• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition! - "MOM, DONAVANNJ'S BEING A NERD AGAIN!"

Years
You build a lot! Thnx for the update :) BTW, may I know the name of the "Roundabout" you downloaded? Is it from Simtropolis?

Above all that I have been wandering, have you tried doing that much in Cities XL? Its a decent game ya know....except for the horrible memory leak <_<

I have somewhat of a backlog of screencaps I've taken over the last couple of weeks, though growing the cities larger generally doesn't take much time at all.

The roundabout I have is included in the Network Addon Mod, the most recent version of which can be found most reliably at SC4Devotion.com on their Lot Exchange (LEX).

Looking better each time! How long has this taken up until now? Also, this really gives me the urge to play Sim City 4. Just a matter of finding it ;_;

I'd certainly hope I'm getting better each time. I'm shaking off more of the rust after not playing at all for basically three years.

I've been playing on and off since April or May.

Good luck with finding it! I got myself a copy off of Steam in the event my CDs went bad so I could preserve my CDs.

Wow, the connection didn't lag at all. Thank you T3. o-o

Anyeays, jeez I seriously wanna play this game now, what kind of mods are out there anyways?

Plus the city is looking great, I saw one of those solar array power plants and giggled. xD

It's lagging for me, the person uploading the pictures.

There are quite a few mods out there. Some of them are demand altering mods.

Solar power is actually pretty useful in Sim City 4.

Roads with names, what'll they think up next?

Seriously, though, this is pretty neat and it was worth the two loading attempts to see it all - though you have to wonder at the city planners... why knock down the University stadium only to rebuild it like twenty feet away, wouldn't that have been an ideal location for the new baseball stadium?

Oh, I dunno, maybe stations with names?

Honestly, I just liked the way the baseball stadium looked at that intersection better. I'll have to see if I can find the mod I had previously that made it so that you could build the stadium partially on water.

It creates more jobs that's why. :P

JK, efficiency wise that does make sense. o.O

See above reply.

I certainly commend you for being able to build even with hills and rivers and all that stuff. Whenever I play, it's just 100% flat land; wouldn't know how to cope with ANY of that stuff, to my hat is tipped to you. It looks as though everything seems to be coming along nicely. Do you have any specific goals in mind for the region as a whole or are you just taking it one step at a time?

I had someone else commend me on that in the past back in my old playing days. They were a person who's storytelling and city planning I admired because of how creative it was (basically a space dramedy set in the cities they had built).

I have a bit of a vague goal in mind, but for now I'm just proceeding to expand via a plan I have that tells me in what order I should work on certain city tiles.

Anyway... onto the next update, which will be a fairly small one because it will feature a very small city.

Update 6 - Victor Isle
Spoiler:

In the interest of keeping this page from being anymore bandwidth-intensive, that's it for this update.

Years
does anyone know how to fix graphics problems with sc4 deluxe, i am having problems of it jumping or crashing to the desktop

Not exactly the right place to ask this question, but do you have it installed by some download service like Steam or Origin, or are you installing off of the CD? If you're installing off of the CD, you need to patch your game after with the patch for your region after installing the game. The patches are available here: http://www.ea.com/simcity-4-deluxe

Years
Okay, I lied. I will be nowhere near done with this region come July.

So our next city we shall tour will be West Grandia Flats, which is kind of an extension of Grenadia Flats in terms of urban area. The city has a population of 41,601, which makes it the 4th most populated city in the region and second largest in Grenadia County.

Update 7 - West Granadia Flats
Spoiler:

I have been quite busy playing and the region's population now sits at 540,797. Updates will come faster now that I've remembered what cities I have and haven't shown you.

Bonus information for this update - Top 10 Largest Cities in Timbuktu:
Spoiler:

And I'll end this update by leaving you with this image so you can try to figure out which areas are which cities:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6316/timbuktu20may2012.png

Years
YOU SUCK FOR LEAVING IT THIS LONG FOR AN UPDATE!

Anyway, it is looking epic. Population at half a million? XD
Your little people have been busy! :P​

Years
YOU SUCK FOR LEAVING IT THIS LONG FOR AN UPDATE!

Anyway, it is looking epic. Population at half a million? XD
Your little people have been busy! :P​

Yes I do suck and yes they have been busy! Anyway, have another update!

Update 8 - Donavann Changes Some More:

I actually did this stuff prior to compiling the stats for the region, so that population there is the final product of these projects. I re-did the highway mess, added some land, and added an airport!

Spoiler:

And that's all I got for pictures for now. I will have to actually play the game again to get some more screenshots made.

Years
Aww... no replies. :(

Anyway, next update.

Update 9 - Welshville!

Spoiler:

That's all I got on Welshville for now. Enjoy!

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
I suddenly have the urge to dig this outta my stack of old PC games and build some cities!

For when Minecraft gives you lemons... make cities in Sim City! :P

Nice LP, by the way! :D

Years
I suddenly have the urge to dig this outta my stack of old PC games and build some cities!

For when Minecraft gives you lemons... make cities in Sim City! :P

Nice LP, by the way! :D

This LP tends to have that effect on people!

Update 10 - Benjamin:

Spoiler:

I have quite a bit more to show you all, but I need to receive comments so I don't have pages that are modem slayers, and so I can get everything else I have to show you posted faster!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I wanna see some skyscrapers and some hi-tech industry! When are you gonna start getting those in? Yes, I'm shallow, but that's pretty much the entire reason why I play the game. Getting that first skyscraper is a wonderful feeling! :D

Years
I wanna see some skyscrapers and some hi-tech industry! When are you gonna start getting those in? Yes, I'm shallow, but that's pretty much the entire reason why I play the game. Getting that first skyscraper is a wonderful feeling! :D

I'm working toward those by building up the region around my core cities!

Though several cities do have hi-tech industry pockets. Like that last city I posted.

Update 11 - Trelawny:
Spoiler:

I have also included a somewhat outdated map that defines the highways maintained by the Regional Transportation Authority as well showing the boundaries of the six counties in the region.
Spoiler:

Years
Whoops. Accidentally reset the tutorial city tiles for the game. There are 5 of those, and 4 of those were my largest cities (most of the actual population of those was my work, though).

SO ONTO A NEW REGION!

We begin with a map I created using Sim City Region and Config Creator. That's too big to create an overview image of that Imageshack will upload. Oh, wait, Imgur! Just hope it doesn't shrink it.

Overview image (warning: MASSIVE 4068x2068):
http://i.imgur.com/76vzd.jpg

This region is called the Trimblelina Republic, named so for the nation I roleplayed as back in my major Sim City days. All cities will be named after my major cities from those days.

Then I build a city on one of the tiles. This will be named Trimblelina City.
e7kor.png

We move a bit closer in. Can't really see anything yet.
fiBi1.jpg

Still closer in. We can kind of make out some details.
XjO6i.jpg

Even closer in, this is the west half of the town.
FGjzf.jpg

And to finish things off we have the eastern half!
nHa0I.jpg

Trimblelina City is still a very, very small town.

Years
Okay, I've scrapped yet another region in favor of a positively massive region that's so big, I had to create a Dropbox account to upload a regional overview! And Dropbox still won't let me share the full-size picture!

Basically, the picture below just ends up serving as a land-mass overview. There are 256 large city tiles in this region!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yhu23b0311rpnb/Donavanntrafficwithborders12-23-12.png

Years
Super-Region, Update 2 - Packing Sims onto an Island:

Okay, so I've been quite busy on this region, which I've named after myself, and I'm making a city out of a place that resembles Manhattan.

qgT3A.png

That island has inhabited areas across FOUR city tiles. The goal is to have it entirely built up and have pockets of taller skyscrapers as well as a few super-talls. The population across the 4 islands is about 116,000 as of this moment.

Zooming in on the island's main city, we focus on Riverbottom:

Eastern half of the built-up area:
tK6A4.jpg

Western half of the built-up area, with Downtown at the bottom of the picture:
67wYl.jpg

And, finally, most of this city's jobs to keep all those people employed are here in this industrial park:
nwJLX.jpg

Back