• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<= PUZZLES! => The Professor Layton Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachewy

Should be doing homework atm.
Years
Do any of you use the blogspot walkthrough when playing Professor Layton?

...This thread seems a bit inactive... -_-

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Which was the first game you played?

My first game was Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

Which game is your favourite?

So far, Unwound Future. The storyline may be a little confusing, but I love it. But when VS Ace Attorney comes out that will be my game. I even made a fanfic to celebrate my fav video characters coming together xD .

What is your favourite puzzle and/or puzzle type(s)?

My favourite puzzles are usually the ones that are trick questions and the like.
something like this;
Spoiler:

Pikachewy

Years
One problem though... I don't think that PL vs AA will come out in english... :<
Type in "will professor layton vs ace attorney come out in english" on google and click the 2nd option (I haven't made 15 posts yet so no hyperlinks -_-)
TAT I REALLY don't want to believe this... I dunno if it's true or not...

EDIT: "Capcom has confirmed that its exciting Pheonix Wright and Professor Layton crossover title for the Nintendo 3DS is currently exclusively a Japanese release.

The game is a collaborative effort between Capcom and Level-5 and has been written by Ace Attorney creator Shu Takumi.

The publisher has encouraged international gamers to share their excitement and support for the game in the comments section of the Capcom-Unity blog. With enough comments the game may receive an international release, it says."

Weespotty

The girl of nature
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 18, 2011
I'm under 13! and Im a fan!
The 1st game, It was awesome
They're all good, But if I had to choose, The 3rd game.

I like all the puzzles!

Pikachewy

Years
I am too :)
Welcome! XD But you'll have to wait untill Nutella comes back to add your name to the list.

EDIT: We have hit the second page!!! Horray~

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
Oh, we won't let this thread die. I mean, we already have two pages-- this is a legendary thread in the making!

As for PL vs. AA, I don't mind if it's in Japanese as long as I can get my hands on it and play it on my DS. I'm looking forward to it. Though I'm not sure whether it will be as good as the trailers made it look...

Anyway welcome Impo and Weespotty!

Years
I want to join.

First one. Pure awesomeness.
Third one without a doubt. The plot was very good and the graphics are awesome.
I like all kinds of puzzles.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Do any of you use the blogspot walkthrough when playing Professor Layton?

I try my best not to use walkthroughs. About 95% of the time, I don't use one to find answers, but I do so to find Hint Coins and hidden puzzles. Even though the Puzzle Shack helps you out.

One problem though... I don't think that PL vs AA will come out in english... :<

I heard a similar rumour like that... as with all rumours, if only I could remember the source! I hope this won't be the case, given the popularity of the two games.

Also, welcome to new members! I may be tugging on strings, but here's another topic that could keep us posting a couple of more times:

Favourite character?

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Favourite character?
Because I'm unsure if this is spoiler or not, I'll put it in a tag.
Spoiler:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
I don't really have a favorite character in particular, but I always appreciated Layton the most. With the ending on Unwound Future, man, my respect our good ol' archeologist.

How about our mysterious friend, Stachenscarfen? :D

Stachenscarfen.png

EDIT:

Yeah, I think the Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game will have low chances of reaching international shores. They already made Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Japan only. It's probably due to the lackluster sales that Capcom got for the Phoenix Wright series in general (Its sales only got a cult fanbase rather than a big hotcake seller like Okamiden or something).

Sources: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...x-Wright-Crossover-for-Japan-Only-Says-Capcom

http://palgn.com.au/nintendo-ds/18701/ace-attorney-investigations-2-not-getting-localised/

Last edited:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
I definitely love Luke and "Legal Luke". Of course, Mr. Layton is a close second. Don Paolo is pretty funny; he cracks me up. I always try to call him Don Paula, LOL.

Yeah, I think the Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game will have low chances of reaching international shores. They already made Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Japan only. It's probably due to the lackluster sales that Capcom got for the Phoenix Wright series in general (Its sales only got a cult fanbase rather than a big hotcake seller like Okamiden or something).

*Sigh* Looks like people have no choice but to play in Japanese, or wait for a translated emulation.

Pikachewy

Years
Having to play the game in Japanese will probably cause little/no understanding of the storyline...  ಥ﹏ಥ Weird sad face.

New topics: How did you get to know about Professor Layton?

Which character do you think resembles you?

Last edited:

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
Having to play the game in Japanese will probably cause little/no understanding of the storyline...

Luckily, my Japanese is quite good. There may be some things I won't get, but I should be okay.
How did you get to know about Professor Layton?

My sister bought it one day, and she recommended that I play it. I fell in love! I was hooked! XD

That's a tough one. I'd love to say Lady Dahlia, because she's beautiful, but I'll probably go with Starchen- just because I'm a bit of joker and don't take many things seriously.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm learning Japanese at the moment, so by the time the game comes out, I might be okay to play it. xD;
Who knows. I still suck at it. xDD;;

How did you get to know about Professor Layton?
I just played my cousin's copy of it once. But since there was limited time, I didn't take the game seriously and found it boring. Some time after, I tried getting it myself and playing it. It was magnificent. xD;

Uhh.This is a really hard question. xDD;;
Um. Uhhh. ...Legal Luke, maybe? xD;

That fanart is adorable, btw. xD;

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years

Oh~ The sheer win. You should give Pixiv a try if you haven't already. Lots of quality Japanese fanart. Not to sound racist, but I usually prefer the styles of Japanese fanartists rather than the Western.

I'm learning Japanese at the moment, so by the time the game comes out, I might be okay to play it. xD;
Who knows. I still suck at it. xDD;;

Cool! Very brave of you- Japanese is tough! =O I've been speaking, reading and writing for years and my opinion hasn't changed.

Uhh.This is a really hard question. xDD;;
Um. Uhhh. ...Legal Luke, maybe? xD

If you look like Legal Luke, you're in trouble! ;)
http://wredwrat.deviantart.com/gallery/12709539

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back