• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hidden Grottos

Years
Simple question did you like them and would you want them to bring them back in x and y?
Personally i like them and thought it was an awesome idea.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
Yeah, they should be brought back in my opinion, but with higher respawn and pokemon percentages. It's not fun having to run 255+ steps just to have a 5% chance of them even having an item, let alone a pokemon. But I digress, I would love to see them come back with new pokemon and hidden abilities.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd like to see them have a comeback, but make the rates for hidden ability Pokémon higher. It'd be a great way to get rid of stupid requirement of using the Dream World to get hidden abilities, plus it was always fun just searching for them throughout the games.

Years
Yeah, they should be brought back in my opinion, but with higher respawn and pokemon percentages. It's not fun having to run 255+ steps just to have a 5% chance of them even having an item, let alone a pokemon. But I digress, I would love to see them come back with new pokemon and hidden abilities.

New pokes would be nice, what about legendary's from previous gens with a 1% chance like dragonite was? Also better items lucky egg, master ball, and other held items

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Definitely loved the Hidden Grottos and having to find them, was a lot of fun :D
Spawn Chances for Pokemon should be higher though, as others have suggested
Having the chance of finding some rare items would be nice as well!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'mma be the odd man out. I'd rather they not keep hidden grottoes in the new game. They're a gimmick for B2W2. I kinda want them to keep dream world or add a new dream world like add on for the games. Maybe some pokewalker like item with dream world pokemon or some kinda ar scan card link upfeature with special pokemon cards that can be scaned more than once.

Leave the other in game gimmicks to the game that they belong to.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
New pokes would be nice, what about legendary's from previous gens with a 1% chance like dragonite was? Also better items lucky egg, master ball, and other held items

It would be really weird to see legendaries show up in hidden grottos. They're name implies that they are very hard/near impossible to find. Hence the name "legendary" (i.e. they exist in legend and not many people have seen them in their entire life or at all.) I mean, come on colud you imagine just walking into the woods and finding a hidden grotto with dialga in it? I'd be like, "the guardian and master of space is sitting in between a few trees??? What's it doing here!?" lol ^__^

As for the items, yeah, I'd love to see lucky eggs, master balls, focus sash's and others become availible to find.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Definitely agree on not seeing legendaries in the Hidden Grottos if they were to make a return. I mean, in your specific game you're only going to see one of the legendary pop up. Having them have the ability to pop up multiple times in the game would kind of kill them being legendary (other than them maybe popping back up if you fail to catch them the first time).

Back