• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
Years
I have an idea, but no clue what to call it. My idea would be you have to catch your entire team before facing the first gym leader, so in RSE you could have Dustox/Beautifly, starter, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Poochyena/Mightyena, etc. Any ideas as to what it could be called?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I think they have something like that called "first come first served" or something like that if i'm not mistaken.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've had this challenge on my mind for a while now. I normally end up quitting a challenge halfway through because I either get bored or don't have the time, but yeah. I figured I might as well mention them in case someone else likes the idea.

PC Claims Challenge
For: all versions
Description: Like the name suggests, you use the Pokemon you've claimed on PC, whether you have 1 or 5 claimed. HM slaves are permitted. If you have a legendary claimed, it can be used. If it's a legendary that requires an event (such as Arceus) you can hack for it, or choose to go without it. If you have a middle or base evolution claimed, you must keep it at that because that's what you have claimed (ex: I would have to keep Quilava...nothing wrong with that though!) Depending on which game it's easier to get all the Pokemon you have claimed, that's what you'd play. Most of mine are Johto, so I'd probably go with GSC or HGSS. Also, the claim thread would have to be checked to make sure you're not lying about your claims. And if you're in the process of getting Pokemon claimed, the post where you claimed them must be linked to upon entering the challenge.

No one has to post this, lol. I just felt like getting it out of my system.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Haha, go through the game with no Pokemon! Can you do it? XD But if you wanna claim a Pokemon, there's a sticky for it in Pokemon General. I suggest waiting for claims to go through though. Makes it easier to scan the list and make sure no one's lying about their claims.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Sydian, someone could change their claims to say Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon and Ho-Oh just to easily beat that challenge and then change their claims back to normal..

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
That wouldn't be too hard though, because my claims are like Starmie, Staraptor, Garchomp, Milotic, and Hippowdon or something.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Never been in this forum before. o_0
Anyway, what about making a challenge, where the person must go through the game using only one evolutionary line, excluding Eevee, and you must use every Pokemon from that evolutionary line.
Like if I ran through with the Machop line, then I would finish the game using only Machop, Machoke and Machamp, however, you can use more than one of the same Pokemon, like I could have four Machamp's, a Machoke and a Machop.
Of course, Pokemon that don't evolve would be prohibited from this challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sydian, someone could change their claims to say Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon and Ho-Oh just to easily beat that challenge and then change their claims back to normal

Well, then we'll take out the rule about pending claims. Besides, Lightning doesn't update that thing everyday, and there's certain times you can claim/unclaim Pokemon (a month, I think?). Besides, I'm thinking most of those Pokemon are claimed by nubs anyway. Ugh. Besides, I don't think people are that stupid enough to bother changing all their claims, and risk losing their holding position with their current claims just to easily take down a challenge.

That wouldn't be too hard though, because my claims are like Starmie, Staraptor, Garchomp, Milotic, and Hippowdon or something.

See, that one's not too bad. That one could easily be done on DPPt...though I think you'd have to trade a Staryu over.

Never been in this forum before. o_0
Anyway, what about making a challenge, where the person must go through the game using only one evolutionary line, excluding Eevee, and you must use every Pokemon from that evolutionary line.
Like if I ran through with the Machop line, then I would finish the game using only Machop, Machoke and Machamp, however, you can use more than one of the same Pokemon, like I could have four Machamp's, a Machoke and a Machop.
Of course, Pokemon that don't evolve would be prohibited from this challenge

Haha, like...mono-evolution line challenge? I guess that would work. I don't think there are any out at the moment. It's kinda more like a mono-species run, but with evolving and not evolving. Ho hum.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Gasp! Sydian made a double post!!! :P

Alternative, would you be able to use like Tyrogue and all three Hitmon's?

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
Idea 1: How about a time limit Challenge using the ingame time tracker? If that isn't enough, how about adding a current challenge as a bonus difficulty.

Idea 2: A multi-monotype challenge, where they need to complete each kind of monotype possible, at least through the 8th gym and two or three HM Slaves

Idea 3: Like the first idea, but instead of just a limit, how about a timeframe?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Idea 1: How about a time limit Challenge using the ingame time tracker? If that isn't enough, how about adding a current challenge as a bonus difficulty.
There is. It's called Project Alpha Fan. The time limit is 1:58
Idea 2: A multi-monotype challenge, where they need to complete each kind of monotype possible, at least through the 8th gym and two or three HM Slaves
I'm pretty sure someone tried to make this for Hoenn, its like a different kind of ultimate Monotype. I know that I'm already working on this (especially for Blue/Red)
Idea 3: Like the first idea, but instead of just a limit, how about a timeframe?
The timeframe would have to be very small, because I breeze through Monotypes where there is already a challenge in just a tad over an hour.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
a good challenge is to do what I'm doing. raise EVERY POKEMON YOU OWN. meaning, keep all the pokemon you've caught at the same level/level them up all the same time. and try to catch every pokemon.

RULES:
1. the challenge lasts until you beat the elite 4 (or if you're playing hg/ss, until you beat it the second time)
2. you have to get every pokemon in the pokedex (the national pokedex doesn't count, just the pokedex of the generation you're playing)
3. you CAN trade (how will you get every pokemon otherwise?). if it makes it easier you can trade every pokemon you have so the exp gain will help the leveling up.
4. Unknown don't count with the leveling up part. but you have to get all the letters. every other pokemon counts.
5. see how high you can get every pokemon's level. can you get them all to lv 100??

it's a good way to get to know all your pokemon. it's fun

one thing I do for this is to have 6 separate pc boxes. one of them is psychic/ghost/dark, another is water/ice, another is fire/electric/dragon, another is rock/ground/steel, another is normal/fighting, and another is grass/bug/poison. yes, I know, there's no flying. but I don't think I've ever came across a pure flying-type. they're all dual types. so I put them in the box of the other type's (ie I put pidgey in the normal/fighting box, murkrow in the dark/ghost/psychic box, etc).
^^
you put one pokemon from each box in your party. the weakest one. then train until you need to go to the pokemon center. heal, then if levels of the pokemon in your party have grown, switch those pokemon out with another pokemon in its corresponding box that's at a lower level. trhat way, the weakest is always in your party and all the pokemon grow together

try it out =D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
What version would this be for?
Do you have to raise a Clefairy separate from a Clefable, or do they count as one?

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
I thought of one, but I might actually participate in it. It's called the "Race to 100" Challenge. It's like a Solo Run except the goal is to reach level 100 instead of beating the Elite Four (which is still optional as they are a good training method) You also could use more than one Pokemon in battle, but you're goal is to level a single Poke up.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I thought of one, but I might actually participate in it. It's called the "Race to 100" Challenge. It's like a Solo Run except the goal is to reach level 100 instead of beating the Elite Four (which is still optional as they are a good training method) You also could use more than one Pokemon in battle, but you're goal is to level a single Poke up.

I would definitely consider doing that. It sounds pretty good, actually. I might make it a solo run though, since I have better luck with one Pokemon, maybe two. I did a duo challenge and ended with my two Pokemon around 75 or 76, so I think I could pull this one off. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I participated in one similar to that, but it was more challenging because the next poster would pick what Pokemon you had to level, and I got stuck with a Male Combee. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back