• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
Years
Is it enough to trust someone before sex? Do you think that is appropriate or not to ask a potential sexual partner for STD/HIV testing results?
I would say that asking for paperwork is going a step too far, but just asking is fine in my book. Of course, if you're in a committed relationship and want to have unprotected sex, then I would say you should both go in and get tested at the same time.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Is it enough to trust someone before sex? Do you think that is appropriate or not to ask a potential sexual partner for STD/HIV testing results?
Pretty much what Charlie said. Everyone has the right to be sure they're not gonna catch something.

I will help revive it with moar questions!

Here is a very simple question for the gay/bi/etc. people:

What was the first time you recall being attracted to the same sex? How did it make you feel?

And for our small amount of trans and genderqueer peeps:

What was the first time you recall clearly identifying as not your birth gender?

Basically when did y'all find out you weren't like the other boys & girls :3

(Straight Allies can just say their early reactions to LGBT stuff I guess.)

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

I wouldn't go to the extremes of needing paperwork, but more like assurance that they're clean. Everyone deserves to be informed about their potential partner's health. However, if I can't be fully sure, I would go in and be tested along with them. (Though I would hate being diseased myself when I'm still a virgin. o_o)

What was the first time you recall being attracted to the same sex? How did it make you feel?

I believe most of my physical attraction comes from my imagination since I can find it pleasurable in thought being stimulated by someone of either sex, so... yeah, I can't really answer this very accurately past "after puberty hit me."

What was the first time you recall clearly identifying as not your birth gender?

Around the time I was in primary school (so between six and eight years old), where I MUCH more easily made friends with girls than I did with the boys around me (and I still do); getting told I was different from the girls and should be making friends with boys just made me feel extremely out of place.
With the unnecessary berating from my family (mostly mother and older brother) about me being girly, I started asking myself, "Why am I a boy anyways?"

The only ways I ever find myself "identifying" with my birth gender are enjoying the physical advantage (although only slight in my case except for some strenuous exceptions) that I wouldn't have as a girl, and the annoying off-day I just feel more "manly".

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Well, I am personally a fairly paranoid person, so if my partner knew that about me, hopefully he wouldn't find it weird to go get tested just for my sake. I wouldn't find it weird at all if he asked me, so I would hope he would feel the same way for my sake. :\

Back in 8th grade, for me. My 8th grade class went on a trip to a water park, so it was my first encounter, really, seeing others guys without shirts on, so I was like "Huh. Me likey." xD At the time, I knew I was supposed to find girls attractive, but i figured that maybe it was normal to find guys attractive as well, we just weren't supposed to say so. So I just figured I would wait and see when I would find a girl I was attracted to. It never happened. :\

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Wow it seems like everyone knew about their sexuality much later than I did; I was like in 4th grade when I knew I was attracted to the same sex. Although I never came out until I was 18. At the time, I was confused since I never heard of the concept of homosexuality, and barely understood the concept of sex.

As far as STD's go, I do not even know if my ex was honest or not; he ended up lying about everything. Although there was protection, I just don't know for sure.

In the future, I will not have any physical relationship(beyond kissing/cuddling) with someone until I know for sure that he is the right guy. But I think that it would be fair to ask if we both got checked out at a clinic to confirm STD's. I think it would be highly unfair to ask your partner to get tested, and not get tested yourself.

Years

Totally necessary to ask if someone has any STIs and still quite appropriate to ask for some kind of proof. I'll admit that I have not done the later, however. I would not be against doing it if someone asked. You're at the beginning of a relationship so you don't know each other that well, probably, so this is something that helps build trust.

What was the first time you recall being attracted to the same sex? How did it make you feel? What was the first time you recall clearly identifying as not your birth gender?

Gonna answer these together. When I was very young (I can't remember exactly, maybe 6?) I can remember playing with dolls and pretending to play dress up and other girly things so I've always had and known I wasn't quite gendered properly, but it wasn't until much later that I even understood that trans people existed and it was only in high school that I was able to really admit anything to myself.

Since I wasn't clear with myself who I was I can't say that my first attractions were really same-sex or opposite-sex, but I first was attracted to girls in the 6th grade and I can only remember first being conscious of attraction to boys around the start of 9th grade. Some time after that I cam to realize that I found some trans/androgynous people attractive, too.

How did I feel? Pretty weird and lousy mostly. I was one of those people who could have used an "It Gets Better" campaign at the time.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I would answer my own questions, but honestly my whole discovery experience was so vague and uneventful that there's not much to say. Basically, there was never much surprise as to being attracted to girls since at the time I thought "oh that's normal". And when I found out I was trans it pretty much started as "my body is so weird idk I just want it to change I don't need to live as a girl though" (physical dysphoria alone) and progressed rather quickly to coming out of the closet to myself and saying "well now I'm going to be a girl kthnx" and I was quite quick to accept myself. I realised gender identity feelings way later than most people, like fourteen/fifteen and I didn't have a very long "I'm gonna disregard this / shove it deep down inside and stifle it" phase like other transpeepz I know.
The only interesting thing is that I came to identify as a lesbian by watching yuri-themed animes and realising how good they made me felt, and not in a sexual way.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

Omg yes, always ask. This is so imperative I don't even. I am so paranoid about diseases and catching them, I'd put myself in a plastic bubble if it were socially acceptable. As it stands, it is socially acceptable to put a certain part of you in a plastic bubble so I always make sure to do that even if I am sure the guy is clean lol. I'll never have unprotected sex, anyway, I'm far too paranoid for that. I always wear a condom (or require whoever I'm sleeping with to do the same if the... situation requires it). But yeah, I always ask just for extra peace of mind. Though it's weird sometimes trying to do it in a way that's not a moodkiller lol

I was 9 or 10 when I first started having "sexual" thoughts about other boys (though, as a 9/10 year old, these were very very softcore and I'm not sure they'd even be considered sexual, it doesn't take much to please a kid lol) though I was sort of an oblivious child, so I never really thought much of it. I just lived in my own head and nothing much really phased me, so nothing really ever clicked. The first time I noticed myself noticing other boys was when I was 12 in my first year of high school in the change rooms after PE class. I won't get graphic, but a few of them took their shirts off and after that I had to get changed and leave very quickly to avoid embarrassment lol. It was at that point that I realised I was gay lmao. But yeah, I didn't go back into the changerooms until I was a little older and able to control my hormones a little better.

I feel like those might have been tmi responses, but hey you asked the questions...

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
You know, your immune system needs germs to strengthen so living in a germ-free environment is a death wish. But enough about Carlin facts.

I think it's very important to ask about STI/HIVs, that's something you really do need to be careful about. No one should be offended. when being asked about that.

Also I just have to say, I'm really proud of Pokecommunity for being an acceptable site. Even outside this club no one here is judged by their sexuality I fell in love with this site because of the hacking section but when I realized how open we are, I'm positive now that this is the best Pokemon site on the entire internet!

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This video is FOX News, which is famous as the least reliable news source in America because of its intense conservative spin that borders on propaganda. I saw nothing in that video that suggested it was anything different than exactly that.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D

TornZero

Years
I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D
Let me be the first to welcome you to the LGBTQIPAAOS Alliance, Snivy!

You'll find the vending machines, sitcoms and cartoons in the lounge, the games over in the den, movies and reality shows in the theatre, and (hopefully) your answers in this thread. :D

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
You can tell that that video is biased, but it does raise interesting points. Am I the only one who thinks the schools should only be for education and nothing else?

Welcome welcome welcome! We hope you can find both support and answers here! <3
But mostly support since the answers are in your heart. :3 (That was cheesier than I'd hoped . . . )

Years
I have not watched the video yet, but I'm going to assume it is something about schools teaching kids to be accepting of queer people.

You can tell that that video is biased, but it does raise interesting points. Am I the only one who thinks the schools should only be for education and nothing else?
What would you (or anyone else here) define as "education" then?

TornZero

Years

Welcome welcome welcome! We hope you can find both support and answers here! <3
But mostly support since the answers are in your heart. :3 (That was cheesier than I'd hoped . . . )
Cheesy, but very accurate. We're mostly here for support, but we can still help him find his answers.

Back