• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years

It evolves via in-game trade =)
Dusk Stone is not available in 3rd gen games =)

does that go for all pokemon needing dusk stones? And if so where can i find the person willing to trade from mismagus and what pokemon do they want for it? I really want one, but i don't want to end up training something pointless. I'm behind on lvls as is.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Actually, I just don't have a clue how to edit those. Ash, why don't you send me a PM with what you think needs changing, that you know how to change? I really don't like the idea of releasing tons of little updates, but one big one might be alright. If you could tell me how to edit growth rate without using YAPE, I'd like to fix that. I can do the base exp with the tools I'm using.

And what were the events people were having REAL issues, not being-stupid-and-figured-it-out-later issues, with? I remember Carmin Town and Serenity Ciy... anything else?

EDIT: Serenity City was just a goof on my part. I fixed it, but only did so partway... No wonder you guys were having issues.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Nice! The english version is finally completed! Just wanted to know Snakebyte, are there still some major bugs with this release that you plan on releasing updates for? I'd much rather wait for all the major bugs with the translation to be ironed out before I download this patch.

Years
Nice! The english version is finally completed! Just wanted to know Snakebyte, are there still some major bugs with this release that you plan on releasing updates for? I'd much rather wait for all the major bugs with the translation to be ironed out before I download this patch.

You can still beat the beat the game with the current beta, but if Snakebyte is thinking of releasing a beta with lots of updates I think you might be better off waiting.

Just to state hopefully I will not have to restart the game if there is a updated release.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Damned & K2 XTREME: There might be one or two issues that affect gameplay, but many, many people have played through with no problems. I'd recommend downloading the current version. I'm considering making an update that fixes a few things, but we'll see. Ash knows more about hacking than I do, I'm sure, so it really depends what can be fixed. I don't want to make everyone download something again for just a few tiny fixes. My current version has, like, two script tweaks and two text tweaks from the released version, and they're things most people won't even notice. So I'm going to have to do a lot more before I have a major update. And I'm making no promises that I will. But if I figure out how to fix some of the other issues, like the XP? Yeah, there'll probably be an update sometime in the next month or so.

Oh, and if I do, there should be no need to restart, though some fixed events may repeat once.

Turretman: It's not nice to blame other people because you don't understand how things work. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
can i obtain all the starters in the game instead of one from each gen?

Last edited:
Years
Damned & K2 XTREME: There might be one or two issues that affect gameplay, but many, many people have played through with no problems. I'd recommend downloading the current version. I'm considering making an update that fixes a few things, but we'll see. Ash knows more about hacking than I do, I'm sure, so it really depends what can be fixed. I don't want to make everyone download something again for just a few tiny fixes. My current version has, like, two script tweaks and two text tweaks from the released version, and they're things most people won't even notice. So I'm going to have to do a lot more before I have a major update. And I'm making no promises that I will. But if I figure out how to fix some of the other issues, like the XP? Yeah, there'll probably be an update sometime in the next month or so.

Oh, and if I do, there should be no need to restart, though some fixed events may repeat once.

Turretman: It's not nice to blame other people because you don't understand how things work. :(

I already have 4 badges, the game is fun to play even with me editing it a bit.

monkeybard

boop
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
Actually, I just don't have a clue how to edit those. Ash, why don't you send me a PM with what you think needs changing, that you know how to change? I really don't like the idea of releasing tons of little updates, but one big one might be alright. If you could tell me how to edit growth rate without using YAPE, I'd like to fix that. I can do the base exp with the tools I'm using.

And what were the events people were having REAL issues, not being-stupid-and-figured-it-out-later issues, with? I remember Carmin Town and Serenity Ciy... anything else?

EDIT: Serenity City was just a goof on my part. I fixed it, but only did so partway... No wonder you guys were having issues.
Pretty sure Base EXP is the one that tells the game how much exp you get from defeating a Pokémon. I like to run through hacks with new Pokémon using YAPE and Pokémon such as Venipede which give high amounts of EXP in-game have high Base EXP values (255, the highest, in the case of Venipede). And Growth Rate is the one that takes off/adds levels to Pokémon when they evolve. But I think we all know that by now.

EDIT: Looked at Metagross in YAPE. It has 3 Base EXP, like a lot of the Legendaries. Maybe WesleyFG thought it did something different?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Yeah, I know that. The tools I have can edit Base EXP, but not Growth Rate. Both need fixing. I'm not sure why you felt the need to correct me. ^_^

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
does that go for all pokemon needing dusk stones? And if so where can i find the person willing to trade from mismagus and what pokemon do they want for it? I really want one, but i don't want to end up training something pointless. I'm behind on lvls as is.
All in-game trades are here:
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/trade-pokeacutemon.html
As for the Mismagius... I think Misdreavus does not evolve via trading...
It might be level evolution...

i got a question can you get all the starters in the game?
Well you should be able =D

Okay, I'm planning to do a detailed playthrough so I can send you any bugs I will find so once I finish it, we can release another update =)
By the way, why not using YAPE?

EDIT: Looked at Metagross in YAPE. It has 3 Base EXP, like a lot of the Legendaries. Maybe WesleyFG thought it did something different?
As for Metagross... if I'm right then it's giving so little exps because Wes replaced ??? with Metagross.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
please help me, i'm in lauren region but i can't go inside on the gym in flamerny town i want your answer...

RedFan

Master Trainer
Years
In my ENGLISH Version whent my Krokorok an elctabuuz evolved on level 40 they were de-leveld
My Electivire was level 35 now.
My Krookodile was level 40 now.

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
can someone please help me, i cant find the snowice gym leader, he/she is nowhere to be found, and i cant go go past the boy blocking me the next area, north of the gym, where it stops snowing????

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2021
Guys need help with museum ticket... i stuck... i saw a video in youtube where he is going to get in the GYM and a guy is coming out telling him that the gym leader is not there and then he is giving him the ticket. i went to the gym but the guy was already outside and when i talked to him he told me that the gym leader is not there but he didn't give me the ticket!! :-(.... please help me

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
Alright, i'm playing through the english version. I'm currently stuck at Snowice city, and i have no idea where the gym leader is/ or how to get there. Can anyone help?

Alright, i'm playing through the english version. I'm currently stuck at Snowice city, and i have no idea where the gym leader is/ or how to get there. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Ash493: Because Wesley used all 25 ??? slots, YAPE seriously screws up the rom. And sorry, you're wrong about Metagross. It's in its original slot. He must have changed it for some other reason.

RedFan: We know.

Everyone asking about why the snowce gym leader isn't there: This is been answered A MILLION TIMES. The thread has a search function.

Back