• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Celedon? Well don't get me wrong, it has alot of attractions. It has the Game Corner, the department store which sells alot of rare goods, and the gym there, but I usually find the city to be pretty grimy. I managed to live with it nonetheless though." Mark said.

"That and pollution there is pretty awful. They got a pond full of Grimer which hasn't been cleared out. I try to steer clear from it. Still though, Snype over here loves the city. He sees it as a big playground. So I guess as long as I'm with this guy, I'll see myself living in the big city for awhile." He continued.

The Raikou Dorm building could be seen in the distance. It was smaller looking then the other dorm buildings but was roomy enough to hold the same amount of people.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Mitzi Abelle

Mitzi could kind of understand that, having a personal preference for cleaner cities herself. She voiced this opinion, "Sounds like Veilstone. I would have to go there sometimes, growing up, and it was just too crowded and nasty for my tastes."

She remembered Veilstone very well, actually, and of all the places in the Sinnoh Region, that had to be her least favorite. Maybe she had made a bad analogy.

"So where do you want to live then?" Mitzi asked, "Celadon, or some other big city?" Interestingly enough, she hadn't even pondered that question for herself yet.

She saw the dorm in the distance now. Or, she at least assumed that was it, and was about to comment, but refrained so as not to be overwhelming with so many questions. And she was just full of questions right now.

Megaman765

Years
"Eh, probobly somewhere a bit more Suburan. Somewhere thats a bit more quiet then the city. Snype would probobly get bored but then again, he might find some of his own ways to entertain himself when he's bored. Either way, I can live with the city. I grew up there after all so its grown on me. The trainer academy is a nice change of pace though." Mark said.

Snype really wanted to lay down on something comfy. He felt like he hadn't slept in ages with the adventures he had that day. They eventually made it to the Dorm building's front doors.

"Well here we are! All you gotta do is check in at the front desk and you should have your room in no time!" Mark said.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Julius

"My name is Julius." Julius told Wess as he watched Arti head off to put his pokemon to sleep. He supposed that some pokemon preffered to sleep outside of their pokeballs. It was something Julius had necessarily thought about. "Really, I have nothing to do this evening. If I go to the dorm now, I'll just lay in my bed in read until midnight, so I might as well help you, right? Besides, the excercise might be good for me. How do you intend to find the Quagsire? Lure it out? Or search for it on foot?"

Aloin

Aloin was now impressed. The boy had chosen to attack with a move that turned his own attack against him. Against a fighting type, it was especially effective, even if it had a type disadvantage of dark vs. fighting. Against a Gallade, it was even better due to being neutral against a psychic/fighting dual type. Perhaps this boy had been paying attention to what Aloin was saying after all. Since Ghost types were particularly good at utilizing the holes in the opponent's fighting style, he would have to be careful as well. Fighting attacks wouldn't effect Haunter, but this Gallade in particular was built to handle potential threats, such as this. But with the damage he'd taken already, Aloin wasn't sure how much longer he'd last.

"How are you feeling, D'Artagnan?"

The Gallade swung one arm out toward Aloin with a grunt, indicating that it wasn't down yet. Gallade would be willing to go down to the Haunter even if it meant continuing to go easy on the boy, but Aloin was having a change of heart. Despite the way the boy acted, he was no amateur.

"Alright then," Aloin sighed. "First of, Alex, let me praise you on your choice just now. Very well coordinated and thoughtful--you took the information I've been feeding you thus far and used it, I'm hoping. But it's also risky. If your attack had knocked D'Artagnan out, you'd be in the clear. But since he survived the attack, it leaves you quite vulnerable to a dangerous rebuttle. D'Artagnan, psycho cut!"

The Gallade's elbow blades extended once more as it moved swiftly forward, using the rare technique that complimented the pokemon's unqique typing perfectly--the STAB of it's psychic side and the physical attack power of its fighting side. The invisible blade shot forward to cleave into the Haunter's near intangible body with a swift motion as the Gallade pressed forward unrelentingly.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Mitzi Abelle

So this was it. Mitzi took a moment just to stare at the building, careful not to get too caught up in her examination. Well, she had finally arrived, and it just now occurred to her how tired she really was.

Yawning, the girl walked toward the door, leaning back against it and looking at Mark. "Thank you," she said, "you have no idea how much trouble you've saved me."

She smiled just a bit, finishing off with, "Well I'll see you again then?" Then she added, "Er...well, unless you're going inside too." That elicited a laugh on her part.

Flyborg

I was halfway to Gotham City
Years
Wess Stacker

I'd say Muddy is pretty hungry by now, so luring him out would be the best idea. Good thinking, I never even thought of that." Replied Wess.

Now for the next problem, what to use as bait? Wess gave his last poffin out on the ship. He really needed to go to oak town toworrow to buy some, that and some TM's he had his eye on. "Does anyone have any poffin or somthing?" I promise to pay them back.

Last edited:

Meeptasm

Eevee of Mystery
Years
Meep (Suicune Dorm Lobby)

After resting for a couple of minutes, Meep decided to get up from the chair and start exploring the campus... Until a sudden realization came into his mind.

Hold on, how am I even supposed to explore if I just got lost in the dorm halls?! he thought to himself. I have no idea where to start, and I don't know anyone that can help me! Oh, this is bad...

He looked around with a frightened expression. How would he walk up to a random stranger and ask for assistance? It might make them think he was totally clueless!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - near the pokemon center

Jack mentioned that it was getting pretty dark outside, that's when Kilik mentioned the rocky moutains, it actualy could be quite interesting to explore there. But Jack was kinda right, it WAS getting dark outside so would that be a good idea?

'Hey! Count me in too!' Yuki came out her pokeball and used telepathy to talk. 'Yuki...' Ruby awkwardly smiled. 'Wait! That is it!' Ruby smiled at the Zorua who just gave her a great idea. 'Jack? You said it was dark outside, right?' Ruby glanced at him with her shiny Aqua eyes.

'Yuki? Can you transform into a Empardos to light our way to the rocky mountains?' Ruby asked her little Zorua. 'No problem Rubs!' Yuki slowly transformed into a Empardos. 'Problem solved~' Ruby smiled. 'What do ya guys think?' Ruby asked Kilik and Jack.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

George stayed quiet as the others sorted what they were going to do to find the Quagsire. Then Wess asked if anyone had anything to lure out the pokemon and George spoke up.
"I have a bag of pokemon food left over from a little earlier." He dug inside his pack and pulled out the plastic bag of food presenting it to Wess.
"This should do the trick."

Flyborg

Years
Wess Stacker

"Thanks man, now we should just wait on Arti."

Wess never expected to find such generous and thoughtful people at the acadamy. This place is already starting to feel like home.

Franklin whimpered at the sight of the food presented to his trainer. "Calm down boy, this is for Muddy. You ate half your weight in poffin on the way here! I guess I should introduce you guys to this little guy nestled up in my hair; his name is Franklin."

Years
Jack Jacobs
Pokemon Center

At least Ruby was behaving sensible and gave them a fighting chance in the darkness on the mountain when she decided to have her Zorua transform into a Ampharos to light their path on the mountain. Seemed like there was no fighting it the two of them were determined to explore and to walk away now and here that anything happened to them, Jack would feel a little responsible. "Ok lets go then"

Blade took the first steps out of the pokemon center Jack was going to act as a kind of protector for Ruby and Kilik but he would never tell them such a thing. Jack was a protective sort of person and even though he wasn't the greatest of friends with the two he still wanted to keep them safe. Jack took out his little map as he left the pokemon center and waited on them to come out "I hope those two know what their doing" he whispered to himself.

Maybe he was being paranoid but the only thing he could do was expect the unexpected and wait till they reach their destination....

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Pokemon Center->Rocky Mountains & Caves

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png

So what if it was dark? That just makes it more challenging! Still, if they decide not to come, Deino will have to wait another day. At that moment, Ruby's Zorua, Yuki, pops out of nowhere as if she's a model. It's better than getting splashed in swamp goo anyway. Erasing embarressing field trip memory!

"Jack? You said it was dark outside, right?" Ruby asked Jack, who responded. She told Yuki to transform into an Ampharos, & Ampharos she became. Now they can light their way to the mountains & caves. The two finally agree, knowing on the way it'll be safe, which brings down the fun meter. It still beats getting murdered in the dark without knowing!

"Ok lets go then," Jack agreed. Looks like everything was set. Tentou already went towards the exit, waiting for Kilik. Kilik just rubbed his head as he followed his Shinx. "Let's hope Yuki is more reliable than Mistress," he adds, "who is now a Zoroark, if I may add." They might as well know how Kilik is now, as this is getting his mind off his father. At least now Ruby knows Kilik has a Zoroark now.

My journey is just starting.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Oak Town

Ring!

Danielle, Mienfoo, and Ozzy exited the Pokemon Mart together after a few moments shopping for items. Danielle did came out with a small brown bag. It had two TM's and three Super Potions. She stopped in the middle of the empty pathway, taking out a TM disc from the bag. "Flash" it read. She opened the disc and shows it to Ozzy.

"Ok, Ozzy." Danielle said, "You're going to learn a new move, ok? This is Flash. It's going to have your tail light up in dark places so you can let us lead the way."

"Pachi Pachii?" Ozzy was a bit confused, as he never used a TM before.

"I'm quite excited that TM's are unlimited. I can use them whenever." Danielle said to herself and hands the disc to Ozzy. "Here. Take your time learning it."

Ozzy got the disc and held it tight. He closed his eyes, his cheeks start to spark a bit. A tiny spark fell on Mienfoo's head, tingling it a little. "Fooooo!"

A few moments later, he opened his eyes. Holding the TM disc still, he stepped ahead to try out his new move. His tail starts to illuminate bright white light, like a light bulb. It became so bright that Danielle had to take out her sunglasses to cover her eyes. She then noticed a pathway that leads to a forest. But there was something else from afar...there was a lone Vulpix walking by inside the forest. It was sniffing the ground, but it was interrupted by the light from Ozzy. It looked up, glancing at the trainer and her Pokemon. Suddenly, the Vulpix threw spots of fire at them, becoming a bit cranky of the bright light.

"Ah!" Danielle screamed and tried to cover herself from the Ember. Mienfoo jumps ahead and pushes Danielle away. Ozzy, however, was taken a hit from the attack. Danielle fell on the ground, recovering quick by getting up. She thanked Mienfoo quick, but afterwards he decides to storm off once again. "Mienfoo! Where are you going?"

"Mien!" Mienfoo roared and runs off. Ozzy decides to run off with Mienfoo as well. The glow was starting to fade away slowly, as Danielle tried to catch up to it by standing up and running away.

"Guys!!! Get back here!!" Danielle yelled. She took out a Pokeball and released Sector.

"Yaaaaanma!" Sector cried, flying next to Danielle.

"Sector. Let's go. We gotta find Mienfoo and Ozzy, as well as that pesky little Vulpix!" Danielle shouted. It was only a matter of time to find them. Danielle was very grateful that Mienfoo pushed her away from the Ember. Now who knows if Ozzy is severely hurt from the Ember.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark smiled at Mitzi and walked toward the door.

"Ah, like I said, I was on my way here. I got to go up to my room and do a bit of stuff for tommorow. I've been trying to form some strategies with my team. So far I think I'm close to getting something good together." Mark said, still thinking of how to make some of his pokemon's moves work.

Mark opened the door, leaving it open for Mitzi to go in out of his own common curtuosy.

"Hey if you got Pokegear or something like that I can throw you my number if you want to keep in contact. I've met a few new people myself today. Seems to be a theme today. Hehe." Mark said.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Artemesio

Arti briskly walked towards the others, they were conversing about Quagsire, and how to catch him. Arti approched just as Wess said, "This is Franklin..."

"Hey! I'm back! Lets get going, your Quagsire might get hurt by wild pokemon in the dark."

Arti remembered something. He pulled Larry's ball out of his pocket, and let him out. Larry was more or less furious, and jumped on Arti, shocking him. He was used to Larry by now, so the shocks didn't make him jump anymore, except when taken by surprize like last time. He got his fingers around him and managed to pry Larry off before his entire body went numb.

"Larry! No! Bad Larry! I know you're upset, but this is why I locked you up in the first place!"

Larry blinked a few times, and the current going through Arti's hands stopped. Arti sighed, he didn't want to spaz out like last time. He put Larry on the ground.

"Hey, this is Larry. He's my newest pokemon, and we don't always see eye to eye. But earlier I noticed that Larry illuminated the air around him, so he should be pretty useful in our search. And he wouldn't hurt you guys, just me. So don't worry about his....behaivor."

Larry screeched, making Arti flinch slightly. But after that he behaived. Arti gave a cheesy smile, trying to convince the others that Larry was pretty harmless.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Julius

Julius was confused as Wess mentioned poffins. Wasn't that the food used in Sinnoh, particularly by contest coordinators? He'd never gotten the chance to ever feed one to his pokemon before--or taste one himself. He'd only tasted pokeblocks, but he was sure that poffins tasted completely different. What was the difference? The texture? The form? The way it was made? Julius was curious.

So he was mildly dissapointed as George brought out a bag of normal pokemon food. He didn't say anything, of course, since it would have been selfish of him. If it lured the Quagsire out, then problem solved.

"Tropius can waft the scent as far as it can with its wings." Julius suggested. "That way, we'll have a better chance of luring out the Quagsire."

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Mitzi Abelle

"What kind of...?" Mitzi trailed off when the realization hit that the door was being held open for her. She paced through, answering the gesture with a hurried, "Thank you!"

Regaining her composure she returned to her initial question. "What kind of strategies are you working on?" she asked. Mitzi didn't know very much about strategic battling, but she asked anyways because she was genuinely interested.

Oh, and a Pokegear... They weren't quite so common in Sinnoh, but her parents had gotten her one very recently. Mitzi now realized that this might be the reason why. She plunged her hand into the pocket of her shorts, bringing it back up with a purple and red device in hand. It still looked a little strange to her.

"I wouldn't mind to exchange numbers. It might be useful" she mused. "Or at least reassuring."

Years
C.J. Styles

C.J. steps off the ship with a displeasured look on his face. "Humph," he said aloud, "this place doesn't look as glorifying as it's made out to be." He was talking to his Deino, Ace, who seemed to have the same displeased look on his face.

"Come on, we're heading straight to Oak Town," C.J. said, "I have something to do, then we will head to the Suicune dorm and get unpacked. Maybe if there's time left we can do some training. Okay?" "DEINO!" Ace proclaimed in excitement. The blind Dragon loved to train and better itself.
"Remember, we are hear to learn as much as to train. Next time she won't win." C.J. said as he started to walk through the town, Ace walking along side. He had studied the islands maps for the last few weeks before his departure so he had a pretty good idea on where he was going. "I refuse to lose again." he said softly, eying his partner.

He knew his Pokemon were not the strongest but he was confident in their abilities. Over the next few days he planned to train them as much as possible, be it through battles or other means he didn't care, and with classes on top of that, he had a lot of work cut out for him.

A small arrogant smirk emerged on his face, "This could be fun." "Deino!" Ace voiced his agreement. At that moment he realised that he hadn't had his other Pokemon out in quite some time. Pulling two Poke balls off their respective spots on his belt he tossed them in the air, "Come on out guys," he said, "you could use some fresh air." From the red hued light two Pokemon emerged, one a young Axew who immediately climbed her way up to C.J.'s shoulder the other a darker then average colored Bagon. "BAGON!" he exclaimed as it stretched.
"Alright, let's go. We have a lot to do and need to get it over with as soon as possible."

With that they continued on their way.

Last edited:

Flyborg

Years
Wess Stacker

Yet another good idea from Julius thought Wess. He really is bright.

"Thanks for all the help guys". Wess placed George's pokemon food on the ground. While Muddy was more used to the poffin Wess got back in Gateon Port.
He was certainly no picky eater.

"Okay Julius, now it's up to your tropius." Wess said as he made an exaggerated bowing gesture.

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded and told her his Pokegear number so that she could input it into hers. Mark half expected her to have some other device. Guess Pokegears were sold outside of Kanto and Johto as well.

"Well, I guess one thing I've been trying to do is to find a way to have all of my pokemon seemingly work together even while they aren't in battle. I think Able might have the potential to do that kind of thing but I need to remember what that move was..." Mark said. He had a few other strategies but he didn't want to give those away. Last thing he needs is for it to be used against him.

Back