• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Yes, I did. Please, someone give me a solution longer than one sentence and two brain cells.
Alright, that's cool. You just be hatin' on me, that's a'ight. For your scripting problem, you may want to try XSE, it has a really easy compile function, that is built into the program itself. It also has a lot of extras, making it, IMO, a better scripting program than Pokescript. As for your other problem, there's nothing you can do but read tuts. Anybody here will tell you that. Don't go around insulting people that are trying to help you. Have a nice day :)

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Firered just to say it!

I don't know if this is a simple question and i have tried to search too. When i make a warp script, i want to warp to a new map and the number is 3.66, 1 more than 65 which is the normal amount in advanced map because i inserted a new map but a black screen comes and nothing else when i try, every map else works fine without the new created ones? Whats wrong? How do i fix this?
maybe you've made a common mistake... in a script, the command for warp in your case is:
warp 0x3 66 (NOT 0x66) ... ... ...
in fact 0x66 means 66 in Hex, 66 instead means 66 in decimal (like A.Map's map you've inserted)

Alright, that's cool. You just be hatin' on me, that's a'ight. For your scripting problem, you may want to try XSE, it has a really easy compile function, that is built into the program itself. It also has a lot of extras, making it, IMO, a better scripting program than Pokescript. As for your other problem, there's nothing you can do but read tuts. Anybody here will tell you that. Don't go around insulting people that are trying to help you. Have a nice day :)
I quote with you... XSE is definetly the best

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2009
Please help me out

Before I begin this message, I want to say I've used the search function, and looked through threads/forums for at least 2 hours with no avail so please don't just reply with "OMG JOO NOOOB THE ANSWER IS ALREADY DONE". I'm wondering how DS games (Specifically Platinum) text is edited. I've found crappy engrish patches (not that I claim to be able to do any better, I don't even know how to) but I would really rather look at some Moonspeak to English tables myself and try to do my own translation. I do realize the game will be out soon, so please don't respond with "just wait", I've gotten plenty of that on other sites too. Pokecommunity seems like an extremely compitent forum at any questions having to do with pokemon ROMs, I've just never been able to get an answer to this on this site, or google, along with other forum sites. I'm not sure if this is possible, I don't know if it uses actual text, or just pictures (which would be difficult to change, I know). Any information would be great, and appreciated. Thanks in advance -IBS2k

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I set a healing place in the forest at a healing stone but when I die it sends me to a pokecenter what am I doing wrong?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I set a healing place in the forest at a healing stone but when I die it sends me to a pokecenter what am I doing wrong?
How did you set the forest to a healing place? Healing places are different from flying positions. You'd have to find an unused PC and repoint the map data and then remap the forest. You need to repoint the map data because all the PCs use the same map data.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Reposting...
Nobody knows?

Is the warp number correctly?
Dit you create the 2nd map, placed the warps, then made the map smaller?
That can fk a map up...

Also, try re-inserting the map.

I've got a question myself: How does the respawning work?
When I lose a fight in the very beginning, I get send to warp0 bank0 map0, instead of to the flying position of the map...
It's the first map, so it doesnt have a Pokécenter.
And I'm talking about losing before the first town.
After reaching the first town, everything works fine in my hack.

But how does the respawning work in general?

And is there a way/tool to really edit the funcions of items?
Like, can I make a Focus Sash or that kind of stuff in Emerald?

Lastly, Can someone give me the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there is a topic here about that, but they only give the number of the Battle Frontier Symbols (2525), not the regular Badges...

Last edited:

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
1. Sure it is
2. What do you mean by 2nd map?

As for your problem, I wouldn't know.

With the 2nd map I mean the cave.
Did you make it smaller at some point?
And did re-inserting work?
Or try re-inserting at another location (remember to change the warp).

Also, you can't be in the map you're editting.
Try saving inside a house neaby.

Also, if you create your own warps, remember that "0x10" isnt the same as "10".

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Is the warp number correctly?
Dit you create the 2nd map, placed the warps, then made the map smaller?
That can fk a map up...

Also, try re-inserting the map.

I've got a question myself: How does the respawning work?
When I lose a fight in the very beginning, I get send to warp0 bank0 map0, instead of to the flying position of the map...
It's the first map, so it doesnt have a Pokécenter.
And I'm talking about losing before the first town.
After reaching the first town, everything works fine in my hack.

But how does the respawning work in general?

And is there a way/tool to really edit the funcions of items?
Like, can I make a Focus Sash or that kind of stuff in Emerald?

Lastly, Can someone give me the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there is a topic here about that, but they only give the number of the Battle Frontier Symbols (2525), not the regular Badges...
1- you have to use command "sethealingplace" i think
2-No, it isn't possible to modify behaviour of items... but maybe It'll be a tool some day...
3- I don't know, but you can do a research with Unlz... It can't take more time than 10 minutes, does it?

Dasrein

Pocket Developer
Years
Ok, thank you. It just doesn't seem like people care sometimes, you know.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Ok I searched but for some reason didn't find the answer to my question. I'm very tired so here goes.

What are the free flags in pokemon ruby us?

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Flags you ned: 200-300, 600-700, 1000-1100...

And my question:
How do I change the door animation in RUby?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Wow.
8,000 posts in one thread.
That's a lot :P

I suppose I have to ask a simple question...
Is there such thing as high grass in pokemon FireRed? Like the one in Ruby and stuff?
Yeah, the animation still lies there. You'd have to insert the base tile for it to work correctly.
So how would you go about creating the tall(er) grass? I highly doubt that simply inserting the base tile into a free spot in my block palette would work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back