• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use the sleeping Snorlaxes?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Did you use the sleeping Snorlaxs?

In HG/SS, there are two sleeping Snorlaxs both which block your path which you must first wake up using the Pokeflute station which can be found on your Pokegear, then either defeating or capturing it. What did you do when you encountered it? Did you try to flee or catch or only aim for defeating?

If you caught Snorlax, did you ever use it as a party member? For what purpose, a HM slave or one of your fellow battlers? Perhaps,you stored it in the PC, for it never to see daylight again? But yeah, what did you do with your Snorlax and why?

Discuss <333.

143.gif
143.gif

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
On my first playthrough, I tried to use it but I didn't like it so I boxed it, now I'm just using 6 pokemon and since I'm not planning on having a Snorlax on my team, I'm just going to defeat them.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actualled used the Snorlax as a prime member of my team :P

It also helped me all the way to the E4 and even beat Lance. I just love it's special defense and it's attack stats. I love my female Snorlax xD

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Snorlax are great and I always pick one to be on my team if I can, they are really strong, with good attack as well as HP. But for my run-throughs of HG and SS, I didn't use it, mainly because Snorlax is only available post Hall of Fame, and I always make a six pokemon team for the Elite 4, and after beating them the first time, I didn't really feel like getting rid of a member on my team for it, not after all the training I had done.
So, in short, its a great pokemon to use, but I didn't because it comes after beating the E4 once.

Years
Sadly, I ran out of Poke Balls when trying to catch Snorlax so I had to knock it out.

I don't think I ever planned on using it anyway.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
No I never used snorlax as I have used one in the past in older games. I just put in the breeding center to get a munchlax.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I caught it throughout every journey of mine. I don't know why, I just...caught it because I thought it was ...rare?

Yeah, that's what I think. It's kind of rare... and for that reason I was so upset when I kicked him out accidentally (Don't know why I wasn't looking at the screen.)

Years
I already had a better Snorlax on Fire Red that I was planning to Pal Park over, so I never caught the one in HeartGold. I just knocked it out and moved on. Eventually it came back on Route 12 where it was less in the way, and I've just left it sleeping there to this day.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I caught it for the Pokedex (because on my Soul Silver I cared about the Pokedex ... at least until after I completed the regional one), but I had never used it. I had already had a team built by then so there was no need.

Pillowing

A dash of luck!
Years
I always made room for a snorlax! I just really love the tubby pokemon, haha. And I really liked having a spare to make a little munchlax cutie! This big buster always helped me out in the elite 4.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I always catch event pokemon so I did stock up on ultra balls in advance so I could capture it, but I never used it much. By that point my team was established and I didn't need any other pokemon.

Years
Never have. It was too hard for me to train and I pretty much had my entire team by the time I reached Kanto, so I ended up skipping them every time!

Back