• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ the PokéCommunicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've done this in an event somewhere...I don't remember where. I've always wanted a "sports" section. Doesn't matter if it's a subforum or a main forum. A sports section would have threads pertaining to any sports all over the world, recruiting every sports fan from all over. The forum splash can have some kind of weekly scoreboard update for all to see. We can have discussion on every sports event out there like Super Bowl, World Cup, Little League World Series, and more.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Totally would be a Shipping forum.

Maybe have it as a subforum for C&M I guess? Forum splash would have pink, and lots of fanart I guess. Threads could include biases for all of the media, maybe except Pokemon, either have it separate or merge it :P

I'm currently asking Dave if I can run a General Shipping thread in C&M, because I'm pretty sure making a Shipping Club here would be too broad for a club :(

Years
A Digimon forum, yes i know this is a mainly Pokemon forum, but i seriously need somewhere to discuss Digimon.

Also Game Development totally needs to be it's own section like ROM Hacking IMO.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^That's what I thought too!

I think you should suggest that to Maruno since I firmly believe GD needs a bit more love on PC, despite that PC attracts most ROM Hackers. There are hackers, and there are also GAME MAKERS. A separate category (smaller than ROM Hacking) should do the trick though.

Also, We can still talk about Digimon here at this very section, or at Anime/Manga! I think the club died out though and is up for renewal unless the owner would like to revive it. :s

Years
I guess i should talk to Maruno about it. Also i need to stop being lazy and actually work on my own game, i was gonna post about it on my birthday but now it's already 2 weeks past hehe.

And yeah the Digimon fanclub is dead, not many members are still active and Chuckles hasn't updated it since forever. There is a Digimon discussion in Anime&Manga section already, but not many people are really discussing it more than stating their opinion :/.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A new season is set to start for Digimon, so once that does, I'm kind of expecting us to see some activity spike in regards to it. Digimon is a great series, but unfortunately, not much people seem to be willing to discuss it, sadly. If this weren't the case, then threads related to it would have been a lot more successful, and we might've even had some chance of having a board of its own, possibly!

It'd indeed be nice to see Game Development become a category of its own, but sadly, I don't necessarily imagine it happening. There are people who are interested in such things, just as ROM hacking, yes, but one, major difference is that PC sort of has a monopoly on latter, and whenever people search for ROM hacks and whatnot, PokéCommunity shows up in results quite often, causing us to gain more members and whatnot. For former, though, it's not like that, as much as I'd hate to say it, haha.

Anyway, to answer my own topic, if I were to create a board myself, it would most likely have to be relating to education. This is where members could help each other out on things like homework, deciding which college to join, classes to sign up for, which major would be best for them, and so forth. If this doesn't wind up to be too active, then it could be turned into a sub-forum for General Chat, maybe. As for title, I'd call it "Schooling."

Schooling forum would contain about three to four prefixes which would help sorting threads, and they all would be linked into the splash. As for the splash itself, it would be there as more or less an eye-candy, like how most of our current ones seem to be, but it would also assist getting people around the section.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
ahem

EDIT: Oops, totally misread that. I think ROM Hacking got its own section coz PC is known for its rom hacks :P Srsly, majority of PC's memberbase joined for ROM Hacks :P
What you mean is "category". These forum terms aaaah. I've always counted the general area where sections are under as categories on the index. Forum is what I call the whole thing, I don't really like when people talk about several forums on PC and for example call Fan Clubs & Groups a "forum" :p To me, it's a section. Falling under the Entertainment & Hobbies category. Haha.

I was the one who suggested ROM Hacking should be its own category btw 8D
#PCforthefuture

Years
I'm actually curious what makes people ROM Hack games instead of using a game engine (if there is one of course). The only big downside of Pokemon Essentials is that it needs RPG Maker XP, though after you get it, it's way more convenient than Advance Map because making a character move up is accomplished by setting his move route to "Move Up" and making him say "Hi!" is accomplished by you typing "Character: Hi!" instead of typing hex code.

I don't really have anything against hex, but it reminds me of how long it took me to figure out how to hack Megaman BN 6 (quite a long time).
Adventure said:
I was the one who suggested ROM Hacking should be its own category btw 8D

You could do the same for GD :D . Jk i'll bring it up to Maruno.

Also i don't have a generic no code signature anymore! Yay!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
That seems to be a good topic to discuss. In all across the community, every member has their own signature, and they are coded, or built as they please. Whether they slap in a few links, images or gifs, code them with CSS, slap it with text, or anything! How do you guys do your PC signatures? What method of signature building do you guys prefer the most?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^CHECK YOUR PM's.

Signature inspirations are awesome. I remember when I was new, I wanted to have a signature just like many of the mods here, but I was shy to ask them to make me one. So I decided to teach myself how. It took me a good few months to actually make one, and then I moved on to making a few for others. What really helped me was that I had already taken a couple web design class involving CSS. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Usually, I try keeping my signature minimal and simple. People tend to put images in there, animations, embed songs, and various other things, but personally, I find those kind of things to get in my way at times, which, for me, could be sort of annoying, so I try avoiding them at all cost.

Most of the time, I usually have some quote in my signature, relating to whatever avatar I happen to be using, as well as links to few of my important threads and whatnot. Might try something different one day, but I'm not completely sure on it, sadly. If I do, although it's fun, it would surely take a long time to make, considering how long it takes to write CSS for even a couple of text lines. Another thing that you have to be concerned about is scroll-bars; these things might not appear in your end, but if you did something wrong, they would be shown in others' computers, all depending on whatever browser they're using. Sometimes, it could be frustrating, haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Mine always have the same format, which is a centered gif with several links underneath it. I'm pretty boring and haven't been tired of this yet, and I'm pretty sure almost all of my signatures have looked like this. Oops, maybe I should spice up the format whenever I decide to change again.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I enjoy text sigs the most. Sometimes flashy images are cool but most often icon sigs are better, sort of like Sora usually has three Ash-icons in her signature. But best are text-only ones imo. I usually list my forums and pair and possibly events or quotes or links to my clubs or RPs. Both to advertise and to provide easy access to interesting threads for myself, haha.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I just find a picture of whatever the latest "interesting" anime I've watched is and slap it into some code that I was given and then throw a couple links on it. I've come a long way in a couple months, my first signature was a bunch of crappy banners stacked together. I wish I could do a lot more intricate things, but too lazy and don't have all the stuff figured and too lazy to figure it out too.

Years
I usually tend to stick to a simple pic (usually a gif related to what's in my avatar, right now I have Dory from Finding Nemo) with text underneath which is just my pairs and links to the battle server and my Tumblr page given there's not much stuff I have on PC that's worth dedicating a signature link to.

There were times in 2013 where I did use CSS signatures for a bit, but they just had a pic taking up most of the signature and links were on a black bar at the bottom. I remember when I had one of these CSS signatures that got quite a lot of love (I had a theme based on the Russian-born EDM producer Zedd at the time, and the pic in the signature was a pretty beautiful collage of him) but after some time, I felt like I couldn't stick to CSS because it wasn't "me".

And all the way back in 2012 prior to my supportership my signatures looked pretty damn terrible, thank god I improved so heavily on those disasters, although there was one theme I had that did make people laugh a lot back then.

Years
Do you guys save your signatures somewhere (like a blog, word doc, PC notepad, etc)?

I saved my aforementioned CSS coding in the PC notepad but I think I saved it in a Word document as well. I may actually do signature drop posts to make some use of my inactive blog.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Ahhhh, I do a lot of hard work at most of my sigs. I use CSS a lot, and I always find a way to reinvent it. Right now, I'm stumped, so I'm just reusing the CSS style, with different elements, When I am bored making sigs, I stick with simple text sigs... But I also find a way to make it a tad bit grander lol...

Also, I'm pretty sure that my blog is a big sig dump. I made about 30+ sigs in this account, and possibly another 10-20 sigs in my old account :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back