• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
i might play a little bit of Fr today but i dont no

FR update
might play today for the first time in a while

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I'm hunting shiny Aron on my friend's Sapphire at this moment, nothing still. This has been the longest hunt I've ever had to wait through to find a shiny. Painfull. As long as it's not another Sableye the hunt won't have been a waste at the very least.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
I'm hunting shiny Aron on my friend's Sapphire at this moment, nothing still. This has been the longest hunt I've ever had to wait through to find a shiny. Painfull. As long as it's not another Sableye the hunt won't have been a waste at the very least.
How long does it usually take to find a Shiny? I've spent 5 hours on Zapdos and still no starry glimmer or anything. I want to get back to the storyline on FireRed!

Colosseum: Just got Yanma, gonna fight Miror B. pretty soon (gotta get through the building first)

<I>Kobra<I>

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
King Kobra said:
How long does it usually take to find a Shiny? I've spent 5 hours on Zapdos and still no starry glimmer or anything. I want to get back to the storyline on FireRed!

The fastest I've found a shiny in the handheld games is about 80 hours of searching before my Poochyena showed up, the longest is the hunt I'm doing now at 250+ hours without anything. Though I did find a shiny Heracross on Colosseum without reseting for it, so that was the fastest overall at around 45 hours I'd guess.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Ahhh! I'm doing something kinda random instead of my International Business homework *shame.* I'm contacting the Pokemon Company in Japan asking if our group might have some say in determining what the shiny forms of the next generation pokemon look like. It's a long shot, but it would be way fun I think. *SHRUGS!*
That's about it - wish me luck.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
ryan said:
instead of my International Business homework

At least what you are doing involves international business. :-)
No shinies for me today, I have been playing Emerald, not really hunting. It would be nice to run across a shiny though. My first and only shiny was found by chance so maybe my next one will be too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Oooo! That's true!
Well, when I was submitting, I got an error. So I'll have to go back and rewrite it... What a drag! But I'll leave that for tomorrow because right now I'm actually going to focus on my real homework. Is this request something people are comfortable with me doing? I probably should have asked the group first, but I don't think the request will be taken seriously anyway - I was just kinda bored and looking for a fun long shot.
Edit: Offtopic, but in XD are the battles all 2 on 2 like in Coloseum? I'm thinking about asking for it for my birthday, but I don't want to have to tolerate a crapload of 2 on 2 battles again (I hate them).

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
spend 2 hours last night after a shiny syther in the game corner with no luck. hope i get it soon i want to get on with the story. need shiny mewtwo and as someone is going for zapdos i will go for moltres and leave zapdos till last

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
spend 2 hours last night after a shiny syther in the game corner with no luck. hope i get it soon i want to get on with the story. need shiny mewtwo and as someone is going for zapdos i will go for moltres and leave zapdos till last
edit: sorry about double post competer lagging and added 2 instead of 1

Years
Good morning to the SHC! (I'm almost never up at this time, so make the most of it!)

*pops in Crystal*
Ledyba!! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!! ^o^

Anyway, I hatched a few more Chikoritas in Fire Red, but I haven't been playing much. Good luck on all your hunts!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
were i am its 1 pm so i at workits so unfair i wont to train i got no work to do i finished for the day and have another 3 hours to wait which i could use shiny hunting but i didnt bring gba today forgot it. had it yesterday but only got about 10 mins hunting time. wish i had it now :(

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
omg 13 hours for 1 get a female and hatch eggs for it. that is easeir as you can search for more shinys while hatching eggs

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
razer302 said:
Yeah, leave Zapdos to me and my *counts fingers* 5:30 of fruitless searching. If this hunt doesn't digcourage me from hunting for more then I'm going to get all of the Legendary Birds as Shinies (after I trade for Master Balls of course)

Haunter Master: Great idea! I would love to change some of the regulars to shinies if they let us! I think, though, that they just change the color pallete and the sprite colors change with them, just a guess though. If they say "yes", I call first dibs!

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
Hey people, just to let you know i will not be around for a while because of my exams, about a nibth they are spaced out into! So ye, and also my mum has hidden my SP and games lol! So see you soon!

Back