• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
So do you have an idea of what could have happened?

I do use XSE, I've stopped using boxset ever since I found callstd(would you still recommend "msgbox @pointer 0x#" over callstd?).

And before I try it, should I do it with the same offset, or should I repoint?

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
i think you should repoint the offset

use
#org @start
msgbox @mayor 0x3
release
end

#org @mayor
= Mayor's House

its more good

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
So do you have an idea of what could have happened?

I do use XSE, I've stopped using boxset ever since I found callstd(would you still recommend "msgbox @pointer 0x#" over callstd?).

And before I try it, should I do it with the same offset, or should I repoint?

You should repoint, use the command;

#removeall 0x71A3CC

it will remove the script at 0x71A3CC, since that is where you inserted that bugged one.

Add that BEFORE #dynamic

ALSO, to be 100% safe of any errors, try inserting the script at 0x800000...

Code:
#removeall 0x71A3CC

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @mayor 0x3
end

#org @mayor
= Mayor's House

This will erase that last bugged script from your ROM, and then insert the new one at a better spot, like 0x800000

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
It isn't working anymore, I'll try again tomorrow since it's late right now.
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2011
Sry. Forgot about that.
Its hard to explane so i will uppload a video to youtube but i will try to explane anyway.
After the message the player are supposed to move to the center of the room and a hidden sprite (hidesprite 0x2 in the script) to move to the foot of the stairs (where the player is standing). But instead the player takes 1 step and then the message and the questionmark appears again and when the message is finished the player takes 1 step again and the message and the questionmark shows up again. It continiues like that until i close VBA.

4 some reason i cant insert an image so i will upload the video to youtube soon.

P.S I hope you understand what my problem is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
Script help on JPAN's Fire Red

I'm using JPAN's fire red hack and I'm trying to fix his bug. He explains:

To fix it now, just open a normal Fire Red ROM in an hex editor and go to 0x160450. There, you find 10 pointers to the ten std scripts. Open each of them in your script editor, and compile them on the hacked rom.

Hate to be a noob, but I haven't got a clue what that means. I got a hex editor and went down to the 160450 line, but that line just looks like gibberish to me. Can anybody give me pointers on what exactly I'm supposed to actually do after finding that line? How do I open each of whatever it is I'm opening in the script editor? (I have XSE). And then what?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
but thats what I mean. I don't understand what the right1, right2 etc translateinto in the game? Is it running fast? Slow? I don't understand >.<

It's how fast they move.

Spoiler:

thethethethe's tutorial explains it better. Most of the values need to be converted to hex, but the descriptions work. :|

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
I tried it again on a new rom and it still won't work.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have no idea why XSE put an extra 8 in the front. I used the very sample that was given to me:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
Why would 0x3 not work...

Well, It's late again, I'll try tomorrow.

Spoiler:

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Don't use the green script type,use the orange one,which is for signs.

Don't use the green script type,use the orange one,which is for signs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
I always use the orange script for signposts.
It keeps adding an extra 8 no matter what I do now.

EDIT:

I just updated XSE to 1.1.1, btw.

Spoiler:

EDIT2:
While I'm at it: Signpost events have a Hidden ID, and person events have a person ID. Do you have to give each one an ID?
When I put two hidden items, only one of them worked(left both at ID 00), but they work fine if I give them an individual ID.
If that's the case, is there a list of range of IDs that isn't used by the game's existing events?
Somehow, none of this is mentioned in the tutorials I've read.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2009
help with my script needed!!

in fire red, originally, oak moves though pallet town to you when you try to leave. i wanted to change his script to make him move round my buildings. i keep getting te error:

error 6 'overflow' on line 25
Wrong parameter type

heres my script: if you can, can you tell me all my errors, i'm kinda new to this scripting stuff:

Spoiler:

Pikablu Lv.X

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2009
I need this script to happen only once
How can I make it?

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I need this script to happen only once
How can I make it?
Spoiler:

This should work

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
in fire red, originally, oak moves though pallet town to you when you try to leave. i wanted to change his script to make him move round my buildings. i keep getting te error:

error 6 'overflow' on line 25
Wrong parameter type

heres my script: if you can, can you tell me all my errors, i'm kinda new to this scripting stuff:

Spoiler:
Remove the pause 0x1E and see if it works. I cbf to look at the whole script. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back