• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Immune system

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
How do you guys go about keeping a strong immune system? I'm pretty sure none of us like being sick so everyone's gotta have some way of preventing harmful germs into their body.

For me, I take multivitamins and drink chamomile tea. I swear chamomile heals almost everything.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I pick my nose, scratch my ass, don't wash my hands, etc. I never get sick, and haven't been sick for years. The last time I had a stuffy nose was because of smog.

Maybe it's because I swam in raw sewage or something, I dunno. I fucking hate antibiotic bullshit though. Maybe that has something to do with my resilient immune system? I'm a carrier for sickle cell too. The last time I vomited was over ten years ago.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
For me, I take multivitamins and drink chamomile tea. I swear chamomile heals almost everything.

+green +fennel tea

idk I like my herbal tea and I hate my diet. I've been illness free for nearly 15 months (I typed minutes by mistake before gg George) so I must be doing something right! (Previously, I was ill four years in a row at the start of October)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
MY immune system is pretty badass on its own, so there's nothing I go out of my way to do. In my entire adult life I've only gotten a few colds, a UTI and some con crud a couple years ago. Haven't even had the flu since God knows when and I never get the shots. I live alone and mostly go out only to go to work and run errands during winter so I'm certainly less likely to catch things by default.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I wasn't expecting that so many people would be saying that they rarely get sick/have strong immune systems. I thought that was a rare thing. Then again 8 or 9 people isn't exactly a representative sample.

I'm also one of those people who don't really go out of their way to keep their immune systems strong but hardly ever gets sick (I do get the occasional vaccination, but still). I think that the last time I was legitimately sick was high school.

My sister on the other hand gets sick somewhat often. She has the flu right now. We had all gotten flu shots a couple of months ago that covered 4 of the 6 flu strains common these days or something.....and she got one of the two that it didn't cover.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
In general I have a fairly strong immune system, due to the fact that I very rarely get colds, and I've never had the flu. The last time I was really bad was when I had the Norovirus back in January 2012.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I am a ridiculous hand sanitizer. Though sometimes I get lazy and I don't do it, I try to keep my hands generally clean. Oh and I take vitamins too, to compensate for the vitamins that a medicine I take removes. Trying to eat healthy as well, although that's more to do with weight loss than preventing sick. Oh and I got a flu shot too.

Overall, sometimes I get sick, and sometimes I don't. It's not too excessive, but not enough to say that I have a crazy good immune system. Or maybe it is. I don't really know who I'm comparing myself to, and what the standards are.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
I don't get sick often so my immune system is pretty strong on it's own. When I do get sick it's always little colds that are pretty harmless, and that's usually once a year. I do wash my hands A LOT since I am around animals so that helps. I may go a bit overboard though because my hands get really dry ;_;

When I was in school, I'd disinfect my phone every weekend, case and all. I have it on the desk sometimes and God knows what people put/do on those things. For now, it's about every other week because I do sleep with it and I hate to think of extra germs crawling in my bed. My laptop I disinfect only on breaks. I didn't bring it to school much so I didn't need to disinfect it as much.

I eat pretty healthy but I don't go out of my way to eat anything special to boost my immune system.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Drink beer and eat pizza, I haven't been sick in over 2 years. I use common sense, if I know someone is sick and contagious, then I will stay away from them. I'm lucky, my brother gets sick all the time with sore throat, upset stomach, etc.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm a pretty healthy person, if I do say so myself. Recently my sister got the flu and I didn't try to stay away from her (it's still holiday vacation, so it's totally fine if I get sick or something) but I didn't get infected. I don't really do anything to keep my immune system strong, though.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've got a pretty strong immune system. I haven't had the flu in probably about 5-6 years and I haven't gotten it yet this year despite pretty much everyone at work having it. *knock on wood*

I'm prone to getting about two colds per year and maybe a sinus infection once every year or two, but other than that and a few other blips here and there, I've been fairly healthy my whole life. I don't really do anything special either, other than wash or sanitize my hands regularly.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I... don't do anything in particular. Just try not to be extravagantly unhealthy?

I should probably do something though considering I got sick three times in the same number of months :\

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I get a bug maybe once or twice a year, but it usually isn't much more than upper respiratory infection. The last time I was sick was in July, I got some crazy 24 hour bug on my boyfriend's birthday and my fever spiked to like 103.5 or something. That sucked lol.

But yeah, I don't do anything special to stay healthy. I do usually drink about 3/4 of a gallon of water per day, and I wash my hands pretty frequently, that's it lol.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
Mr. Boyfriend says I'm worse than Monk when it comes to germs and cleaning. From an outside view it doesn't seem to help me much - I still get sick a lot. Hell, I'm sick right now. :P

But it was a lot worse when I was little. There were several years where I had so many sick days from school that they wanted to fail me. Just another factor that led to me being home-schooled. :v

blue

gucci
Years
My immune system seems to be pretty good, last time I was ill was about 10 months ago. I'm surprised I haven't fell to the many viruses floating around this time of year tbh, especially with the amount of people I've come into contact recently with them.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
My immune system is a bit weird. Sometimes I can hold strong, sometimes it's quite weak.
Especially with the city I live in where the weather can change very suddenly.

So because of this I've got lots of medicines for various things and drinking lots of water usually helps a lot.

Back