• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Unova Pokemon League Conference is Upon Us! Who Will Emerge Victorious?

Which of these trainers will become champion of the Unova league?

• Ash/Satoshi

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Trip/Shooty

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Bianca/Bel

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Stephan/Kenyan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotetsu

• Virgil

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Iris (she isn't even entering!)

• Somebody Else We've Seen Before (like Montgomery/Masaomi)

• Some New Rising Rival Who'll Return in the Future

• Some Random Dude/Chick We'll Never Hear from Again

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Our Player Character! (Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa)

• Cheren (so that's what he's been doing this entire time...)

• Nobody- Team Plasma is going to step in and cancel the league, creating a new arc to keep Ash in Uno

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • N (because he's N)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Tobias/Action Replay Abuser

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
In about a week, TV Tokyo will begin broadcasting the Unova Pokemon League arc, where our hero Ash and many of his friends/rivals will be competing for the coveted title of this year's Unova League Champion in Higaki City. Who will win? Vote and discuss!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
In about a week, TV Tokyo will begin broadcasting the Unova Pokemon League arc, where our hero Ash and many of his friends/rivals will be competing for the coveted title of this year's Unova League Champion in Higaki City. Who will win? Vote and discuss!

The only ones I say who I would want to win would be either Ash or Dawn. They both have interesting teams. I havnt been keeping up with the anime(much less know for sure whos entering T-T) lately so I cant give as much input or feedback as I would like for fear of sounding ignorant.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Dawn no longer travels with Ash anymore. She did visit for several episodes to compete in the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup before leaving to compete in the Wallace Cup in Johto. Besides, she's a coordinator, doesn't collect badges, and isn't that interested in Pokemon battles as much as Pokemon contests.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I do not think Ash will win. I think Trip is gonna be like Gary and beat him or not even get to a rival and end up beating him in the next generation. Sense I don't even know who the guy with the Eevee is,he will probably win. Team Plasma is still possible threat. They could stop the fighting and make Ash stay there a little longer or something. They said it would last for three years. I think this year is only the 2nd year,therefore there is still another year of 5th gen.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I hope Ash wins, I really really do. I want him to win. I haven't watched Pokemon Black and White much at all, I've only seen about 2 episodes on TV once in the morning. Should I bother watching the whole season or could I really just start from here and watch the finals?

But yeah, I want Ash to win, or that dude on the bottom right, I like those Pokemon. I wish I could give more feedback on this, though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Its gunna be some guy to tie in the next set of games maybe. If not that, then another nameless wonder who will appear just for the tournament and then never to be heard from again.

Ritchie lost to a nameless player that became Champ (I think)
Ash lost to the guy with Blaziken who then lost to an unknown add in
Tyson won Hoenn's though I don't remember him being introduced before the Tournament.
and in Sinnoh, the uber hacker Tobias won with Darkrai.

Most of the winners were only intro'd for the tournament so to keep the anime going, they'll probably do the same thing. Let Ash get close and then rip the victory away from him.

Years
Its gunna be some guy to tie in the next set of games maybe. If not that, then another nameless wonder who will appear just for the tournament and then never to be heard from again.

Tyson won Hoenn's though I don't remember him being introduced before the Tournament.

Most of the winners were only intro'd for the tournament so to keep the anime going, they'll probably do the same thing. Let Ash get close and then rip the victory away from him.

I agree with Xander, I think the next champion will probably be some last-minute insert like we had in the previous league conferences. It's a trend that's been happening a lot.

They would probably have some character defeat Ash only to lose to the eventual winner of the conference.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I do not think Ash will win. I think Trip is gonna be like Gary and beat him or not even get to a rival and end up beating him in the next generation. Sense I don't even know who the guy with the Eevee is,he will probably win. Team Plasma is still possible threat. They could stop the fighting and make Ash stay there a little longer or something. They said it would last for three years. I think this year is only the 2nd year,therefore there is still another year of 5th gen.
Ash already beat Trip in the first Round.

Spoiler:

More than likely it will be a COTD or someone of that nature. I've got a feeling it may be Kotesu this time around.

I also wouldn't be surprised if maybe they do have someone with a tie in like Harrison with Blaziken. So that gives Ash a reason to travel to a new region. Tyson was introduced at Registration and his Meowth prevented the flame from being stolen. It was Morrison introduced pre - tournament.

Hopefully Ash wins, but the way the presented him thus far I don't find that likely. They showed his previous pokemon in the intro, but I don't get the feeling they will be used. If anything they will be used in whatever the filler arc post league is going to be.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm,I didn't know they had a manga like thing about it. I still think Team Plasma will come in at some point. I wish I could find out where the 3 years was posted at. The first BW episode came out in Jap. Sept. 2010,so we are only a little into the 3rd year. Something has to happen in order for it to last 3 years. The only episodes with Team Plasma in it have still not been aired. And Giovonni wanted to draw out the evil orginization in Unova,Team Plasma. It would be intersting for them to make a actual storyline in the last part of 5th gen.

This would tie into the Gensect movie as well that come out early next year sense Team Plasma are the ones who made Genesect.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's not likely that Ash will win this Pokemon League considering that he lost the previous 4 (maybe for plot advancement/character development purposes). I think Bianca might win this one, since the League might give her some good character development.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
What would really suck is if He was in the Finals and Team Plasma comes and and stops the League right when he is about to win and the League gets canceled.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's not likely that Ash will win this Pokemon League considering that he lost the previous 4 (maybe for plot advancement/character development purposes). I think Bianca might win this one, since the League might give her some good character development.

Considering the 4 trainers for the PWT download are Trip, Virgil, Kotetsu, and Stephan, its possible one of them actually win. We know Trip loses. Maybe Ash will go against one of those three next, lets say Stephan. Ash beats Stephan and goes against Kotetsu and wins, and then faces Virgil in the finals where Ash loses.

I mean it can be in any order, but what if it happens that way.

As for Plasma, I'm sticking with my earlier theory. Plasma was only going to be used to give TR more story in Unova. Since they canceled Plasma's pilot episode then they won't use Plasma at all for the rest of the anime. Could they appear? Yes, there is nothing that says they won't. I just don't see it happening due to what happened with the pilot episode.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
True,but one thing I don't understand is,why did Zekrom appear in the first episode and who woke him up? Uselly the movies don't tie in with the Anime,which kinda makes what I said earlyer useless. I hope Zekrom reappears other wise that would be a useless point in the anime. We have hardly seen anything about Reshiram,Zekrom,and Kyreum in the anime other than the movies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Xander stole my idea! xD
I also think Satoshi will beat all 3 his rivals and lose to Virgil... it's somehow similar to Harrison or whatever his name was, in the Johto League or Ritchie in the Kanto League.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Thinking realistically what will probably happen is what Xander has mentioned. He'll beat three of his four rivals and lose to one of 'em. He's already beaten Trip (in a one on one match which I don't approve of. What are you doing Unova League stop acting like a Don Battle Tournament) so chances are he'll beat two others and lost against one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Virgil either.

And then if we don't get a new generation announced some sort of arc which will then show whatever sixth generation Pokemon they leak. The fact that they haven't leaked anything so far is what concerns me about having the league happen already. Damn Unova and its strange pacing.

Unrealistically and probably won't happen I want the league postponed somehow and some sort of arc happens where Ash can develop his team a little to further prepare for the League. While I don't believe they did that bad a job with his team and giving him good members it's not as developed as Sinnoh's. Though sadly, I doubt Snivy or Oshawott will be evolving; their personalities would just go against it I feel. But at least Pignite can evolve to Emboar and maybe Scraggy to Scrafty but I doubt that one as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
True,but one thing I don't understand is,why did Zekrom appear in the first episode and who woke him up? Uselly the movies don't tie in with the Anime,which kinda makes what I said earlyer useless. I hope Zekrom reappears other wise that would be a useless point in the anime. We have hardly seen anything about Reshiram,Zekrom,and Kyreum in the anime other than the movies.

Legends don't tend to have roles in the Anime. Unova is one of the few regions where they use the Major legends freely. Other than the older episodes, the legends have been seen in control of a human which almost contradicts the mysticism given to them in the beginning. It used to be shown but not known.

I can only remember Lugia, The Kami Trio, Meleotta, Regi, and Articuno getting major appearances. Sure there were a ton of minor ones, but those had episodes centered around them.

Zekrom's only purpose seems to have been for Pikachu's Reset, which was bascially a repeat, or even threepeat of when Ash left his home region fresh. (just Pikachu)

I think Pikachu got the electric sickness in both Hoenn and Sinnoh at the beginning of each anime where he gets supercharged and then quickly releases all the electricity built up weakening him. Zekrom's appearance stole Pikachu's strength early in and Pikachu had to build up electricity again leaving it weaker than it was before.

They also never said Zekrom was asleep in the Anime. From what I remember, Zekrom and Reshiram were very much awake and roaming freely in the Anime, they were just impossible to find.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Stephan's probably not going to win. He already won the Wishing Bell festival and, by extension, the Donamite/Clubsplosion tournament. He's gotten plenty of attention and awards already, but he's not an ace-in-the-hole like Tobias.

Unless the Unova conference is set up differently (like the Silver league where the best trainer out of three matches advances), it appears from the leaked comic/manga that Trip exits the competition early. Oh, and Trip disregards his prejudice towards Kanto natives and finds new respect for Ash and his brash methods... yeah, like Paul didn't come to that conclusion. And Paul wasn't a new trainer like Trip; before competing in the Lily-of-the-Valley conference apparently Paul competed in the other major leagues of that nation/continent.

Bianca sure is a wildcard to predict. We've seen Bianca progress in the series, from catching her first Pokemon, to trading her Shelmet for a disobedient Escavalier, to entering various competitions, to proving to her father she is competent to go on a Pokemon journey. She usually doesn't seem to do well, as she lost the first round of the first club tournament. However, the later Clubsplosion tournament she placed in the top four before losing to the winner of the tournament, Stephan. She could be just like her "cousin" Barry, compete in the league briefly, but then lose out early. Or, Bianca could hit a vein of luck and sweep the entire league by surprise. She may have potential, and her character will go through a roller coaster of development if she were to be champion. I would be thrilled if Bianca were to win, though I kind of doubt it. It would toy with the first rumors upon Black and White's release that Bianca was the champion of the Elite Four.

The young child in me (I'm not pregnant or anything) is cheering for Ash. Not only have we watched Ash go from league to league getting closer and closer to the gold, patterns predict Ash will place high. Ash was runner-up in the first and third Battle Club tournaments, as well as top four in the highly-competitive single-Pokemon tournament. It is also important to note that in every other region of the anime, Ash has won at least one competition. In Kanto he won the P1 Grand Prix with some girl's Rapidash. In the Orange Archipelago he was the champion of a more informal league. He won various competitions throughout Johto, including the Bug Catching Contest and the Extreme Pokemon race. He won both Pokeringer competitions in Hoenn and Sinnoh. And when he returned to Kanto for the Battle Frontier, he defeated all seven Frontier Brains and was invited to become one himself. So far in Unova, Ash has come very close in all of his endeavors, typically placing as runner-up, but no first-place wins have come of it. You'd think that he would be bound to win something, and why not save the win for the grand finale of the arc? If Ash were to win, it would be leeway for Ash to stick around in Unova for a little while longer. He will be champion, a huge step for Ash (Pummelo doesn't count as his first championship), and as champion he will probably have to take on the Unova Elite Four (Lucian mentioned this in the anime). If that is the case, Ash will probably battle Shauntal, Marshal, and Grimsley, as they have yet to make an appearance in the anime. He'll lose to one of those three, as the anime already introduced Caitlin in the exhibition battle for the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup.

However, if also following current trends (which really aren't reliable in reality), Ash will probably also runner-up in the Unova League Conference. Not only is that the average place he has earned his entire time in Unova, by tracking trends of the four other leagues, he'd likely progress to runner-up. In Kanto he was top sixteen, Johto and Hoenn top eight (losing to the champion in Hoenn), and progressed as far as the semifinals in Sinnoh to lose to the ridiculous legendary trainer Tobias and was the only trainer to be able to defeat Tobias's Darkrai the entire tournament.

True,but one thing I don't understand is,why did Zekrom appear in the first episode and who woke him up? Uselly the movies don't tie in with the Anime,which kinda makes what I said earlyer useless. I hope Zekrom reappears other wise that would be a useless point in the anime.

Need I remind you of a little item called the GS Ball? It was dropped from being a plotline in favor of a film starring Celebi and pointless pork of Johto fillers. The writers hoped that viewers would forget the arc over time, but considering it began the entire journey to the Orange Islands and the Johto region... yeah. People are still wondering about it's whereabouts.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm,ya I kinda forgot about that. And they probably had to change the whole plot of the episodes after they didn't air the Plasma episodes. Then again they may had already had them all written which I highly doubt. I really don't like the fact he beats Trip in the first round. I am going to assume there are 32 trainers in the League,maybe 64. If there is 32 then there is 5 rounds. That means he will probably have to beat all 5 people. Trip being beat already. I don't think the guy with the Riolu will win for the simple fact he is like Morrison,I thnk that was his name in Hoenn,and he didn't know he needed 8 badges. I'm actually really surprised Bianca was getting badges. Bianca has trained a lot. She even beat Trip in one of the tournaments. Bianca would be a nice last battle with Ash in the League,because he was the one who convinced her father to let her stay on her journey. I am gonna say Bianca or the Eevee guy will be his last battle. Be nice to see the eevee evolve into a new eeveelution during the battle with Ash. A pokemon he doesn't know which he could lose aginst. That would be intersting.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They only made 4 of the competing trainers for the Unova Conference into Battle able NPCs for the PWT. Bianca wasn't in there so she may lose to Stephen, Kotetsu or Virgil. They are highlighting those four (Tripp as well) for some reason, and from what I saw Bianca doesn't appear in the PWT download at all, she's not listed at least.

If they don't randomize the order, the trainers can appear in the order that they actually win/face off/place in the anime.

As for the GS ball, it was just left with Kurt in the anime.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
They only made 4 of the competing trainers for the Unova Conference into Battle able NPCs for the PWT. Bianca wasn't in there so she may lose to Stephen, Kotetsu or Virgil. They are highlighting those four (Tripp as well) for some reason, and from what I saw Bianca doesn't appear in the PWT download at all, she's not listed at least.
I think it has less to do with what's going to happen in the League and more to do with the fact that Bianca is already in the game. I guess they could have added an additional team for her, but it would still look pretty odd.

At any rate, I'd like it if this tournament was made available in the US... it's not so likely because the anime isn't as big over here, but I can dream, can't I?

Back