• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
What Pokemon is good for beating the 7th gym? I'm training up a Mightyena at the moment but I need another one to partner it.

Any Dark Types really, Absol, Crawdaunt, Cacturne, etc. As Xatu and Lunatone only have damaging Psychic moves really. Sharpedo is a good one as it can be caught in the water around Mosdeep City.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
The reason im stuggling is they keep using earthquake and that faints mt pokemon so quick. Should I try a ghost?

Liza and Tate can be really annoying to deal with. \:

Like Vappy said Sharpedo can be really good, since it's Dark type and Water. Meaning it can thrash their entire team. :) But if Sharpedo does die, because it will if Claydol strikes it with an Earthquake, try and bring something with Levitate/Flying type/Ground resistance. A grass Pokemon would do wonders.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
The reason im stuggling is they keep using earthquake and that faints mt pokemon so quick. Should I try a ghost?
Bring a Pokémon with intimidate to lower Claydol's attack at the start of the battle. Switch it out immediately then bring it back in once something faints. A Claydol with -2 attack isn't going to be much of a threat.

Spamming Surf can be also of help since it doesn't damage your own Pokémon in Gen III (which I completely forgot the last time I did that battle) and it hits 3/4 of their Pokémon super effectively. Just make sure to bring something bulky that knows Rain Dance to cancel out Solrock/Xatu's Sunny Day as well as give a boost to your water type moves. If you have a Pokémon that knows Thunder that could also help take out the Xatu due to 100% accuracy in the rain.

Years
What Pokemon is good for beating the 7th gym? I'm training up a Mightyena at the moment but I need another one to partner it.

Well recently I restarted ruby and I decided to end those two with a sharpedo. I had my second one use rain dance (as the others have recommended) And used either surf of crunch to end the battle. That worked for me.
P.S. Maybe try teaching a ghost rain dance to avoid your earthquake problem.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
Finally I have got the 7th badge aand beat team magma.
Where do i go now? I have been to the city under the caves but the gym is locked?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hm. What else have you done? After the 7th gym, you should Dive down on Route 128 and defeat Team Aqua. After that, you should head to Sootopolis, go into the Cave of Origin, talk to Wallace, then head to the Sky Pillar (which is on Route 130 I think?). I assume this is Emerald?

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2011
Okay, I have a rather long-winded question, so here goes:

I am getting ready to restart my FR and am making plans for a good team. However, I have to breed certain pokemon (all from Kanto) in order to construct my team from the start. Can I trade some of the eggs into a game that is pre-E4 or will that do something bad? If I can't do that, could I hatch the eggs in RSE and then trade them (via the un-restarted FR) into the game?

If the above doesn't work, what would be the best course of action?

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
Years
My pokemon ruby cartridge has been crashing lately, with the following error message: The save file is corrupt. The previous save file will be loaded. This is an original us retail cartridge and it has never had any previous problems. I have not used AR or any other cheat/hacks.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay, I have a rather long-winded question, so here goes:

I am getting ready to restart my FR and am making plans for a good team. However, I have to breed certain pokemon (all from Kanto) in order to construct my team from the start. Can I trade some of the eggs into a game that is pre-E4 or will that do something bad? If I can't do that, could I hatch the eggs in RSE and then trade them (via the un-restarted FR) into the game?

If the above doesn't work, what would be the best course of action?

You can't trade eggs in R/S/E/FR/LG. You could hatch the eggs in FireRed, trade them to RSE (assuming you can/have beat the E4) then trade them to the new FireRed. Only Kanto Pokedex Pokemon can be traded to FireRed pre-nationaldex.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Ok, for Emerald, is there any good Pokemon to use against Liza and Tate? I'm stuck o_o

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Ok, for Emerald, is there any good Pokemon to use against Liza and Tate? I'm stuck o_o

If you had a Swampert it would be a good choice since both of its types exploit Solrock's and Lunatone's Rock type weakness. Wailord can be good as well if you can get one, although its speed could be a bit of an issue.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

A good Water Pokemon that doesn't have a second typing that is weak to Psychic. I.E Tentacruel is a bad idea because Claydol and Xatu could own you with Psychic. You could try looking for a Chinchou. Once it evolves into Lanturn it could probably take down Claydol (With help from a teammate) and then proceed to KO Xatu with Thunderbolt/Thunder. Lunatone and Solrock are the easy ones IMO. Lanturn could deal with them, again with help from a teammate.

Make sure if you do use Lanturn that you take down Claydol first; because of Earthquake.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
How can I rechallenge wally in victory road in emerald? I remember a few years back I was able to fight him quite often (Note that this was my first pokemon game I ever got at some point from 2003-5, I don't remembr but I've never restarted it.)

I've been waiting fror weeks to be able to challenge him again but he never shows up as fightable on the pokenav. Is it a specific day of the week that I)'m not trying on? A time? A prerequisite? I've tried talking to him a bunch of times. I've had this game a long time and my game time is maxed out as 999:59. Can I only fight him a certain number of times or something?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Aw bummer. He was good exp. I liked his team too. All I remember was gardevoir, magneton and perhaps an altaria.

I hope you can b more interactive with him in the remake such as being able to fight him a time or two extra along the journy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back