• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Tool File Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
I'm posting a modified version of GoldMap v1.5 files.
Basically the INIs have been changed for editing Pokemon Yellow maps and blocks (nothing else). It isn't perfect, but what is?

PikaMap v1.0

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
RUBY INI ADV TEXT

Can somebody please post a COMPLETE advanced-text ini for RUBY?
THNX.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I'm posting program mods for Goldmap and Pokemap.

I've added map offsets for Pkmn Green in them. (not LeafGreen..)
If you need help look in the readme files.

Green.zip has the files for Goldmap.
Green2.zip has the files for PokeMap.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6EB9K5LA Green.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BELM108 Green2.zip

sadly.. PC wouldn't upload the files, so i used an external link...
If they become broken and you want to download them PM me.

Thanks for the inis, Presea.
Very useful.

a question? You know where to find the inis of green.
i´ll try to find them, but idk.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Sorry -_-
I wanted to say the inis of Yellow (except the wild pokemon ones, i have found them all)...

But i have a problem: I have found the wild pokes (every route) offset, but when i modify the pokémons.ini (i have used presea´s inis) on the goldmap appears as the G/S/C wild pokemon editor (day/evening/night) and the pokemons are in GSC order, not in GRBY order.

lets see: i got on the Hexecute the following line 032403A5... this is lv3 pidgey and lv3 ratatta (route 1) but when i go to modify them on goldmap it says that they are a lv3 Clefable and lv3 Ledyba.

Anybody know why?

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Sorry -_-
I wanted to say the inis of Yellow (except the wild pokemon ones, i have found them all)...

But i have a problem: I have found the wild pokes (every route) offset, but when i modify the pokémons.ini (i have used presea´s inis) on the goldmap appears as the G/S/C wild pokemon editor (day/evening/night) and the pokemons are in GSC order, not in GRBY order.

lets see: i got on the Hexecute the following line 032403A5... this is lv3 pidgey and lv3 ratatta (route 1) but when i go to modify them on goldmap it says that they are a lv3 Clefable and lv3 Ledyba.

Anybody know why?
Well, I don't know the index of all pokemon, and I'm assuming that bulbasaur is 01, ivisaur 02 etc until Fsomething celebi, but
03 24 - level 3 index 24. That's quite high, over thirty-something
03 A5 - Higher than 100 (64).

They ARE clefable and ledyba, or at least pokemon with higher index than pidgey and rattata... that's not route 1. Where are there wild clefables?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I think it´s because of the program (GOLD map, it has the pokes in GSC hex order)

I thought that the ini would get them in GRBY Hex order

well then, back to hex hacking wild pokes for a while

if you have the preseas inis installed, try w/this ini i edited for green and you´ll see what i´m saying
(original one: Presea / this edit:Me)

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
This is confusing, but it might be easier (well easiest, if hacking a pre-existing program) to change "Maps.pkm" in Pokemap for use with Green or any other unsupported 1st gen version.
But the inis for Pokemap aren't the easiest to read.

GSC has the 3 sets of 7 Pokemon for each map with wild Pokemon (morning/day/night), and the different hex order for Pokemon than 1st gen.
RGBY has an unorganized pkmn hex list where GSC doesn't.

Even better, just wait for someone to make a tool for it I suppose, thethethethe has "Wild Poke Editor RBY" under "Tools in Planning", maybe he could add the G!

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Can anyone tell me how to get all the text for R/S/E in A-text and if this requires a modified .ini file???

Why not just search for the text string you want to edit? An Ini with all the text locations would be huge. With the search function, there's no need...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back