• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
You guys are so interesting.

Worst name I've heard of was "love" .__. I can't quite remember, there's a decent chance that it was a nickname. But, wow, if that's her nickname, how terrible is her real name?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Honestly? I think names are only truly terrible if the owner of said name hates it. If they have a good sense of humor about their name, or if they actually like their name even if it's unconventional.. in a way, to me, it has a sort of charm to it <3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There's someone I know whose friend's last name is Butts. She introduced my friend to her husband and at their wedding I had a hard time not laughing when my friend said "I'd like to thank Courtney Butts.Without her I wouldn't have met Nick."

Imagine if he misplaced the "s"...

"I'd like to thank Courtney's Butt...."

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Been over an hour, so I guess that topic is dead.

So.
Is anyone else reading online about what happened in Boston today? I:

Honest

Hi!
Years
I heard about it while I was in Manhattan with a few buddies. I was shocked and really saddened, honestly. What hurts more is that my best friend, who was with me, was literally just there, where the bombs happened, about a week ago.

The pictures were so tragic. :c How many people died.?

Inb4 someone assassinates me -_-;

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Dipu
Two, and one was an 8-year-old. Plus a bunch of people are being hospitalized and in "critical condition" according to some websites. I heard about it earlier today but didn't think much of it. Now people are freaking out and calling it terrorism.

It didn't occur to me until a couple of hours ago that perhaps this is something real, not just a one-time thing. I'm not worried about it, though. I:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Was it terrorism? From the article I read on CNN at Subways, they called it that. I really hope that's not the case. But wow, only two? Two deaths is nothing to be happy about, but they media sure made it seem like a bloody ordeal, nothing against them.

My prayers to all those affected. And hopefully the people behind this get caught, as soon as possible.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well there are nearly 50 injured so it's still a pretty bloody ordeal...

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
But wow, only two? Two deaths is nothing to be happy about, but they media sure made it seem like a bloody ordeal, nothing against them.
The relatively small amount of human life lost compared to other incidents does not lessen the tragic circumstances of this bombing.

Of course the media is going to make it out to be a bloody ordeal, considering it is a bloody ordeal. Quite literally too, may I add.
Ten limbs have been lost from what CNN is saying right now, and assuming they survive, that's possibly ten people whose lives are going to be changed forever. Let alone the emotional trauma of such an event, the effect the deaths will have on the families, the trauma this will have on those who were at the place itself.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm not saying that the 2 deaths makes this any lighter of a situation, and yeah, I'm aware of the number or injuries, along with some of them apparently having lost limbs. I'm just saying that at least those people are still alive, although of course that can change really quickly.

I really hope I'm not coming of as cold, cause that's not what I'm getting at at all.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Man, I only just heard about this. Even with only two people confirmed dead, I've been reading that a lot of people have lost limbs and that isn't much better in my opinion. I really hope whoever caused this incident is caught soon.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yeah, I would have expected more deaths, as well. One article I found mentioned people having their limbs blown off, though. x:

Sorry, I won't be around for a while. Someone wants to buy some 9mm casings from me, so I need to sort them out tonight. My hands still smell like gunpowder, and now they're about to be covered in it yet again.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Yeah, the pictures and videos are really sickening and sad to watch. I'm just wondering how something like this could have happened.

So no confirmation as to who's behind this? Sorry about my ignorance, I just came home and I'm working on some school papers at the moment. :I

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
So no confirmation as to who's behind this? Sorry about my ignorance, I just came home and I'm working on some school papers at the moment. :I

I've heard a Saudi national was apprehended as a suspect, but at the moment, nothing concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back