• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
How do I change the town map image? Is there a tutorial somewhere I can use? So far the only Tut ive found for a map is for the pokedex map.

You obviously did not search hard enough then did you? Look for a tutorial called "Changing the World Map Completely"

The creator of the thread is Mastermind_X

The tutorial might look scary complicated, but in reality it isn't.

You MIGHT also want a tool, found in the toolbox, called WRAP RE.

It is a useful tool that allows you to insert a New set of Tiles for the World Map, and it allows you yo insert new TileMaps to tell the tiles what to look like. (1 for each of the 4 maps in pokemon FR/LG)

You are also going to want Cyclone, NTME, and/or PTC

These are tile map creators.

If you need any information on where to find these tools, or if you want some personal help with this, gimme a PM, I'll make a tutorial if you need it.
(I have been thinking of making a great world map editing tutorial...

I want to know what the Community thinks,
Does the ROM hacking community think I should make a good World Map editing tutorial, that covers everything about editing the World Map?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
You obviously did not search hard enough then did you? Look for a tutorial called "Changing the World Map Completely"

The creator of the thread is Mastermind_X

The tutorial might look scary complicated, but in reality it isn't.

You MIGHT also want a tool, found in the toolbox, called WRAP RE.

It is a useful tool that allows you to insert a New set of Tiles for the World Map, and it allows you yo insert new TileMaps to tell the tiles what to look like. (1 for each of the 4 maps in pokemon FR/LG)

You are also going to want Cyclone, NTME, and/or PTC

These are tile map creators.

If you need any information on where to find these tools, or if you want some personal help with this, gimme a PM, I'll make a tutorial if you need it.
(I have been thinking of making a great world map editing tutorial...

I want to know what the Community thinks,
Does the ROM hacking community think I should make a good World Map editing tutorial, that covers everything about editing the World Map?

Yeah please make the tutorial coz that other one confused me and Mastermind_X's is a little long and when I'm tyring to read it my sister starts to irritate me.

Yeah so please make a tutorial :)

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
How do I remove the tiles from one hack and insert them into another?

I ask this because I got a rom base from PHO and was going to use it for my hack but they changed a few of the towns and I was really hoping to start from where nintendo left the maps and events.

Note: before getting on me about getting permission anyone is allowed to use those tiles so long as they give credit to PHO and the original creators.

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
the 25 unused Pokemon

Hey all,
I realize there are 25 empty pokemon slots in Fire Red. How do i go about either giving them a Pokedex entry OR disabling the pokedex for wild pokemon so that i can capture these new pokemon?

Thanks

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
If you change some maps in A-Map, like the Pokémon Center map, it changes ALL of the Pokémon Center maps. Is there any way to... disassociate the maps from each other, so to speak? So that it's possible to change one of them without changing all of them?

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Alright, lemme try this with a picture...

Okay, so I'm not really sure how this happened, but for some reason, whenever an apostrophe or quotation marks appear in my hack, they come out looking weird, like this (in my signature).

There's this weird mark under them. Anyone know how I'd go about fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Alright, lemme try this with a picture...

Okay, so I'm not really sure how this happened, but for some reason, whenever an apostrophe or quotation marks appear in my hack, they come out looking weird, like this (in my signature).

There's this weird mark under them. Anyone know how I'd go about fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, don't know what's causing it. :/ You could try different things to solve it, though. I don't know how this works on Windows, but on Macs, it's possible to switch between different character palettes for your keyboard; so that, for example, using one character palette you can type "åa", but if you use the exact same keystrokes in a different character palette, it produces "ā". So maybe it's something to do with the character palette (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) that you're typing in?

It might also be the program you're working in. Are you working in something other than XSE? If you use a less common scripting program, something in the program might be causing it. And if you are using XSE (or some other program that has never done anything like this before), have you tried using AdvanceText to edit the messed-up dialogue? It's a pain, but it might solve the problem. So, for the script you've got in the image you showed us, you could do a search in AdvanceText for "so sorry! I really" or some other bit of dialogue from the script, save that script to AdvanceText, and then manually go in and delete and re-type all the apostrophes and quotation marks. If you go that way, you probably want to make sure you don't include an apostrophe or quotation mark in the search string (so, don't search for "I'm so sorry!") because if the game thinks that it says "I,'m" instead of "I'm" then it might not recognize the search.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it looks like you've been searching for an answer for a while and it doesn't look like anybody else has an answer. I hope that something I said was useful.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Worked haha, I had it the same size as the bottom floor so that was the problem, made it 1 pixel smaller all round and now it works like a charm :) Big thanks man.

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Sorry, don't know what's causing it. :/ You could try different things to solve it, though. I don't know how this works on Windows, but on Macs, it's possible to switch between different character palettes for your keyboard; so that, for example, using one character palette you can type "åa", but if you use the exact same keystrokes in a different character palette, it produces "ā". So maybe it's something to do with the character palette (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) that you're typing in?

It might also be the program you're working in. Are you working in something other than XSE? If you use a less common scripting program, something in the program might be causing it. And if you are using XSE (or some other program that has never done anything like this before), have you tried using AdvanceText to edit the messed-up dialogue? It's a pain, but it might solve the problem. So, for the script you've got in the image you showed us, you could do a search in AdvanceText for "so sorry! I really" or some other bit of dialogue from the script, save that script to AdvanceText, and then manually go in and delete and re-type all the apostrophes and quotation marks. If you go that way, you probably want to make sure you don't include an apostrophe or quotation mark in the search string (so, don't search for "I'm so sorry!") because if the game thinks that it says "I,'m" instead of "I'm" then it might not recognize the search.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it looks like you've been searching for an answer for a while and it doesn't look like anybody else has an answer. I hope that something I said was useful.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it! Unfortunately, I kinda neglected to mention that it's not just in my scripts that this problem occurs...The data for the letters themselves, I think, must be changed, because even in places like naming your character (in my signature now), the apostrophe and quotations are still messed up. (And as I side note, I do only use XSE for scripting)

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

2. The cave warps won't work... I set the unknown to 03 and all that stuff, it doesn't work. When I replace the sprite with a ladder, it works, but with the cave sprite, it doesn't work. I tried putting the warp tile 1 cell away from the cave sprite, not working. Warp tile on the sprite, not working as well. Tried making the Cave Sprite walkable, nothing. Made it unwalkable, still not walking... This is extremely frustrating me...

3. How do you make an NPC (person) appear invisible at first and become visible when you walk on a Script Event?

All I need =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back