• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did anyone get stuck solving the regi trio first time?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I didn't even know the existence of Regi-trio back in the days,
my old friend told me how to...
One of them required to use Fly in the cave,
which I didn't believe, until he snatched the game from me and showed it himself! :D

FraxureGames

The road goes ever on...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
I believe I discovered the Regis' caves long before I knew what they were. Luckily I had my friend and Bulbapedia to help me solve their riddles. I gotta say, translating all that braille was the toughest part for sure.

MechVenom

A Wild Ampharos Has Appeared
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
i've never had any problems catching regis or finding relicanths but the sootopolis gym puzzle was hard

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
A friend of mine told me about the whole ordeal and he listed all of the details, which I poorly memorized and tried out when I got home. Got stuck trying to navigate my way to the Dive spot for a while, but eventually I got there and realized that I forgot what Pokemon he said to bring. The Relicanth was the easy part. I caught one because it looked rare. Getting a Wailord was the difficult part and to this day I still hate raising a stupid Wailmer to a stupid Wailord because it's stupid.

Eventually I caught all three Regis, though.

Years
Uugh.. yes. xD; I didn't understand the puzzle and had to buy a guidebook to help me out (because at the time I didn't know I could use the internet). The darn things were so complicated. :<

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I didn't even know what braille was back then! I was definitely confused when I saw the random lines of dots. I did end up using the internet to solve the puzzle though.

Years
I did get stuck at getting them when I was a kid. I didn't knew what was braille, and what I needed to do to get them. I wish Gamefreak would give us more hidden legendaries like this, making you try hard to get them.Back then, I had to rely on a guidebook and friends spoiling/lying to annoy me as I tried to figure it out, since they already knew how to do it. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ︵ ┻━┻ *table flip*

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
actually no. When i first saw the braille on the wall,i grabbed my pocket dictionary. turns out it had the braille alphabet in the back! from there,i just used my brain for the puzzles. :]

Years
The first time I've played this, I had no idea what to do. At first, I thought it was some made up Pokemon alphabet lol.

tnfsf11

I never knew the Regis even existed or how to get them, the internet was my guide on this.

I also never actually went into the effort off getting to them though, they look ugly as hell imo...

Last edited:

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Relicanth were the most annoying things ever
ed2305b7.png

When I finally got one I just used it and traded it to my Leafgreen cart so I could trade it over to my Ruby and Sapphire later.
rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

Wait you had to get a relicanth to get the regis? I didn't remember that. I just remember really enjoying the Braille puzzles, because it reminded me of the Ruins of Alph, my favorite location in Johto.

Yea, you needed a Relicanth and a Wailord. I personally like both Pokémon, so I wasn't too bothered with raising them. It's just finding them that is a pain.

Last edited:
Back