• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon is Sadistic and Demented

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
The show that everyone loves, yet when you open your eyes, its disgusting, if this was in real life we'd be saying things like, "Dog go use tackle on Fish," think how demented and cruel 10 year-olds would be, but then again this would never be real, and don't get me wrong i like poke. i've been a fan since ep. 1 when i was like 5

penny for your thoughts

Prynze Roserade

il principe senza regno
Years
Um, what? I'm afraid I just missed your point. It's all just fiction, you know, so obviously it doesn't resemble reality in a lot of ways.

So Pokémon cannot be judged our ways because the mechanics of their world is too different. If animals had mystic powers, like foxes breathing fire and polar bears being able to summon hailstorms, you can be sure as hell that we'd be using them to our advantage, especially if the had the brain capability to understand us. The bad guys would initiate it, and the good guys would follow, and while caring would be promoted, no-one would actually give a damn about their wildcat scratching their coyote, or their mouse biting their hamster, lol.

Also, note that the damage done to Pokémon when battling is rarely harsh enough to harm a Pokémon severely. Obviously the fire Charizard uses on Ash isn't like the fire we use to burn wood, or else Ash would have third-degree burns by now or be dead. Same goes for physical attacks; if a bear slashed a seal, it'd rip it apart, but Ursaring using Slash on Walrein clearly doesn't affect Walrein so much that it kills it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
Yea but if pokemon were real they could possibly be vicious and evil jus like humans could be...jus think about all the sick things pokemon could do on ur own....zubat leech life-ing people at nite, exeggcute leech seeding lil children who thought they were eggs, Rhyhorn horn drilling your guts out...i mean the possibilities are endless.....

Prynze Roserade

il principe senza regno
Years
XD, but animals already do that, although not out of malice. Sharks bite people, mosquitoes infect us with horrible diseases, and cougars hunt our cattle and could kill us in one bite.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Pokemon takes that demented and savage part of animals that you mentioned and turns it into a nice fantasy themed world. Obviously if we did these things in real life it would be pretty cruel, but what some people don't realize is that Pokemon isn't real. That's why some of those super-Christians say Pokemon is Satanic. They don't realize these things could ever really happen unless there's some crazy guy with a sick sense of humor.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Also, Pokemon never kill each other in battle unless it's for survival or an accident.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
yah they always 'faint' even though everyone says "i killed those bidoof for some exp points!"

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
The show that everyone loves, yet when you open your eyes, its disgusting, if this was in real life we'd be saying things like, "Dog go use tackle on Fish," think how demented and cruel 10 year-olds would be, but then again this would never be real, and don't get me wrong i like poke. i've been a fan since ep. 1 when i was like 5

penny for your thoughts

But, you see, it's a fictional world.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Then how about the "Legendaries"? They are supposed to control evil doings of pokemon and people. I cannot think if Lugia uses it's rage to flush down humans.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
real. That's why some of those super-Christians say Pokemon is Satanic.

Odd, the Vatican says that Pokemon is "full of inventive imagination"... And if I am not mistaken the Pope is a super-Christian...

Also I liked Pokemon since I was 6ish, I am not sadistic or cruel. But I can be a bit mean to people, but I love animals (News Flash, we are animals, but its animals of the human variety I can be mean to...).

Years
Yeah it an anime so anything could happen

In real life a snorlax using bite on a goldeen would be quite bad and most likely leave someone with one less pokemon

But in pokemon it is fine. Because pokemon is an anime, which doesnt make it sadistic and demented.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'm surprised we can even discuss this. I assume this would have been brought up zillions of times.

Back