• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
You know Altix, your principal may surprise you! Just because he's old and from Idaho (is Idaho not gay friendly? I know the high school doesn't seem to be but high schools everywhere are notorious for being anti-gay), doesn't mean he'll necessarily be as small-minded as your classmates.

Sometimes people are better than we give them credit for :D

Altix

Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark
Years
I got a reply!
[FONT=&quot]"Hi …it's great to hear from you. Just visit with me and we'll sit down and talk about what you're are thinking about. I appreciate you taking the initiative to get something going.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr. Hammons"[/FONT]

Years
I got a reply!
[FONT=&quot]"Hi …it's great to hear from you. Just visit with me and we'll sit down and talk about what you're are thinking about. I appreciate you taking the initiative to get something going.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr. Hammons"[/FONT]
Hey, that's great. Now you have a chance to make your case face-to-face. It would be great if you could get someone else like a friend or teacher to come with you, too.

Shining Raichu

Years
Aw, nobody's befriended you yet? Oh well, it's only very early days, I'm sure you'll find some people soon :D. Maybe you'll even meet some through the GSA if you're allowed to start it!

Altix

Years
kinda what I was hoping. Maybe subconsciously making a gsa is my evil plan to make friends? XD

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Good luck with that Altix :)

Y'know I feel that this thread deserves some more love
*hugs thread*

I other news regarding myself, I recently began going to a High School which is incredibly friendly with everyone... So friendly that its scary... Well, at least it's not filled with a lot of homophobes...

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
As in, tough/scray looking guys saying -Hello there, stranger!!!!!111!!!one, How are ya?!- and girls that suddenly are your best friends, even when you have never talked to them...

That kind of 'friendly'.

Not that I complain, it's easier to make friends that way :)
And with friends come teamwork solving seemingly impossible Algebra stuff :P

Altix

Years
Been a week....Finally replied to his e-mail XD

Me: Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was going to inquire about contacting you at the school. At my last school you had to have a office pass to visit the Principal, or Vice Principal. What is the policy at Notmyrealschool? I am also going to tell you the group I want to create is a Gay-Straight Alliance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Just checking in! I'm still roommateless and I don't think I'll get one again, yay!

And one of the Pride groups that I'm apart of on campus is named The Rainbow Connection. I thought that was pretty cool.

Shining Raichu

Years
:O Is it really? That's amazing! Scarf came up with The Rainbow Connection here - Scarf, did you know about this?!

That's also good about the roommate thing, house to yourself! So long as it doesn't increase your rent D:

And Altix that's great! Let us know what he responds with! You might want to edit out the name of your school, though. You never know where creepers could be on the internet :P

Altix

Years
Thats nice retro bug. Have fun being lonely, and deppressed all by yourself MWAHAHA...lol jk :P

Yes, School name...Return!

Kiyoshi2

....Wait, excuse me?
Years
GAH I FEEL SO NAKED IN THIS ACCOUNT.

Anyways, this all reminds me of something my town's middle school did after I left. Apparently, a GSA did kind of get formed there when I was a sophomore. Except, they couldn't call it "Gay Straight Alliance" because it had the word "gay" in it. Because in eigth grade, calling someone "gay" is srs bns.

So they had to call it "Labels are for Cans," and it was run by the lovely art teacher there whom everyone liked but I can't help but think disliked me for some reason but whatever. In my junior year, we actually had an influx of freshmen joining the GSA in our high school from that club. But, they originally had a lot less people in their club to start, because no one really knew what it was from the name.

So it was partially successful, but then again, I live in a generally accepting area where the GSA is actually the biggest club in the school. So I'm probably one of those bastards skewing up the statistics. Look at me and my fancy statistics class talk.

Years
GAH I FEEL SO NAKED IN THIS ACCOUNT.

Anyways, this all reminds me of something my town's middle school did after I left. Apparently, a GSA did kind of get formed there when I was a sophomore. Except, they couldn't call it "Gay Straight Alliance" because it had the word "gay" in it. Because in eigth grade, calling someone "gay" is srs bns.

So they had to call it "Labels are for Cans," and it was run by the lovely art teacher there whom everyone liked but I can't help but think disliked me for some reason but whatever. In my junior year, we actually had an influx of freshmen joining the GSA in our high school from that club. But, they originally had a lot less people in their club to start, because no one really knew what it was from the name.

So it was partially successful, but then again, I live in a generally accepting area where the GSA is actually the biggest club in the school. So I'm probably one of those bastards skewing up the statistics. Look at me and my fancy statistics class talk.
Look, someone's naked!

My high school had a GSA (which I helped found, thank you very much), but after an initial influx of students it died down to about 5 girls once all the boys realized they knew everyone who was gay in school and that they weren't going to find anyone to hook up with and as much as we tried to make our club useful there wasn't much we could do except exist and hope that if anyone had problems they would know we were there.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My high school was Catholic. Surprisingly the principal (a nun) was really sympathetic to issues in the school relating to gay rights, such as harsh punishment on people that bullied others for their sexuality, but she drew the line at GSAs and at allowing same-sex couples to go to prom together. It always seemed like she didn't want to though, the way she phrased it, but she had to because otherwise they would lose the Catholic Church's funding lol.

Notre Dame also won't give us a decision on if they'll allow us to have an official GSA either. D; They're in a bad position because they want to be progressive but a lot of their money comes from old Catholic donors that would pull their support if they started becoming more un-Catholic haha. They had enough of an uproar over Obama coming to speak...sighhh.

Back