• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Got an idea for a new Let's Play, guide or review, but not sure what the rest of the forum will think? Then post your ideas here and see! Or do you just want to let us know what sort of content you'll be coming out with soon? Then this thread's for you.

In general, this thread can be used for the above, discussing specific Let's Players in-depth (like why NintendoCapriSun makes me cry from laughing by just screaming at what he gets rewarded with in games), discuss what sort of content you'd like to see in this area more, or anything else related to the area's topics! Even let me know how you think the area is doing. I'd love some feedback, especially since I'm still tinkering with ideas here and there. This thread is for YOU guys, so feel free to use it!

Other than that, have fun and get playing!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
We aren't allowed to post videos are we?

If we were though it would be great to have people post them of their journey throughout the game rather than having to read everything.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
From what I understand, you're allowed to embed the video in the post as long as you're not like 'I made a new video!!! Go on my YouTube to get it!!!' i.e. blatant advertising.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In general, this thread can be used for the above, discussing specific Let's Players in-depth (like why NintendoCapriSun makes me cry from laughing by just screaming at what he gets rewarded with in games),

"Miss me?" "Miss me...no, as a matter of fact, I did not!" "Told ya!" "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME NOTHIN!!!"

You probably didn't see that one yet. :(

We aren't allowed to post videos are we?

If we were though it would be great to have people post them of their journey throughout the game rather than having to read everything.

Pretty much what Manipulation said. However, it practically is an advertisement for your channel, since people might sub to you. BUT...whatever.

I was considering writing another review, but I'm not sure what to write about. Plus, I'm still the only one with a review up. I don't mind the individuality, though.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
"Miss me?" "Miss me...no, as a matter of fact, I did not!" "Told ya!" "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME NOTHIN!!!"

You probably didn't see that one yet. :(

Pretty much what Manipulation said. However, it practically is an advertisement for your channel, since people might sub to you. BUT...whatever.

I was considering writing another review, but I'm not sure what to write about. Plus, I'm still the only one with a review up. I don't mind the individuality, though.

I might end up doing some video reviews of games in an AVGN-lite style, but I still haven't decided...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Aw, not LPing any more hacks? Because man your Quartz LP is good. A video one would be even better.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
That doesn't matter. Why can't LPers get rewarded for their work with new subs? The only reason anyone (or me anyway) makes videos is to read comments/make friends, and getting more subs is the best way to do that. Although, I do agree that blatant advertisements shouldn't be allowed.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I don't mind people subscribing to LPers, but this area is for posting the LPs, not telling us there's a new video out or asking for subs. If people like the videos enough, they'll subscribe. :)

I like subscribing to LPers that are clever and I enjoy, since I have so many breaks at school that I just sit around while I wait for the next class by watching all my favorites playing.

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
I want to do a video playthrough, but no commentary, would that still be good to watch? I want your opinion.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I want to do a video playthrough, but no commentary, would that still be good to watch? I want your opinion.
That's what I did for the first two years. It won't be very popular... but if you try to do an interesting challenge, like a monotype, or solo run, it might attract some attention.

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Uhm.. I was planning to do..

1. Pokemon Topaz
2. Septo conquest
3. Pokemon Brown
4. Pokemon Quartz
5. Pokemon Ruby Destiny, Reign of Legends.

I don't have a mic except for a built in one in my old laptop and it's awful.. So, i wouldn't be able to have commentary..

Yuoaman

Years
Aw, not LPing any more hacks? Because man your Quartz LP is good. A video one would be even better.

I didn't say anything about not doing future hack LPs, just maybe working on some other things in addition.

It's about time someone took up my Let's Play sub-forum idea. : /

Well, to be fair, a lot of people have been wanting this for quite some time now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you're gonna go on no oral commentary, I suggest doing it PinkKittyRose style and editing in commentary with annotations. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How about a FF3/6 review? Would anyone be interested?

Would totally do it if I had played it. :( Maybe you should try to write one. :o My next review might be Ocarina of Time or Pokemon Emerald. I'm not sure.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Would totally do it if I had played it. :( Maybe you should try to write one. :o My next review might be Ocarina of Time or Pokemon Emerald. I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure there are already a million reviews out there of those games... and who hasn't already played them anyway? lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm pretty sure there are already a million reviews out there of those games... and who hasn't already played them anyway? lol

That's a good point...it's also why I chose to do Mother 3. In that case, it might be a while before I do another review. It'd be nice if I could just showcase games that not many people have gotten to play, or those that might be underrated.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
That's a good point...it's also why I chose to do Mother 3. In that case, it might be a while before I do another review. It'd be nice if I could just showcase games that not many people have gotten to play, or those that might be underrated.
It's probably good to do at least one really super popular game, just so people can accurately compare you with other reviewers, but generally, I'd say it's better to stay away from games like that.

Yuoaman

Years
It's probably good to do at least one really super popular game, just so people can accurately compare you with other reviewers, but generally, I'd say it's better to stay away from games like that.

I'm actually a big fan of people who stick with lesser known games, because they usually contain more of their own opinions and not nearly as many recycled comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back