• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Unofficial Trading Card League! (Skype/IMs preferred methods of play)

Years
Basically, what this league will be is a casual play league where you can play the Pokemon TCG through an IM/voice chat client against other members of PokeCommunity. I'll keep track of standings, but, other than bragging rights, there will be no prizes.

Tips on Learning How to Play
  • Ask questions in the TCG section here on PokeCommunity (the section this thread is a sticky in) if you need help learning how to play.
  • Check out the Tutorials on the official TCG website here: http://www.pokemontcg.com/tutorials
  • Get some experience through the Trainer Challenge at http://www.pokemontcg.com
  • PokeGym's Rulings Compendium is also a good place to check out rulings on some cards if you're confused about anything.
  • Trainer Kits are good things to learn from, as well. The most recent made to my knowledge is the HGSS Trainer Kit, which comes with a few pretty good cards in HGSS Raichu and HGSS Gyarados.

Thread Rules
  • All PokeCommunity rules apply
  • All Trading Card Game section rules apply

Game Rules
  • All Organized Play Rules Apply - Except for the limits on what sets can be used.
  • Remember! No cheating!
  • Please keep track of how many prizes each player takes.

Banned Cards
  • Birthday Pikachu (______'s Pikachu)
  • Ancient Mew
  • Cards from the World Championship decks
  • Fakes
  • Jumbos

Members
This is just a table that list the members who've joined the league and their contact information so you can contact them asking for a match. All of the PC usernames in the left column will be actual links.

Availability
Skype Name
User
MSN/WLM

MTWHF (7-10 PM GMT -6); Sat, Sun anytime before 10 PM
See Icon in my Postbit
See Icon in my Postbit

n/a
n/a

justinpaulwallburn
n/a

warriorrapter
n/a

Vespoid17
n/a

PM if you wish to play
PM if you wish to play

PM if you wish to play
PM if you wish to play

PM if you wish to play
PM if you wish to play

sydneystark.

PM to Play
PM to Play

Results
I'll post recent results people have posted in the thread in this area.

Standings
These will be kept track of just for fun. And they'll probably be helpful in telling you your opponent's skill level once the league gets going.

Prizes Taken by Opponent
Prizes Taken
Losses
Draws
Wins
User
Warrior Rapter
donavannj
Vespoid
Jack Kenton

cartercr

Last edited:
Years
Have you guys heard of Redshark? It's a decent way of having Pokemon battles online. With full access to all Pokemon cards, even people who do not have the cards IRL can play.

Just a suggestion for you guys to consider.

In regards to me joining this league, I do have a Pokemon deck and though it isn't the TCG of my choice, I suppose I can have some fun here. I haven't played in months though and I'll have to update my deck for the new rotation and for the update in the rules. It will take some time before I am able to battle I'm afraid.

Years
Well, this is a casual play league. You don't have to be current with the modified format to play in this league. I figured more people could play if I didn't restrict its format.

I have heard of Redshark, but just like playing over Skype and IMs, it requires that both players know the rules.

Years
Oh wow. Sounds good for the time being. Makes it easier for people like me anyway. If that's the case, I can play right now lol. Make a couple of tweaks here and there to the deck and I'm ready to rock and roll!

[email protected]

That's my contact information if anyone wants to play against me.

Atomic Reactor

so would you like... just aim your webcam at your cards? i don't exactly understand how this would play out :/
I'd totally be in for playing though! :)
i think my skype name is justinpw93

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'm up for it, I'll use my skype: warriorrapter, like I've done before with card games. Been awhile since I played cards, so I'm probably going to b a little rusty.

Years
Okay, I've added everyone's info to the contacts table. Gonna fix it later.

I'm actually available to play most weeknights after 7 PM in GMT -6 (Central Standard Time US & Canada), and almost anytime on weekends. So if anyone wants to play me, contact me. Feel free to talk about your matches and post match logs in this thread.

Atomic Reactor

i might be up for a game after work tonight.
add me on skype if anyone wants to play ^_^

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I'd love to join, I won't be around for a couple of weeks due to being on vacation but after that I'll be available to play. I'll post my skype later on.

Years
I'd love to join, I won't be around for a couple of weeks due to being on vacation but after that I'll be available to play. I'll post my skype later on.
Okay, I'll add you to the table.

i might be up for a game after work tonight.
add me on skype if anyone wants to play ^_^

Depending on when that is, I'm interested in playing you.

Atomic Reactor

ahhhh mistake in name! my skype name is justinpaulwalburn haha sorry guys XD
add me on skype if you wanna play!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
I'm down to play. I just have to register for skype and all that jazz.

Years
Okay, updated the contacts table, which I subsequently broke trying to add another column (this one pertaining to availability), so I spaced it out so it's readable.

Anyone looking to play a match this weekend send me a message either here in this thread, via VMs, or via PMs. Or add me on MSN or Skype with a message saying who you are on PokeCommunity.

Also, it looks like there could be a tournament for the PokeCommunity Get-Together from July 15-18, and I'm going to let those results from the tournament count in the standings for here.

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
I could be available on weekends, really the only limit would be before 11 pm central time on Sundays. Just message me beforehand to set up a match.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'd like to join~ I'll make arrangements when I can be available when people PM me.

Back