• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
If anything, I think we'll go to like a Battle Frontier or something, kinda like what we saw in DPPT. I really doubt we'd go to Hoenn or any former region.

Years
I'm afraid to say that I highly doubt we'll be able to go to another region in B2W2. The whole "Travel to another region" thing seems to be a strictly Tohjo thing, IMO. In FireRed/LeafGreen, I was sorta expecting to be able to go to a pre-GSC Johto, seeing as by the time they came out, we were aware that Johto existed. I was obviously wrong but we were able to go to the Sevii Islands, so there's the other 'region' we got to travel to in a Tohjo-game.

Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, I don't think we'll be travelling anywhere else in B2W2, even though we have an airport and a huge harbour. Seeing as we know we're going to be playing through Unova from the get-go, I don't think we're going to be going to another region. Also, Unova is without doubt going to be expanded to a decent extent, so Game Freak'll probably think that's enough for us fans.

Years
having another region after unova doesnt mean they will change what happened in that region. it just means that you have something to do(old gyms) and more places to catch wild pokemon, instead of importing them from old games. which is a cheap excuse to have only 1 region...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
To be honest, GameFreak including older Pokémon in these games only leads for me to think that this is very unlikely to happen. They could have just escaped the regions yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one region or another has to be included in the games for this to make sense. Plus you'd think it would be leaked/hinted to already if it was true. Like maybe a silhouette in the map or even Junichi Masuda questioning something like "Could there be more than just Unova?" (lol thread title). Then again, I could be wrong and GF could just be saving the news for late. Still, I just don't see it happening.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I hope we get the chance to travel to Hoen :) If not for the heck of it, to be able to obtain all of the third generation Pokés that have been unavailable through the last two gens.

Years
To be honest, GameFreak including older Pokémon in these games only leads for me to think that this is very unlikely to happen. They could have just escaped the regions yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one region or another has to be included in the games for this to make sense. Plus you'd think it would be leaked/hinted to already if it was true. Like maybe a silhouette in the map or even Junichi Masuda questioning something like "Could there be more than just Unova?" (lol thread title). Then again, I could be wrong and GF could just be saving the news for late. Still, I just don't see it happening.

arent pigey and zubat in every game? i cant remember one with out geodude either...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
arent pigey and zubat in every game? i cant remember one with out geodude either...
Nope, Black and White changed that. Before the National Pokédex all you could get was the Pokémon in Unova.
I would like to see Kanto again, hopefully you could visit all
of the regions.
PLEASE NO! :[ Tired of that region. Really, I don't want anything more than just Unova to be honest. Traveling all of the regions is just way too much, and makes the purpose of these games being a sequel at loss.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Really, for them to add Hoenn or any other region would be ridiculous. Completely. It would actually make LESS sense for them to be there. I mean, the ONLY connection they have to every other region is that they have a Pokemon League, Pokemon Centers and Marts, Trainers, Pokemon. Not only that but it's be said many times that the Unova region is more than likely on a completely different continent. Why and how on Earth would Hoenn or the others be connected to it? As much as I believe there will be an R/S remake, I don't see it happening too swiftly, nor do I see Hoenn in this game. Hoenn had its own game, and so did Unova, and that's how they should stay: in.there.own.game. Putting another region in there just because "it makes sense" would be ridiculous. Pokemon have QUITE an amazing ability to travel. It only makes sense that they would be able to make it to Unova. All the way from natural migration to people who travel around the world bringing Pokemon to the Unova region.

So, no, I do not think there will be any other region in this game, and I'm quite pleased at that.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
I think if we do get anything, it wouldn't be as grand as an entire second region. Perhaps a few islands, or some access to new towns by going through Anville Town. I bet we'll see the return of the battle frontier, though. (At least I hope so. Battle subway got boring pretty quickly)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would like to see Kanto again, hopefully you could visit all
of the regions.

Nah that'd be an overdose. I know it means this'll be the only generation w/o Kanto, but really, I don't think B2/W2 needs it. ;; Sinnoh, defs not. Johto or Hoenn I'd be "okay" with as an extra at the end but it might make the games too longggg.

Years
well the second trailer made it pretty obvious that there are going to pokemon from other generation. im hoping this means there is also another region. i know a lot of you are saying it would upset the flow of other regions and such but i think it has to be done. they cant keep releasing 1 region games. there has to be more to do in a game then 8 gyms and the elite 4. oh and catching them all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
well the second trailer made it pretty obvious that there are going to pokemon from other generation. im hoping this means there is also another region. i know a lot of you are saying it would upset the flow of other regions and such but i think it has to be done. they cant keep releasing 1 region games. there has to be more to do in a game then 8 gyms and the elite 4. oh and catching them all.

Even the first trailer did :x But yeah... just because there's past generation Pokemon doesn't mean there's necessarily a new region (or past region). Besides, there could always be an extended post-game tbh which could make up for a whole new region. BUT I would be fine if they did what the previous poster suggested of the islands. :3 Anything new would be nice tbh, and if anything something small would be most likely. :(

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Indeed, just because some of the older Pokemon are present doesn't necessarily mean they'll bring in any other region. Though I do wonder if they'll have some sort of in-game explanation for that or something, like the Pokemon have migrated or whatever.

Anyway, I doubt that they'll include one of the previous regions, or an entire new one, though the introduction of a new small area of Unova a la Sevii Islands as mentioned by others sounds like a great idea. I mean, there's the airport(s?) and Castelia piers, so it would be actually kind of cool to get to use them outside of events.

Years

Even the first trailer did :x But yeah... just because there's past generation Pokemon doesn't mean there's necessarily a new region (or past region). Besides, there could always be an extended post-game tbh which could make up for a whole new region. BUT I would be fine if they did what the previous poster suggested of the islands. :3 Anything new would be nice tbh, and if anything something small would be most likely. :(

well as some said before, unova was exclusive. but a sequel begs for more. you cant have a sequel just be another story and some cool tricks. there has to be progress and i hope nintendo starts stepping up the ante.

this game is still up in the air though. theres little known about it and that which is known is picked apart and raped by everyones opinion. im shaking in my boots in anticipation. hope it wont disappoint by only being a new story for unova...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'd like to see any new region limited to just islands. As G/S/C/HG/SS showed, anything that involves a whole other eight badges would result in said secondary region being badly watered down to fit in with the level cap restrictions. I would like to see some new territory to explore though, that's not a full blown region (something Sevii-sized would be ideal), and I'm hoping that can somehow be linked to some sort of criminal element being operated in that area.

XDX

Years
has anyone noticed, that the BW2 image of the player outside a beach hut with the gym leader looks like a revamped Pacifildlog Town? and the one on a beach with the rival and the gym leader coming off of what looks like a boat, looks like Dewford Town. just saying but you never know, maybe you can go to Hoenn????

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe it could be something modeled after Hoenn. Keep in mind that these games are 2 years later, and just because it looks like Hoenn locations doesn't mean that they necessarily are in Hoenn. Perhaps the designer of that location just liked how Hoenn looks or could've expanded upon Route 17/18.

Back