• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
Agetarou works at his family's tonkatsu restaurant in Shibuya, but he's not very excited by the work. One day, he takes a delivery to the staff of a night club, and the worker lets him in to enjoy the club for a while. Agetarou finds that he loves the club, with its relaxed people and cute girls, all enjoying the music supplied by the DJ. He continues going to the club, until the night comes when the guest American DJ Big Master Fly puts on a show. Agetarou is inspired by Big Master Fly, and realizes that the groove of being a DJ is very similar to the groove of being a tonkatsu chef. Now Agetarou is determined to master both disciplines, though he is most excited to become a DJ!

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Apr 10, 2016 to ?
Premiered: Spring 2016
Broadcast: Sundays at 22:15 (JST)
Studios: Studio Deen
Source: Manga
Genres: Comedy, Music, Shounen
Duration: 11 min.
Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Daiki Yamashita as Agetarō Katsumata

Chafurin as DJ Big Master Fly
Keiji Fujiwara as DJ Oily
Kenjiro Tsuda as Shūgo Oshibori
Kouji Ishii as Agesaku Katsumata
M.A.O as Sonoko Hattori
Takashi Matsuyama as Gorō Mizokuro

Staff:

Japanese staff
Japanese cast
Director: Akitaro Daichi
Music: Daisuke Fujiwara (MU-STARS)
Original Concept: Ipyao
Original creator: Yūjirō Koyama

TRAILERS
Spoiler:

77812l.jpg

Years
... there is so much even that I cannot right now.

I just... I mean, I've never gone clubbing before (not really the type who was ever interested), but I'm damn sure clubs haven't had music anything remotely resembling the mock soundtrack this show uses in at least 10 years. At least, the clubs popular with the yutes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I just watched episode 2.

I...don't know how, but it beat the shit out of episode 1.

Drops
Spoiler:

I've never done drugs. Not interested, but Agetarou was definitely the product of several of them at once and also someone sad that Usakame doesn't have the speed that Teekyu does.
Holds a hell of a lot more weight now. Especially considering today.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
It's only episode 2 and I have no regrets watching this

tumblr_o5g9fb5Pup1sfcmugo4_400.gif

All them music is giving me Jet Set Radio vibes.

Back