• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
That looks nice. Better than I can do for sure.
Although sprites are suppose to face, not down, not right, not left, not up, but face at this angle:

cL8Rk.png

I had no idea how to describe it :P

---

EDIT: I want to show 2 Fakemon I made:
Spoiler:

Please comment and compliment!

Credit to Chesu for the tutorial.

Pokedex entry template by someone from Deviant-art (check my Fakemon Album).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
My first fakemon,feedback please!

Ummm so i need
a good feedback and your opinions
i personally think that it isnt really good.
but i hope that you could tell me what to improve. ^ _ ^

This is Telvision
Front sprite
563246_209011549212168_100003099741081_356954_1956635949_n.jpg
Back sprite
563761_209011695878820_100003099741081_356955_725465775_n.jpg

Well i think that the backsprite doesnt looks really good but the frontsprite looks ....good ?I think

Years
Ummm so i need
a good feedback and your opinions
i personally think that it isnt really good.
but i hope that you could tell me what to improve. ^ _ ^

This is Telvision
Front sprite
563246_209011549212168_100003099741081_356954_1956635949_n.jpg
Back sprite
563761_209011695878820_100003099741081_356955_725465775_n.jpg

Well i think that the backsprite doesnt looks really good but the frontsprite looks ....good ?I think

First of all; USE .PNG AS YOUR SAVE FILE TYPE. IT MAKES SPRITES RETAIN THEIR CLARITY AND ORIGINAL COLORS WITHOUT THEM BEING DISTORTED. Sorry if that seemed like yelling, because it wasn't. :)

Well first I'll nitpick at design, since that's a major selling point to me. This creature doesn't seem all that different from your average, everyday television, besides appearing to be one from the 50's. You should work out a creative design that balances reality and a cartoon quality. For instance, look at Trubbish. It looks like it could be alive, but it also appears to be just a trash bag if in the right circumstance. If there's one thing I see when people are making sprites, its the common fallpoint to not have a solid and attractive design. Not enough embellishment is your issue here; for most people its making it TOO embellished, like adding wings onto a fox or spikes onto a rabbit. That face seems to be the most interesting part of the fakemon so far, so all you need to do is carry that through to the rest of the sprite.

Your shading seems to be on the fritz, so I'll throw this tutorial at you. This helped me out with spriting when I was just beginning. http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx#scratching

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
First of all; USE .PNG AS YOUR SAVE FILE TYPE. IT MAKES SPRITES RETAIN THEIR CLARITY AND ORIGINAL COLORS WITHOUT THEM BEING DISTORTED. Sorry if that seemed like yelling, because it wasn't. :)

Well first I'll nitpick at design, since that's a major selling point to me. This creature doesn't seem all that different from your average, everyday television, besides appearing to be one from the 50's. You should work out a creative design that balances reality and a cartoon quality. For instance, look at Trubbish. It looks like it could be alive, but it also appears to be just a trash bag if in the right circumstance. If there's one thing I see when people are making sprites, its the common fallpoint to not have a solid and attractive design. Not enough embellishment is your issue here; for most people its making it TOO embellished, like adding wings onto a fox or spikes onto a rabbit. That face seems to be the most interesting part of the fakemon so far, so all you need to do is carry that through to the rest of the sprite.

Your shading seems to be on the fritz, so I'll throw this tutorial at you. This helped me out with spriting when I was just beginning. http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx#scratching

Thanks for your opinions and tips,i really appreciate that,it really means to me much,well about the idea,well its a television i know it doesnt looks really interesting and thats because i lack of ideas,i see everywhere those awesome ideas of pokemons,those colours,those combinations,everything,...It is really stunning but mine ideas are really weak,i have to work it out,i know,...And thank you for the tutorial i will look on it right now,I have to get better at shading really ^^'' i know heheh,...
Again Thank you ~

Kazoki

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012

I was about to say that :P
And yeah, save them as a .PNG next time.
For shading the light source is from the north-west.

:o i see it now,the colours are really messy.
Thanks guys for telling me ^^
It would be a big mistake if i would post sprites
like this into public and then ppl would download it.
It wouldn't look good in the game heh,...

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Okay, here's a Blob thing, decided to call it Blood the Red Blob of Slime :D

I think the shading and curves are of, but what I think is the worst is the shading....

th_Blobi.png

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
So here is my second sprite
its a cloud fakemon
but this one is really pissed,so better
watch out of those thunderbolts ^^'
(no backsprite yet)
546685_209485025831487_100003099741081_358039_1904022465_n.jpg

Here it is,..... Angroud !!

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
Here are my first attempts at overworld spriting. I did make their other frames but lost it which made my excrutiatingly angry.

peoplethings.png
peoplethingsenlarged.png

The 1st one is just an alien thing with a black robe thingy. Its definitely not best.
The 2nd one is my attempt at the male protagonist from BW. I dont know what his name is
The 3rd is a girl though with her hair pulled back. And she has a hat on her head, which is covering her hair.
Tell mwa what ya think. mmmhmmm?? Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Electablizz and Electablaze

I want some constructive criticism on these guys. The only problem is that you can't suggest for new body attachments the outline has to be exactly the same as Electivires.

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
Hey guys. I will comment on your sprites but could you guys say something regarding mine as well? I am not that great of a spriter but I will try my best to help you.

Kazoki, your cloud, lightning sprite is sadly saved as a jpeg. That makes it look all gross and you cant do anything with that sprite. SAVE IT AS PNG.
I see you saved the bird, duckling as a png, so keep it that way. I like the duck but its shading looks kind of strange in some parts. Remember that the light source is to the top left. And I think the duck should be facing a little more downward. Great job otherwise!

Novastar. I really like those sprites. Are you asking for which palette is better or is that the male and female version of the sprite? I like the one to the right a little better for some reason. The shading and the lineart look great!!!

Finally, CharGrilled. Those are pretty sweet looking electivires! The only thing that I would have to say is that on the blue one maybe the outline color that you are using could be a little bit darker.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
Hey guys. I will comment on your sprites but could you guys say something regarding mine as well? I am not that great of a spriter but I will try my best to help you.

Kazoki, your cloud, lightning sprite is sadly saved as a jpeg. That makes it look all gross and you cant do anything with that sprite. SAVE IT AS PNG.
I see you saved the bird, duckling as a png, so keep it that way. I like the duck but its shading looks kind of strange in some parts. Remember that the light source is to the top left. And I think the duck should be facing a little more downward. Great job otherwise!

Well yeah umm the cloud was really crappy just a beginning heh
now i got the moves ^^,about the duck,its not really mine the design
belongs to someone else,so also the shadow and pose isn't mine,but still
its my best thing yet ^^

Years
Here are my first attempts at overworld spriting. I did make their other frames but lost it which made my excrutiatingly angry.

peoplethings.png
peoplethingsenlarged.png

The 1st one is just an alien thing with a black robe thingy. Its definitely not best.
The 2nd one is my attempt at the male protagonist from BW. I dont know what his name is
The 3rd is a girl though with her hair pulled back. And she has a hat on her head, which is covering her hair.
Tell mwa what ya think. mmmhmmm?? Thanks

Well. Their heads are very large for overworld sprites, unless it was intended to deviate from the Pokemon style. The shading is good on these otherwise. Also, that's Hilbert, the boy protagonist I mean.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Awesome,i like this one really,...
i bet its ice type heh ?
Anyways,great job!
Actually it was going to be the water starter of the region I'm starting to make.

Novastar. I really like those sprites. Are you asking for which palette is better or is that the male and female version of the sprite? I like the one to the right a little better for some reason. The shading and the lineart look great!!!
It's the regular and shiny versions. Anyways I decided to go with the previous shiny palette over the original and made a new shiny palette.

YSKzx.png

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
Well. Their heads are very large for overworld sprites, unless it was intended to deviate from the Pokemon style. The shading is good on these otherwise. Also, that's Hilbert, the boy protagonist I mean.

Hilbert? Never would have guessed that!
Yeah, it wasn't originally intended but I kind of like the way they look so I might make them like these for the hack I am planning to make. Thanks for the comment!

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
hi im starting to sprite.so these are very bad.i dont know what size do they have to be so yea here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back