• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello everyone. It's been a loooong time, huh? =P

I'm happy to announce that this project will be restarted.
It's been two years since I removed the download link from this thread and quit making the game. I know a lot of you were really disappointed in my decision, thought I would post now with a (much) more mature head clearing up the reasons why I did what I did.

This was my first ever attempt at rom hacking, and though I am surprised I managed to get so far, to be honest I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I was just pleased to be making progress. At the time of V3's release, I remember feeling so delighted with it, but the requests for things to be added that I didn't then have the knowledge to implement and the constant bug reports made me feel like it wasn't good enough. I know that criticism is necessary for improvement and that those doing so were trying to help, but at the time, I felt like it was just too much for me to deal with, that nobody really noticed any of my efforts to implement the good actual improvements I'd made and that the best thing to do would be just halt development and leave it dead in the water.

I want to say I'm sorry for acting that way, and that while I realise now that decision was stupid/selfish, I still don't regret stopping. Let's be honest, if I had finished it, it would probably be a mess. While learning through making errors, scripting mistakes I got better, and writing the lore for this game inspired me to create The Ages Of Faith. I have totally fallen in love with my second project, and quality wise it's far superior to my hilariously bad first attempt. It will serve as a prequel to this game, as it is set in the same universe.

The "new" Mirage Of Tales will have a LOT of changes, it will be a complete overhaul of what was there, but the core elements will remain the same. You'll still be able to join Loxar's Gang, Aries' SFS (God how I have missed Aries!), become a Researcher or a Gym Leader etc, you'll still be starting out from school, you'll meet the same characters. There will be place name changes, to match up with The Ages Of Faith and several references to the world's history. Debating whether Azradon will be back, Avara will not. Mega evolution won't be added, PSS and new moves and Fairy type will. I am going to release the games in seperate gender patches so that there will be maximum space for Career-only progression. Many storylines will be rewritten as I played through four times and there were countless little things I would do differently now so that the whole thing makes more sense. And hopefully, there will be less bugs =P

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

All the best,

~Avara

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
This was a very promising hack and I love the unique features it has, especially Careers. I'm happy to see it's back, good luck!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
YES,this was the first hack I played and I loved it flaws and all.Glad to see that its coming back.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Aw yeah, really happy that this is revived. Totally understand why you left, not selfish at all.
Are you planning on adding mega evolutions to the game? Just curious. Good luck with the game and can't wait to play it!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Hello everyone. It's been a loooong time, huh? =P
I'm happy to announce that this project will be restarted.
This is amazing news, Avara!
I'm pretty sure you know, even with the bugs I still loved this project and the ambition of this project, so it's really great to see this revived. It's also amazing that given the time span from when you quit this project until now, your projects have been getting better and better, gameplay wise and graphics wise.

However, this news makes me wonder which project is going to be focused on more currently, this or The Ages of Faith and how you're going to attempt to juggle all of this, but I don't doubt your abilities and I'm sure this is going to be great for you and the projects.

I'm going to echo Christos and morteel by saying good luck with these projects. If you ever need help or advice however, I really don't think I'll be giving much advice, seeing as you've done really well so far already lol feel free to either VM or PM me. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Woah first time playing pokemon with this features
Its like playing harvest moon BUT with more option
Can`t wait

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
This was a very promising hack and I love the unique features it has, especially Careers. I'm happy to see it's back, good luck!

Thanks a million, fingers crossed I don't wreck it this time! =P

Good luck Avara!!! Will absolutely play this amazing hack when it's released!!

Cheers! I appreciate your support =)

I can't wait to adventure with azaradon again. I'm really interested to see how Ages of faiths ties in as well. MoT forever <3 <3 <3

Kenrioku, you're a star! Thank you so much for your years of continued support! <3

YES,this was the first hack I played and I loved it flaws and all.Glad to see that its coming back.

Thanks for all your words of encouragement, from then and now =)

Aw yeah, really happy that this is revived. Totally understand why you left, not selfish at all.
Are you planning on adding mega evolutions to the game? Just curious. Good luck with the game and can't wait to play it!

That's really understanding of you! No plans to add Mega Evo's because I kind of hate them.

This is amazing news, Avara!
I'm pretty sure you know, even with the bugs I still loved this project and the ambition of this project, so it's really great to see this revived. It's also amazing that given the time span from when you quit this project until now, your projects have been getting better and better, gameplay wise and graphics wise.

However, this news makes me wonder which project is going to be focused on more currently, this or The Ages of Faith and how you're going to attempt to juggle all of this, but I don't doubt your abilities and I'm sure this is going to be great for you and the projects.

I'm going to echo Christos and morteel by saying good luck with these projects. If you ever need help or advice however, I really don't think I'll be giving much advice, seeing as you've done really well so far already lol feel free to either VM or PM me. :)

Thank you so much, I'm really grateful! I most likely will need help with stuff in the future so you'll probably regret saying that lol =P

Ages of Faith will be my main focus for now; it just makes more sense, as I'll need to port/rework some of the maps from there over to this hack once they're final since they share some areas. At the same time, though, there are a lot of places that aren't included in AoF, so I could probably get away with like a 3-town alpha before I'd have to start worrying about matching maps haha.

........YEEEEEESSSSSSSS

<3 <3 <3

Woah first time playing pokemon with this features
Its like playing harvest moon BUT with more option
Can`t wait

Me neither! =)

i cant find download link give me please!

The download link got removed years ago, I'll upload something when it's ready!

Alright, I am ready. Good luck on the hack.

Thank you! Hope this time it goes more smoothly.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
TBH though, I remember playing this hack. It was so fantastic that I yelled, "Feed me more updates avaramoon!". Then, the thread got closed. And I was literally, sad that it got closed. But I moved on and played more ROM hacks. Then, two years later, the thread was revived and yup, I was shocked. I ready my computer deleted files for space. I am ready. Good luck again xddd.

Years
Good luck with the revival! It was a shame I couldn't play the original version again (Before I got a computer; used a tablet instead). I hope this'll turn out well.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Oh awesome this is back in action! I remember playing through the old version dozens of times trying different paths and making different teams. I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 12, 2022
Hi avaramoon!

Will the Azradon get updated sprites like the Gen V style?
Good luck with the restart of this project.
I love to play your hacks!!

Back