• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hatred's Black Story

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
If any of you were wondering whatever happened to TRBG, don't worry, I still plan to update it soon. I'm not going to stop it or anything, I just don't have motivation to work on it. So therefore, I will document a new run to take up my time. This was pretty much the 2nd nuzrun I have ever done, and is so far one of my favourites, and so I will document it as a story run. I have never done a story run before, hopefully this goes well.

Of course with this being one of my first nuzruns, the rules are simple: Faint=Death, catch first encounter, and dupes clause.

Naw I actually managed to find my ruleset for this run, shockingly enough.
Rules:
Spoiler:

ToC:
Spoiler:

Episode 1-The journey begins.

Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Notes
Spoiler:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Episode 2-Into the routes
Spoiler:

Notes
Spoiler:

Bay

Years
Hi! It's always interesting to see Nuzlocke runs being formatted in story form.

So far seems not too much is going on, Hatred just starting her journey. I feel the transition from Chapter One to Chapter Two was so sudden, though. While I understand this is a Nuzlocke story and you'll document what happened, you're also writing a story which you'll need to be able to get the pacing right (I've written for several years and I'm still unsure of my pacing sometimes, lol). For instance, I think you can greatly expand Chapter One by having Hatred and her friend having a conversation together and Hatred let it slip she'll be going on a Pokemon challenge.

Chapter Two could be expanded too, though I'm not sure what will happen on your Nuzlocke run. Best advice is perhaps add whatever the next few events be into the second chapter.

Sorry if this seems overwhelming! I do see this story having potential and was giving suggestions on how to give more details on your first couple of chapters. If there's something you don't understand don't hesitate to ask and I wish you luck on both the story and the nuzlocke run!

Back