• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region Champion: Ideas/Questions

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I've always wondered, why don't we become the champion after defeating the elite 4 and previous champion. Sure, maybe we get the title...But no recognition and we don't actually become the champion.

I think it would be cool if like once or twice a week you were called back to the elite 4 to defend your title. It could also use the player generator like in PWT.

Thoughts?

Also it would be awesome if above the region champion was the Mutli-Regional, and World Champions.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
Years
What they need to do is make it so you could go to different Pokemon tournaments in game after beating the Elite 4. It would use the player generator in PWT and they would happen once a week. You could chose whether or not you wanted to go that week so it wouldn't be bothersome. If you win you would get certain prizes (Master Ball, Lucky Egg, etc..) and an in-game trophy that would go in your room.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
I feel that something like what's in the Ruby hack Pokemon Light Platinum, having a World Championship. For example, you beat the Johto league, then go onto to Kanto, become the champion of one of them. Then BAM! World Championship, all champions go up against eachother. Or maybe (And I'm just saying this because I love the idea.) we could go through every region, like start out in Kanto, beat it. Save and place pokemon in PC, move to Johto, begin with starter, beat it, put in PC... Repeat. After beating a new league, special events happen in other regions, like Kanto has a new upcoming opponent, DEFEND YOUR TITLE!

Sorry, if that all sounds crazy. The thing I forgot to mention, you cannot use your old pokemon until after you beat the new league.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
They really need to acknowledge this in the plot. Like after beating the Elite 4 for the first time, the champion, say Alder, would say something along the lines of, "You're still very young and there's still a large world for you to see. I will defend your spot while you travel." And whenever you come back to fight the Elite 4 again, rather than treating it like something special, it would just be "Oh hello again Champion, it would be an honor to train against you."

Obviously this is suckish dialogue, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm trying to say.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Hmm, defending your title after becoming champion would be an awesome idea. Nut then again, it would we rather awkward if some random NPC beat you and then they became champion, and now you need to beat the Elite 4 again to just challenge this guy so you can become champion again.

They really need to acknowledge this in the plot. Like after beating the Elite 4 for the first time, the champion, say Alder, would say something along the lines of, "You're still very young and there's still a large world for you to see. I will defend your spot while you travel." And whenever you come back to fight the Elite 4 again, rather than treating it like something special, it would just be "Oh hello again Champion, it would be an honor to train against you."

Obviously this is suckish dialogue, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm trying to say.

I really like this idea. This would be perfect if they implemented this in future Pokemon games.

Years
I've always thought this whole deal with being a champion to be an oddity as well. It's like they had some sort of amnesia after registering the character in the hall of fame... or something.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday

Yes. Out of all the plot problems in pokémon, this is the only one that has consistently irritated me from day 1 to present. And you've pretty much described my perfect antidote for the situation.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I have to agree. It's like as soon as you beat the Elite 4 and Champion, everyone forgets that you exist. If you really became the Champion of a region, you would have fangirls (and boys) everywhere you went. Obviously that would be annoying, but it'd be nice to get some recognition from people. Not to mention you would obviously have challengers, but it seems like the original Champions are like "Yeah, you beat me, but I'm going to keep my title. Kthxbai."

Back