• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Me too. Like at this point... if they brought Charizard back for Megas- which is probable since he didn't do much in Episode N or Decolore- then there's no point in sending him back to the valley in between. Ash should just take him on to Kalos, because otherwise they'll just have to deal with sending him back and then bringing him over again once Ash gets closer to Korrina and there's no point to that hassle.

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
Here is what I feel will be going on with Ash and Co's party.

Ash will have Pikachu (obviously), Charizard (for mega), Froakie OR Fennekin (Fully evolved, not mega), Talonflame, and Vivillon. If Bonnie is there, I could see her getting Chespin and not evolving it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I guess , Garchamp is being used for an experiment by Team Flare !
And the Mysterious Trainer with Mega-Blaziken trying to stop them .
After all ,Mega-Blaziken is complete in control unlike Garchamp.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
being sent to Johto, the land from which no main character returns.
This made my day xD

Yeah I don't think Garchomp is meaning to do harm? Like I said it looks like it's being controlled or rampaging due to pain. If Ash ends up with a Lucario then that may bring back an Aura plotline... idk. Lucario have been fairly predominant in the anime, esp for a 'mon the main cast hasn't actually owned. I feel like it's weird to feature it again.
Aura plotline would be interesting... they would have plot without even trying but... I think Aura plot started and ended with movie =) (Even though they wanted to revive it with Ranger Riolu episodes)

Me too. Like at this point... if they brought Charizard back for Megas- which is probable since he didn't do much in Episode N or Decolore- then there's no point in sending him back to the valley in between. Ash should just take him on to Kalos, because otherwise they'll just have to deal with sending him back and then bringing him over again once Ash gets closer to Korrina and there's no point to that hassle.
While I also do believe Charizard was brought back precisely because of that I don't think he will traver with Satoshi right from the start...
1) Satoshi would be OP for the first Gym Battle
2) He was saving Pikachu by falling from the tower (I know he wouldn't prefer using Charizard to jumping but if he had him it would probably happen)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Nobody post this yet-
Spoiler:

So Ash & Serena knew each other !
I like to see Ash talk about a promise he made to a Childhood friend a long time of ago at the final episode of Best Wishs (Worst Wishs) ! The episode will have a Short 2 secant flashback of an Unknown who will later reveal to be Serena .

Here is what I feel will be going on with Ash and Co's party.

Ash will have Pikachu (obviously), Charizard (for mega), Froakie OR Fennekin (Fully evolved, not mega), Talonflame, and Vivillon. If Bonnie is there, I could see her getting Chespin and not evolving it.

If Ash bring back Charizard for Megevolution then It gave less reason for Ash to catch a Talonflame !
From Marketing point of View , I believe Pyroar is much better choice because Kids obviously like to Ash riding on a his huge Pyroar and also giving Bonnic Or any other children a ride .

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Nobody post this yet-

Spoiler:

I like to see Ash talk about a promise he made to a Childhood friend a long time of ago at the final episode of Best Wishs (Worst Wishs) ! The episode will have a Short 2 secant flashback of an Unknown who will later reveal to be Serena .

If Ash bring back Charizard for Megevolution then It gave less reason for Ash to catch a Talonflame !

From Marketing point of View , I believe Pyroar is much better choice because Kids obviously like to Ash riding on a his huge Pyroar and also giving Bonnic Or any other children a ride .

How does this prove ash knows her? Also nice theories here. Lucario would be great to still with ash.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024

If I may give my thoughts?

Regardless of how much worth you feel Charizard's return had, I believe that the writers brought him back, with backstory and all, to make him relevant in the coming future. I'm thinking they do indeed intend to Mega Evolve Charizard somewhere down the line, so they reintroduced him so he can be in the eye of the younger audience who weren't even born when Ash first got Charmander.

Thing is though, him bringing Charizard right at the start of his Kalos journey would cause something similar to what happened to the Johto Pokemon: not being showcased primarily in Ash's group's teams as much early on. Despite the resurgence of old Pokemon in Kalos, the new ones still have to take prime focus, and as we know, this is done in the Anime by having Ash only bring Pikachu. So I honestly don't believe they will take Charizard straight to Kalos.

What they will do, I think, is, later in the journey (not sure exactly when, maybe around Shalour City, maybe later, just sometime mid to late-ish) when it becomes relevant, they will find a reason to return Charizard so that he may go through whatever process is necessary to become MegaCharizard. It would be at a time where there'd be other Mega Pokemon to fight, so it wouldn't be too close to the beginning, though that primarily would be up to the pace of the series. (Personally, I'm hoping that we aren't back to DP-level pacing.)

If they brought Charizard to Kalos right away, they'd have to either have Ash curbstomp everything, up the difficulty of the early opponents (neither of which would properly represent the state of the early game where trainers and wild Pokemon are easy to defeat), or constantly justify reasons for why Ash doesn't use Charizard instead of other potential Kalos captures (plus, if Charizard is with Ash, don't you think he'd have used him when he and Pikachu were falling? :P).

On the flip-side, since Ash's Chaizard is now in recent memory, the writers can now bring him back whenever they are ready to make Mega Evolution a completely focused concept for the main cast, while still keeping the focus on the new Pokemon up to that point unimpeded.

On a side note, depending on how much the writers are willing to showcase the new Mega Evolution mechanic in the Anime, this may encourage them to have more fully evolved Pokemon on the main cast (whether you feel that's a good thing or not), especially later on. Assuming they choose to focus on it a lot, that is. After all, Triple Battles weren't that focused in BW (there was only one in fact) and they could always do what they usually do for new Pokemon, have a Character of the Day or Recurring Character showcase them and be done with it.

Though if Ash gets to showcase a Mega Evolved Pokemon, then I hope the potential Serena does too, so as not to hog the love.

P.S.: If I'm being honest, then I gotta say, that sheer BW hate is kind of a turn-off. :(

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Where did you hear that from? I haven't seen anyone from /vp/ posting a board regarding this piece of information.

Regardless of how much worth you feel Charizard's return had, I believe that the writers brought him back, with backstory and all, to make him relevant in the coming future. I'm thinking they do indeed intend to Mega Evolve Charizard somewhere down the line, so they reintroduced him so he can be in the eye of the younger audience who weren't even born when Ash first got Charmander.

Thing is though, him bringing Charizard right at the start of his Kalos journey would cause something similar to what happened to the Johto Pokemon: not being showcased primarily in Ash's group's teams as much early on. Despite the resurgence of old Pokemon in Kalos, the new ones still have to take prime focus, and as we know, this is done in the Anime by having Ash only bring Pikachu. So I honestly don't believe they will take Charizard straight to Kalos.

What they will do, I think, is, later in the journey (not sure exactly when, maybe around Shalour City, maybe later, just sometime mid to late-ish) when it becomes relevant, they will find a reason to return Charizard so that he may go through whatever process is necessary to become MegaCharizard. It would be at a time where there'd be other Mega Pokemon to fight, so it wouldn't be too close to the beginning, though that primarily would be up to the pace of the series. (Personally, I'm hoping that we aren't back to DP-level pacing.)

If they brought Charizard to Kalos right away, they'd have to either have Ash curbstomp everything, up the difficulty of the early opponents (neither of which would properly represent the state of the early game where trainers and wild Pokemon are easy to defeat), or constantly justify reasons for why Ash doesn't use Charizard instead of other potential Kalos captures (plus, if Charizard is with Ash, don't you think he'd have used him when he and Pikachu were falling? ).

On the flip-side, since Ash's Chaizard is now in recent memory, the writers can now bring him back whenever they are ready to make Mega Evolution a completely focused concept for the main cast, while still keeping the focus on the new Pokemon up to that point unimpeded.

Or you know, they could throw a curve ball at us and give Pikachu a Mega Evolution without having to evolve into Raichu first, which is another excuse as to why Ash will only bring Pikachu once again instead of bringing along another of his Pokemon who going to have evo/mega evolution for the current gen.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am not saying your are wrong, but how does that picture of Serena indicate that Ash know's her? I like the theory honestly I really do, it could open up a lot of backstory for Ash and possibly his father, but I just don't see how that picture indicates they know one another. Though it would also make since with Serena/Male counterpart moving to Kalos at the start of the game. But they did it with May/Brandon in RSE, but May and Ash didn't know one another. However, the manga and anime are in no way linked.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I am not saying your are wrong, but how does that picture of Serena indicate that Ash know's her? I like the theory honestly I really do, it could open up a lot of backstory for Ash and possibly his father, but I just don't see how that picture indicates they know one another. Though it would also make since with Serena/Male counterpart moving to Kalos at the start of the game. But they did it with May/Brandon in RSE, but May and Ash didn't know one another. However, the manga and anime are in no way linked.

It was stated that they me before by a member of Pokemon Smash show this past Saturday/Sunday when they showed her artwork, but they didn't reveal how they know each other.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Or you know, they could throw a curve ball at us and give Pikachu a Mega Evolution without having to evolve into Raichu first, which is another excuse as to why Ash will only bring Pikachu once again instead of bringing along another of his Pokemon who going to have evo/mega evolution for the current gen.

I suppose, but that would be up to Gamefreak to create MegaPikachu, not the Pokemon Anime writers.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm, maybe I should look at Poke Smash things for this Sunday.

Anyways, I really like the idea, very interesting and unexpected.

Also, it is hard to believe that Blaziken is with a bad guy. I don't remember where and I do not remember when, but I think Fighting Types in Japan are a equivalent of a Hero, Good, and Light. So it is hard to say if Blaziken is bad or good. It could be that his trainer is lead down the wrong path and turns good later on. But a thing about heroes is that they can turn evil just like anyone else.

So I guess what I am saying is that Blaziken and his trainer are good guys or a villain that is mislead by actions.

One last thing, with Pikachu being the whole franchises mascot, they could very likely give it a Megaform.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
If I may give my thoughts?

That's a good point. I hadn't really thought about why they were doing backstory; that makes perfect sense. I wish it had been in Decolore though and had Episode N be more N/Plasma/drama oriented.

When I say Charizard's retuen in Episode N was pointless, I don't mean it was worthless- I mean that the writers gave him no focus beyond one episode and did not use him for anything that a Unova capture could not have been used for. His initial rivalry with Dragonite was never expanded upon. The writers weren't really showcasing Pokémon personalities and connections, and those two things are what people love Charizard for (besides being badass). I mean his return was pointless in that he filled no role that could not have been filled by another Pokémon.

If they brought Charizard to Kalos right away, they'd have to either have Ash curbstomp everything, up the difficulty of the early opponents (neither of which would properly represent the state of the early game where trainers and wild Pokemon are easy to defeat), or constantly justify reasons for why Ash doesn't use Charizard instead of other potential Kalos captures (plus, if Charizard is with Ash, don't you think he'd have used him when he and Pikachu were falling? :P).

This is what's been irking me. They brought Charizard in wayyyy too early to glide easily over to his role in Mega Evolution. But they also brought him in very late in BW late and neglected to feature him enough that his appearance would seem to be important. If they send him back now, it's like "well that was disappointing; we saw like nothing of him." If they keep him, they run into the problems you state: Ash is hella OP with both Charizard and Pika and has even less of a rotation. Like, bringing Charizard back when they planned to have a filler in Kalos would have been ideal- reintroduce him, have him hang around for a while and then encounter M!Evo. Like, I don't really think at this point that he'll be staying during region transition. But his return hasn't really been fulfilling so far and like I said, once he goes back it's just like "??? ok then"

On a side note, depending on how much the writers are willing to showcase the new Mega Evolution mechanic in the Anime, this may encourage them to have more fully evolved Pokemon on the main cast (whether you feel that's a good thing or not), especially later on. Assuming they choose to focus on it a lot, that is. After all, Triple Battles weren't that focused in BW (there was only one in fact) and they could always do what they usually do for new Pokemon, have a Character of the Day or Recurring Character showcase them and be done with it.

Though if Ash gets to showcase a Mega Evolved Pokemon, then I hope the potential Serena does too, so as not to hog the love.
I at least hope that Ash has more second/third stage Pokémon than first stage 'mon with him at any given time. Especially with two other trainer-age characters and multiple potential rivals, there should be no reason for him to have to showcase unevolved 'mon. I doubt many of these will fulfill Mega requirements (iirc strong trainer bond and final stage of specific species) but perhaps one or two other than Charizard. We do know there's a M!Blaziken around somewhere and a M!Lucario that's probably not Ash's. So recurring characters and CotDs may well be used to showcase these. I have a feeling we'll end up seeing them in the League at least and perhaps at various tournaments too.

P.S.: If I'm being honest, then I gotta say, that sheer BW hate is kind of a turn-off. :(
Now I know there' BW haters 'round here, but if you're talking about me- oh hell no, boy. BW is adorable and fun and has some great episodes. Cilan is my very favourite character and I have an emblem because of that and two of my alt accounts are "Dent" and "Cilan". I owned and operated the Dent/Cilan Fanclub & the CaféMochaShipping Fanclub and they had a good life when others were interested. I've got an emblem because of that, too. I wrote the first English fanfiction for CaféMochaShipping (and am still getting reviews/favs on it wth how do people even find that). I. Adore. BW. It had so much potential. It started off so well. But even though I adore it, the storytelling and depth really does not compare to previous seasons. I'm really, really upset that these lovely characters who were so strong right off the bat just stagnated and weren't expanded upon nearly as much as they could have (should have!) been. I adore BW, but it could have been so. Much. Better.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I can see that there might be a lot of Epic battles between Mega's like I said earlier, I really want to see Ash's Charizard battle a Mega Blazeiken in Charizard's Mega. Even if it isn't Harrison's which it probably isn't. Actual pokemon battleing may pay a huge role in this season, even more so than previous season with Megas.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
While I can foresee a bunch of epicness, I feel the need to press this question:
Anybody else notice how Satoshi's new hat is ALMOST EXACTLY like Red's hat?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I hope , There will be more ''Love & Hate'' relationship in XY Series .
And I love a cute girl with Pink hair & Sharp eye to be Ash's rival.
Like Gerogia.
I found her the most cutest among all BW girl .
Probably because she had Pink hair and Sharp eye .
Plus ,Since this Anime showcase Ash's oblivious personality , I believe he can use a Tsundere female rival who really want to beat him but also has a hidden admiration toward Ash. (Example Ursula , Gerogia & Carbernet) !

I can't believe that Ash's Sidekick's has rival like this but Ash doesn't !!!
And People still complain about Ash hogging all the spotlight .

While I can foresee a bunch of epicness, I feel the need to press this question:
Anybody else notice how Satoshi's new hat is ALMOST EXACTLY like Red's hat?

People been talking about that since the revelation of Ash XY outfit.
Now it become an Old Topic !!!

Last edited:
Years
We have new info about the anime!!!!

During the episode of the anime today, some further details of the upcoming series Pokémon XY were revealed. Within this, it showcased that Ash knew Serena when he was a child, and showed Bonnie and Clemont helping Ash when he was falling. It also showcased Ash standing off against the rampaging Garchomp on his own as the media watched.
It is also revealed that there is a new design for Officer Jenny, while Nurse Joy keeps her Unova design. In addition to that, it is revealed that Bonnie is hunting for a wife for Clemont, and she also holds onto his Pokémon. Clemont has a robot arm called the Aipom Arm in his backpack. Clemont refuses to battle Ash at the Lumiose City gym because he has no badges
(from serebii)

There is also a video! http://youtu.be/wNjZtvHqDHg

The new characters :)

Spoiler:

I find it very interesting that we will see Ash at a young age! :)

Last edited:

Yambo

Power Seeker
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
This new info is great. Find it intresting that Serena already new Ash. As for Clemont and Bonnie i think it will work with the whole find a wife thing to add a bit of humor.

And its seen that Ash rescues a Froakie whos hurt and that the Froakie actually is with Ash when he tries to fend of the garchomp. I think Froakie will be the starter to accompany Ash

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

PS : For Some reason , All the Video I posted isn't working .

Alright , So Serena did knew Ash .
It felt like She had a childhood crush on him .
Bonnie looking for a Sister-in-law !!!!!
What ??? Can't her Brother can't find a girl-friend himself
Good thing that Ash haven't battle Clemont yet . I hope Ash doesn't lose his first battle .

Years
You think Serena is from Pallet Town as well? And, Clemont won't get married of course but it will be funny to see Bonnie trying to get him a wife. I bet Clemont will be really embarrassed everytime this happens lol

And yeah, Froakie will be Ash's first Kalos' Pokemon, I bet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back