• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls - Akatosh's Hourglass [M]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
attachment.php

Akatosh's Hourglass
Created by Elite Killer
Original RP had assistance from WestsideConnection
portland-press-herald_3555968.png

Elder Scrolls wiki, I put a lot of links in my post, but if there is anything else you want to research, look there.

Background:

It is fifteen years after the events of Skyrim, and violence still grips Tamriel. The Skyrim Civil War concluded three years ago, with the Nords triumphing and claiming Skyrim independent. Despite this independence, feelings are starting to escalate between Skyrim, and what is left of the fledging Empire, which now just includes Cyrodiil and High Rock. But even High Rock, which is now disconnected from the Empire, has had their support shaken.

Meanwhile, the Argonian State, which encompasses Black Marsh and Morrowind, is nearly bankrupt after paying the Aldmeri Dominion a large sum of money to remain independent, which leaves the Dunmer, natives of Morrowind that had no say in the negogiations, attempting to overthrow the "cowardly" Argonian government.

Back to Skyrim, Ulfric Stormcloak, now High King of Skyrim, announced full-out war on the Aldmeri Dominion four years ago. Neither side has made up much ground, but the Dominion managed to take the North-eastern city of Winterhold a few weeks ago (in the RP world), which puts the Dominion in striking distance to Windhelm, Ulfric's capital.

The Dominion hasn't just gone to war with Skyrim either, declaring war on the remnants of the Cyrodillic Empire shortly after taking Winterhold from the Stormcloaks. The Dominion is set on their goal, pure Elven Domination of Tamriel. It would as if the powers of Tamriel are going to destroy each other. But, when all seemed lost for Tamriel, a glimmer of light reached the continent.

A tablet found in the Valus Mountains, which goes along the Cyrodill/Morrowind border, goes into detail of a artifact named after Akatosh, the much revelled god of time. This artifact, called Akatosh's hourglass, is supposed to give the wielder the powers of the god Akatosh. This artifact has drawn increased political interest, and was the main reason for the Aldmeri, along with all the other political and cultural powers taking an increased interest in Cyrodiil. But one thing the tablet failed to mention, the location of the tablet, which has set off a continent wide scavenger hunt.

You, through your character, is a citizen of Tamriel who has found themselves imprisoned in the Imperial City dungeon, whether the imprisonment is just or not, you are in prison. Not for long however, as the RP begins as the Aldmeri are invading the Imperial Capital, giving you the chance to escape as the prison is being bombarded, and the guards are fighting elves. So, you are to escape prison and find the hourglass, whether or not you are connected to a political faction.

Rules:

• Standard RP Corner and PC rules apply
  • NPC's are okay, as long as you fill out a mini-SU for a NPC that will be around for a while.
  • I will play the major NPC's, like political leaders, guild leaders and other IPC's (Important Plot Characters, I'm hoping it catches on)
  • Only the GM knows the location of the Hourglass, I will not play like I know the location of the Hourglass.
  • You can create your own sub-plots, and wander off from the main plot, since this is Elder Scrolls
  • Everything requires an explanation. You can't just say "derp it turns out he derped and herped and now he is derp" give some reasoning.

SU:

Name: (What is your character's name, make it sound like a name that fits your species)
Species: (One of the ten, no mixed breeds)
Appearance: (What does your character look like? Pictures are acceptable)
Personality: (How does your character act? What are their traits? Likes and dislikes? Opinions?)
History: (Your character's history up to now, include why they are looking for Hourglass)

Spots:

1. Taken by Elite Killer
2. Aurian - Bosmer (Pointblank)

Maps

Tamriel Map:

Spoiler:

Cyrodiil Map(Most of RP will be in Cyrodiil):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Well, I am a fan of the Elder Scrolls... :3

I feel I should ask, though. How much of a lore-junkie are you? Do you know of things like CHIM?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, I am a fan of the Elder Scrolls... :3

I feel I should ask, though. How much of a lore-junkie are you? Do you know of things like CHIM?

Im not a super lore junkie, although i know of CHIM. Dont expect an explanation however for one cannot explain CHIM.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Im not a super lore junkie, although i know of CHIM. Dont expect an explanation however for one cannot explain CHIM.
Excellent, then I hope these prodding questions won't offend.

How come Black Marsh needed to bribe the Aldmeri Dominion? That place has never been successfully invaded; not even when the Empire was at the apex of its power. In no small part thanks to the Hist, I would imagine. I'd have thought their response to threats would be more along the lines of "Come at me, bro." :P

Forgive me if this is meant to be part of the mystery, because it could just be the hourglass is an in-game lie, but...why would Akatosh put all of his power into a Tamrielic artifact? He barely has any left after he, along with the other Divines, gave up the majority of their power to create the Earthbones.

And something not related to established lore; wouldn't any scholar character assume that Akatosh's hourglass might be in Akavir? That's where the majority of Cyrodiil's dragon-y stuff comes from, and the Nerevarine did disappear there after the events of Morrowind... 'Twould be difficult to create a scholar character if they're just looking for the best ship to Akavir. :v

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Excellent, then I hope these prodding questions won't offend.

How come Black Marsh needed to bribe the Aldmeri Dominion? That place has never been successfully invaded; not even when the Empire was at the apex of its power. In no small part thanks to the Hist, I would imagine. I'd have thought their response to threats would be more along the lines of "Come at me, bro." :P

The Argonian's bribe was based on the fact that they are dealing with the insurrection in Morrowind, as well as searching for the hourglass. The bribe is more of a distraction, then a surrendering.

Forgive me if this is meant to be part of the mystery, because it could just be the hourglass is an in-game lie, but...why would Akatosh put all of his power into a Tamrielic artifact? He barely has any left after he, along with the other Divines, gave up the majority of their power to create the Earthbones.

It is part of the mystery, as it is written now, no one in Tamriel knows where the hourglass came from, how it got there, or why it is there. I hate to sound that cliche, but you will uncover reasoning through your character.

And something not related to established lore; wouldn't any scholar character assume that Akatosh's hourglass might be in Akavir? That's where the majority of Cyrodiil's dragon-y stuff comes from, and the Nerevarine did disappear there after the events of Morrowind... 'Twould be difficult to create a scholar character if they're just looking for the best ship to Akavir. :v

I have considered Akavir to be explorable, but I could not find enough solid database for Akavir to be in the game, but I will keep looking,(get it, because in the RP, you are looking for a Hourglass) and if I can build a concrete basis on which to make Akavir explorable, I will.

My replies are in red, bold and Italic typing. Now, are we going to discuss lore or are you wishing to join?

Pointblank

#YOLO
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Oh sweet, Elder Scrolls! Sign me up!

Name: Aurian (Bosmer don't have family names)
Species: Bosmer (Wood Elf)
Appearance:

url

Personality:

Aurian is a very calm and relaxed person, and does not get riled up easily. He is very cool, calm and calculating, and has a tremendous amount of patience, and can outlast nearly anyone when it comes to waiting. Aurian is very quiet, and is not very talkative unless it is for information he needs. Aurian has been moulded into an emotionless person through the wars and battles he has fought in, and has turned into a hollow fighting machine as opposed to a living Mer. Aurian is a down-to-earth person, yet he personally does not abide by the Green Pact set in Valenwood. Aurian is level-headed, and is not overconfident and does not overlook resistance. Aurian's opinions on the War against Skyrim are critical, Aurian believing Ulfric is nothing but a barbarian, and needs to be eliminated. Aurian is a firm believer in Elven Supremacy, due to his days in the Military Academy. Aurian is a cold person, and feels emotions for few people, and everyone else Aurian treats with courteous detachment. Aurian is very intelligent, and is quite a avid learner, despite being a soldier.

History:

Aurian was born on the island of Stros M'kai, to a pair of Bosmer scholars who were researching the Dwemer Ruins on Stros M'Kai. Due to this, Aurian grew up with lots of Dwarven influence, and all his weapons are Dwarven inventions. Although his parents were peaceful scholars, Aurian became interested in fighting and trained in the art of war. Through this, Aurian became quiet skillful for his age.

When Aurian was thirteen, his parents, wanting to help their son reach his goals, sent Aurian to a Military Academy in Alinor, where Aurian learned the ways of the Thalmor. Despite the high elves preference for magic, Aurian's Bosmer blood made him a natural archer. So, when Aurian reached military age, he signed up and joined a battalion of archers.

Aurian first began his service back in Stros M'kai, due to the threat of a Redguard invasion. Aurian was stationed in Stros M'kai for eight years, with nothing but a few skirmishes with Redguard forces. While in Stros M'kai, Aurian met an Imperial lady, who be became involved with, named Renee Augustus. During his stay in Stros M'kai, Aurian began to become romantically attached to Renee, and the two married shortly before Aurian was called out to Skyrim. Aurian still has a house there that he used to visit before being imprisoned.

After his time in Stros M'kai, Aurian was called to the front lines when war broke out between the Dominion and Skyrim. Aurian quickly became revelled as a war hero out in the field, almost single handedly defending a Thalmor outpost in Hjaalmarch, with twenty-eight confirmed kills in one day. As Aurian was earning commendations on the battlefield, his hard-fought efforts were going unnoticed back in Alinor, even after he served valiantly in the Battle of Winterhold recently, putting twenty-seven Stormcloaks to death in the battle, and capturing the Jarl of Winterhold alive.

After Winterhold, Aurian and his battalion were being transported back to Stros M'kai when his ship was intercepted by Imperial forces, and eight Thalmor ships, including the one Aurian was on, were lost. Aurian was taken prisoner by Imperial forces, and sentenced to life in prison, originally in the City of Anvil, in Cyrodiil. Aurian tried to get the Thalmor to negotiate Aurian's release, but the Thalmor refused. Feeling betrayed, Aurian attempted to break out of prison. Aurian managed to escape the prison, but was caught by Imperial Soldiers just outside of the Elsweyr border nine days ago. Perceived as a threat, Aurian was locked up, this time in the Imperial City's Dungeon, for life. Hearing about Akatosh's Hourglass from a Prison guard, Aurian concluded that he would attempt another escape to obtain the hourglass, and exact revenge on the Thalmor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
@Pointblank: Sure thing, I'll reserve you, finish when you can.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
My replies are in red, bold and Italic typing. Now, are we going to discuss lore or are you wishing to join?
We'll see. I'll wait to see what a few other people make, for ideas on why an individual would take it upon themselves to find the hourglass.

I don't like being an organization's grunt, so. :P

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Reserve me please!

Also, can I use the same SU I used last time?

Pointblank

#YOLO
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Oh sweet, Elder Scrolls! Sign me up!

Name: Aurian (Bosmer don't have family names)
Species: Bosmer (Wood Elf)
Appearance:

url

Personality:

Aurian is a very calm and relaxed person, and does not get riled up easily. He is very cool, calm and calculating, and has a tremendous amount of patience, and can outlast nearly anyone when it comes to waiting. Aurian is very quiet, and is not very talkative unless it is for information he needs. Aurian has been moulded into an emotionless person through the wars and battles he has fought in, and has turned into a hollow fighting machine as opposed to a living Mer. Aurian is a down-to-earth person, yet he personally does not abide by the Green Pact set in Valenwood. Aurian is level-headed, and is not overconfident and does not overlook resistance. Aurian's opinions on the War against Skyrim are critical, Aurian believing Ulfric is nothing but a barbarian, and needs to be eliminated. Aurian is a firm believer in Elven Supremacy, due to his days in the Military Academy. Aurian is a cold person, and feels emotions for few people, and everyone else Aurian treats with courteous detachment. Aurian is very intelligent, and is quite a avid learner, despite being a soldier.

History:

Aurian was born on the island of Stros M'kai, to a pair of Bosmer scholars who were researching the Dwemer Ruins on Stros M'Kai. Due to this, Aurian grew up with lots of Dwarven influence, and all his weapons are Dwarven inventions. Although his parents were peaceful scholars, Aurian became interested in fighting and trained in the art of war. Through this, Aurian became quiet skillful for his age.

When Aurian was thirteen, his parents, wanting to help their son reach his goals, sent Aurian to a Military Academy in Alinor, where Aurian learned the ways of the Thalmor. Despite the high elves preference for magic, Aurian's Bosmer blood made him a natural archer. So, when Aurian reached military age, he signed up and joined a battalion of archers.

Aurian first began his service back in Stros M'kai, due to the threat of a Redguard invasion. Aurian was stationed in Stros M'kai for eight years, with nothing but a few skirmishes with Redguard forces. While in Stros M'kai, Aurian met an Imperial lady, who be became involved with, named Renee Augustus. During his stay in Stros M'kai, Aurian began to become romantically attached to Renee, and the two married shortly before Aurian was called out to Skyrim. Aurian still has a house there that he used to visit before being imprisoned.

After his time in Stros M'kai, Aurian was called to the front lines when war broke out between the Dominion and Skyrim. Aurian quickly became revelled as a war hero out in the field, almost single handedly defending a Thalmor outpost in Hjaalmarch, with twenty-eight confirmed kills in one day. As Aurian was earning commendations on the battlefield, his hard-fought efforts were going unnoticed back in Alinor, even after he served valiantly in the Battle of Winterhold recently, putting twenty-seven Stormcloaks to death in the battle, and capturing the Jarl of Winterhold alive.

After Winterhold, Aurian and his battalion were being transported back to Stros M'kai when his ship was intercepted by Imperial forces, and eight Thalmor ships, including the one Aurian was on, were lost. Aurian was taken prisoner by Imperial forces, and sentenced to life in prison, originally in the City of Anvil, in Cyrodiil. Aurian tried to get the Thalmor to negotiate Aurian's release, but the Thalmor refused. Feeling betrayed, Aurian attempted to break out of prison. Aurian managed to escape the prison, but was caught by Imperial Soldiers just outside of the Elsweyr border nine days ago. Perceived as a threat, Aurian was locked up, this time in the Imperial City's Dungeon, for life. Hearing about Akatosh's Hourglass from a Prison guard, Aurian concluded that he would attempt another escape to obtain the hourglass, and exact revenge on the Thalmor.

My SU is done. Ready for Review.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
@Pointblank: You are accepted! Cool SU!

Join, people!

My SU:

Name: Ulrich Gondyctor
Species: Breton
Appearance:

200x200.resizedimage

Like that but he has a hood on most of the time due to he being a wanted man.

Personality:

Ulrich is very business oriented, preferring to make deals that suit him and he is the kind to get away with it. Ulrich analyzes every situation in order to find more ways to make a profit. Ulrich is cunning, intelligent and crafty. Ulrich is quite skilled in giving an inch and taking a mile, to quote the saying. Ulrich is very self-absorbed, and takes to the mindset that he is superior to most. Ulrich is very arrogant, due to his aristocrat nature and his economic power. Ulrich suffers from megalomania, which leads him to believe that he is meant to conquer all of Tamriel through economic and political power. Ulrich is very logical and intelligent when it comes to dealings negogiations with others, and can always seem to win a deal. Ulrich has the influence to be able to sell anything to anyone. Ulrich is a shrewd negogiator, possessing skills in diplomacy. Ulrich prefers not to form personal bonds unless it is for business. Ulrich has a aura of sophistication around him.

History:

Ulrich Gondyctor was born in Daggerfall, in High Rock. Ulrich was born to minor nobility who held little power. Ulrich was raised in comfort and luxury, like most nobility, not noticing the struggle many others faced. At an early age, Ulrich was taught the ways of diplomacy, in order to replace his father. Ulrich learned what he could diligently, but realized at a young age that his father held next to no power in the courts, and Ulrich was committed to establishing more power. When Ulrich was fifteen, he purchased the land and materials to build a store, The Daggerfall Trader, which functioned as a general store. Ulrich quickly received profits due to shrewd planning and back-handing a few people. Ulrich used these profits to build more shops, which he established in the major cities of High Rock. Ulrich quickly received profits and exceeded the rest of his family in profits. Due to his sucess and fame in High Rock, he was offered a position as economic advisor for Articlere's Lord. Ulrich accepted, yet managed to control his business empire which had started to expand into Hammerfell and Skyrim. Ulrich served in the economic advisor position for three years until he became bored of the job.

Ulrich left the job to run his company, now named the Daggerfall Trading Company, which had operations from the Summerset Isles to Morrowind and everywhere in between. Ulrich left High Rock and created his central office in Anvil, in Western Cyrodiil. Ulrich's company rivalled the East Empire Trading Company, which unlike Ulrich's company was funded by the Empire. Ulrich had built his company through tactical business measures. When Ulrich was twenty-nine, about ten years ago was invited to a meeting to possibly combine his Company with the East Empire Company. Ulrich once again accepted, and travelled to the Imperial City. The two parties began negogiating a pact which would unite the two companies. Ulrich was persistent that he should rule the combined company, while the East Empire Company wanted a board of directors. After the nineteenth day of unsuccessful negogiations, Ulrich returned to the inn where he was staying like any other day. What was different about this day was Ulrich was dragged into a alley and beaten mercifully, and left to die in the streets. Ulrich recovered, and fled Cyrodiil to Riften, which held his Skyrim office and was anti-Empire territory.

Soon after the beating, the Empire made it illegal for the Daggerfall Trading Company to be present in Cyrodiil and Western Skyrim. This dealt a major blow to Ulrich as more people and businesses were not willing to deal with the Daggerfall Trading Company after the law was passed, so within two years the company was nearly bankrupt, barely holding on to its posts in Eastern Skyrim. Ulrich felt broken, betrayed and cursed. His life's dream had fell apart. After six years of living in Skyrim holding on to the fledgling remains of the Daggerfall Trading Company, Ulrich returned to his home City of Daggerfall. Despite the rough ending to his business, Ulrich returned to Daggerfall as a celebrated icon. Ulrich quickly set up business in Daggerfall, and sold his assets in Skyrim. Ulrich once again became sucessful in High Rock, spreading his company, now the Gondyctor Traders Association, across High Rock, Hammerfell and the Aldmeri Dominion, once again Ulrich drew the ire of the Empire. So about one year before present times, Ulrich's Manor in Daggerfall was sieged by Imperial Forces, who clashed with Ulrich's personal mercenary serivce. After two weeks of the Imperial siege on the Gondyctor Manor, Ulrich surrendered to Imperial Forces and was arrested for charges of treason and fraud. Ulrich was brought to trial in the Imperial City.

After a short trial in which Ulrich was given no rights, Ulrich Gondyctor was deemed guilty of treason and fraud by a jury of his peers. Upon this conviction, Ulrich was sentenced to death. For the time until his execution, Ulrich was placed in the Imperial City dungeon.

Last edited:

Ice.

Ice.
Years
Name: Revyn Lennor
Species: Dunmer
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:

History:

Revyn Lennor was born in Windhelm, in the Province of Skyrim. Revyn's parents worked for the East Empire Company, Revyn's father Basil, working on a ship, the Red Fury, and his mother, Ira, as a clerk. Due to his father's occupation, Revyn barely knew his father. Revyn grew up in the Gray Quarter, a ghetto where all the Dunmer live. Revyn's family never had enough money, as Basil spent all his money while he was away and the East Empire Company vastly underpaid Ira. So, from a young age, Revyn was stealing to get food for his family, or money. Ira never knew where Revyn was getting all these things until Revyn, now fifteen, was caught stealing from a house. Revyn was thrown into jail for a year, a sentence Ira argued was unjust. Instead of considering what Ira was trying to say, the Nords killed her in the night. Revyn escaped jail in Windhelm, and fled the city to Shor's Stone, a small village south of Windhelm and North of Riften. Homeless, hungry, poor and desperate, Revyn started working at the mine in Shor's Stone. It was a tough living, and Revyn aspired for more, and moved south to Riften, home of the Thieves Guild. Revyn started by stealing only to keep himself alive, but then a certain Maven Black-Briar noticed Revyn's abilities, so Revyn became one of Maven's lackeys. Revyn started out by running errands, operating as a personal courier. Revyn operated as a Courier for eight more years, until he became fed up with the task and left Skyrim for good. Revyn moved to the Imperial City, where he once again went into the criminal side. Revyn became a much more successful freelance thief, pocketing large amounts of gold along with a large mansion in the Colovian highlands. Revyn kept up his successful career until a fated contract landed him in prison. This fated contract was to steal the totem of the Numidium. Revyn was placed in prison, but not without some tasty information. While in the Ayleid Ruin, Revyn found something to do with Akatosh's Hourglass, shortly before a tablet was found with similar context. Revyn decided, while in prison once again, that the Hourglass would be his last heist, then he would retire once and for all.

Will Finish

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Sounds good :) I'll have an SU in shortly.

Name: Graznak Ro-Bashnar
Species: Orismer

Appearance: Graznak is the average looking Orc. He has green-tinted skin, a rounded face, and large, bulky muscles that make a Nord's look small. His deep, brown eyes match his deep voice. His usual steel battle axe and steel-plated armor was taken from him when he entered the Imperial Prison.

Personality: Graznak is a fundamental Orc. He enjoys a good brawl and absolutely adores an all-out battle. He's quite the tactician, so he can be reckless when the blood lust sets in. Being a veteran of the great war, he has an extreme hatred for all those who serve the Aldmeri Dominion, and an unfair prejudice against Dark Elves and Wood Elves. Graznak is skilled in smithing and is a master of the battle-axe. His biggest flaw is his tendency to go berserk when he loses.

History: Graznak Ro-Bashnar was born in the mountainous kingdom of Orismur. He left the stronghold as a young hatchling, at about 10. He came to Cyrodil to join the Legion, like his father before him. They wouldn't accept him as a soldier, so he became a blacksmith. He had become a master by the time the Great War took place. The young General Tullius saw his skill in the forge, so he figured he could double as a mobile blacksmith and a solder. He sent him off with the first legion leaving Cyrodil to fight the Aldmeri Dominion. He fought in the front line in every battle, and defeated a good majority of Thalmor, including a certain fearsome general. His legion returned home after a major defeat. The legate of his unit accused him of betraying the legion to the Aldmeri, and sentenced him to 30 years in the Imperial Dungeon, and after that, a crucifixtion.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Here's my SU. Do hope I'm not too late

Spoiler:

Please go easy, it's midnight and It's been a little while since I've done this...

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Name: Tiberius Terronius
Species: Imperial
Appearance: Long grey hair, brown eyes, a few scars across his face, has a short beard and sideburns (sorry for no pic)
Personality: He believes in the truth and the Empire, he has a stern personality and can tell when he is being lied to. He likes to get to the point and is a man of a few words.
History: 20 years ago he was an adventurer exploring Tamriel until he took an arrow to the knee. He signed up as a Solitude guard and he fought against the Stormcloaks where he was captured, they released him though regretting it. A year later he killed all the men in a Stormcloak camp and fled to Cyrodil. He was poor and was living on garbage to survive when he decided to try his luck and stole bread from a bakery but was caught by Imperials who locked him up for the next 10 years. After escaping he seeks the Hourglass to redeem himself to the Imperials and the Empire and to destroy the Aldmeri and Stormcloaks.

Back