I don't know how, and I may be totally wrong, but I hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back